You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KilljoyCutter

End Of WW2 In Europe Marathon -- Inherent Problem

22 comments in this topic

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,387 posts

As with all of these missions, there's an inherent problem.

When a mission or challenge says "Kill X ships of nation A, while using ships of nation B"... a lot of players will be in ships of nation B, meaning very few targets in ships of nation A will be in the battles. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
Flipped the variables originally.
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles

Scenarios are your friend here. While you will need some friends Killer Whale will get you the Germans and the current Raptor Rescue which you can drop into solo will get you the Japanese ships.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

Its great that Russian ships are being used in force for a change. Go Comrades 

[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,263 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Scenarios are your friend here. While you will need some friends Killer Whale will get you the Germans and the current Raptor Rescue which you can drop into solo will get you the Japanese ships.

Potentially not doable right now, (Killer Whale,) as there seems to be a ‘bug’ preventing even full divisioned teams from playing off-week Ops.

Was mentioned several weeks ago, and I forgot about it, until witness to it happening last night.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,243 battles

It would be a huge problem if it were randoms only (Duke of York missions, I am looking at you!). The fact that they made it co-op and scenario-inclusive makes things much easier.

If I get a good chunk of playing time this afternoon, I'm going to alternate my Furutaka and Graf Spee. Whether in randoms or co-ops, this will make sure there are Japanese and German ships in the game to shoot at. I have no eligible Soviet ships, so I may as well offer the service.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
13 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Potentially not doable right now, (Killer Whale,) as there seems to be a ‘bug’ preventing even full divisioned teams from playing off-week Ops.

Was mentioned several weeks ago, and I forgot about it, until witness to it happening last night.

Four of us ran Killer Whale on Friday evening with no trouble and even that short handed we even got a two star win once because we kept Leroy alive.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,387 posts

It would be fine if it were "get 6 kills while using a Russian ship" or "kill 3 German and 3 Japanese ships".  The combination is the problem. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,263 battles
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Four of us ran Killer Whale on Friday evening with no trouble and even that short handed we even got a two star win once because we kept Leroy alive.

Good then. Not sure what was wrong then.

Tinfoil hat from a few weeks ago was that WG didn’t want players doing anything but the the Op of the week; so ‘mysterious convenient bug.’

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

As with all of these missions, there's an inherent problem.

When a mission or challenge says "Kill X ships of nation A, while using ships of nation B"... a lot of players will be in ships of nation A, meaning very few targets in ships of nation B will be in the battles. 

I think that you meant to say:

When a mission or challenge says "Kill X ships of nation A, while using ships of nation B"... a lot of players will be in ships of nation B, meaning very few targets in ships of nation A will be in the battles.   People will be in the ships trying to GET the kills, rather than the ships of the targeted nation.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,387 posts
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

I think that you meant to say:

When a mission or challenge says "Kill X ships of nation A, while using ships of nation B"... a lot of players will be in ships of nation B, meaning very few targets in ships of nation A will be in the battles.   People will be in the ships trying to GET the kills, rather than the ships of the targeted nation.

I may have flipped the letters in there, yes.

• Angry 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

I believe in a post in one of the many threads about this particular subject, there should be a counter mission so it gets people into IJN and KM boats to kill Russian ships.  Like there is in the challenges 500k to IJN using a USN and visa versa.

The fact remains that up till this point there is no such mission so your stuck.  People are completing it, it is possible, I used a khab in co op, 4 games done.  Simply ignore everything you should do, blast past ships shooting you,  target the one you need to, drop torps at point blank to secure.  I mean it's co op so it's not hard.

Members
3,470 posts
6,170 battles

This is like the 30th thread on teh same thing.  Multiple threads can be found in the first 3 pages of the forum.  Adding more will not make any difference especially since all of them have the same suggestions.

• Boring 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,176 posts
11,693 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It would be fine if it were "get 6 kills while using a Russian ship" or "kill 3 German and 3 Japanese ships".  The combination is the problem. 

yeah I've killed IJN ships at a huge rate, I can't find germans, and when I do, they get sniped from me.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,387 posts
22 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

This is like the 30th thread on teh same thing.  Multiple threads can be found in the first 3 pages of the forum.  Adding more will not make any difference especially since all of them have the same suggestions.

I looked at the first page of the this forum, and saw no titles mentioning this mission or describing the problem. 

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,176 posts
11,693 battles

Finally got a Nurnburg to sail broadside to my Budyonny, and finished it up.  Now, to Kutuzov and ranked to get the 25k exp

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,387 posts
47 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

The fact remains that up till this point there is no such mission so your stuck.  People are completing it, it is possible, I used a khab in co op, 4 games done.  Simply ignore everything you should do, blast past ships shooting you,  target the one you need to, drop torps at point blank to secure.  I mean it's co op so it's not hard.

Then you got lucky, because some of us are going multiple battles in a row without seeing any of the target ships, just lots of Russians.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Then you got lucky, because some of us are going multiple battles in a row without seeing any of the target ships, just lots of Russians.

I waited till there was a low number of people online then did it, my teams were myself and 6 bots, and using a t10 your almost guaranteed you're by yourself

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,387 posts
5 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I waited till there was a low number of people online then did it, my teams were myself and 6 bots, and using a t10 your almost guaranteed you're by yourself

Ah, now that is a smart idea, and does change a bit whether it was luck or smarts. 

[4HIM]
Members
1,804 posts
4,072 battles

In 8 battles yesterday, saw a total of two German ships.  Almost had a kill on one but it got sniped from me.

• Cool 2

[XBRTC]
Members
148 posts
7,416 battles
On 5/6/2018 at 8:36 AM, CylonRed said:

Then don't read them. Your comment is completely worthless, great work.

Members
9,962 posts
On 5/6/2018 at 9:07 AM, KilljoyCutter said:

Was easy enough to do it in Co-op, there are always Derpitzs to be found there.:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
3,470 posts
6,170 battles
6 hours ago, SteveStevenson said:

Then don't read them. Your comment is completely worthless, great work.

Much like yours, even better "work".

Edited by CylonRed
  • Boring 1