You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Battleship_Kaga

Please... *gasp*... no more... *wheeze*...

46 comments in this topic

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,942 battles

...MISSIONS WITH FREAKING KILL Z NUMBER OF Y NATIONALITY SHIPS WHILE PLAYING X NATIONALITY'S SHIPS. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8409151

Edited by Battlecruiser_NewZealand
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[5D]
Members
1,244 posts
7,213 battles

But... it was so easy with the Operations...

[LEGIT]
Members
448 posts
6,404 battles

FOR IJN ship hunting go to scenarios. For KMS play co op

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,581 battles
25 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

...MISSIONS WITH FREAKING KILL Z NUMBER OF Y NATIONALITY SHIPS WHILE PLAYING X NATIONALITY'S SHIPS. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8409151

Yes, yes, and yes! Please listen already WG, this is the umpteenth thread on the matter!

Spoiler

That being said, did it (the part with the kills) in about ten PvE games with the Grozovoi. Not too bad but still incredibly rage inducing.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

If you can't do it, your not trying hard enough, just another give me give me give me thread with no value, plenty of others completed it without running to forums complaining.  To many snowflakes wanting a free ride.

• Bad 3

[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,466 battles
41 minutes ago, Spartias said:

But... it was so easy with the Operations...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat you can do it in that? ugh sigh guess im doing raptor rescue then.  I didn't know..

[5D]
Members
1,244 posts
7,213 battles
Just now, Akeno017 said:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat you can do it in that? ugh sigh guess im doing raptor rescue then.  I didn't know..

Yup, Raptor Rescue and Killer Whale.

One has all German enemies while the other has all Japanese.

[RLGN]
Members
8,243 posts
17,255 battles
18 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Reveal hidden contents

That being said, did it (the part with the kills) in about ten PvE games with the Grozovoi. Not too bad but still incredibly rage inducing.

Three games in Co-op with Gnevny; bagged a HSF Spee, a Prinz, and a Tirpitz.

Then one Raptor in a ship I hate, Molotov; don’t remember what I sank, (A loss...)

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,552 posts

Yeah, I wanted my free shiny Russian captain but they want me to get all these things in a Tier VI Russian ship when I don't have any

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles
Just now, Chobittsu said:

Yeah, I wanted my free shiny Russian captain but they want me to get all these things in a Tier VI Russian ship when I don't have any

Yes its like with the french campaign, I had no french ships, and I didn't win or buy any, but i still completed it, 1 star at a time.  Maybe you should of ground up on the Russian line a bit more, or you could simply go buy a Leningrad, or Molotov

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,581 battles
3 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

WG's answer: there are plenty of not-free shiny Russian ships available in the shop! :cap_haloween:

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,552 posts
3 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Yes its like with the french campaign, I had no french ships, and I didn't win or buy any, but i still completed it, 1 star at a time.  Maybe you should of ground up on the Russian line a bit more, or you could simply go buy a Leningrad, or Molotov

But that would require sailing a russian ship, and they're........ not French.

• Funny 2

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles
1 minute ago, Chobittsu said:

But that would require sailing a russian ship, and they're........ not French.

You obviously did not read the entire post.

2 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Maybe you should of ground up on the Russian line a bit more, or you could simply go buy a Leningrad, or Molotov

The second part you must of missed^^

20 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

When you do not have what you need there are ways to get around it. see above quote. and below

8 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Yes its like with the french campaign, I had no french ships, and I didn't win or buy any, but i still completed it, 1 star at a time

[STW-M]
Members
2,044 posts
5,861 battles

What exactly is this captain suited for anyways?

Jack Dunkirk was the perfect Belfast/British BB and CL captain and the French special captain was perfect for French BBs.

Exactly which Russian ship needs (or at least benefits from) expert marksmen, high alert, and preventative maintenance?

I don't see high alert being suited for Russian dd's, and preventative maintenance isn't particularly useful on the cruisers, and there're only 2 BBs (for one of which high alert is completely useless for anyways).

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Edited by Avenge_December_7
Forgot Nikolai

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,942 battles
4 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Jack Dunkirk was the perfect Belfast/British BB and CL captain and the French special captain was perfect for French BBs.

Exactly which Russian ship needs (or at least benefits from) expert marksmen, high alert, and preventative maintenance?

I don't see high alert being suited for Russian dd's, and preventative maintenance isn't particularly useful on the cruisers, and there's only 1 BB (which high alert is completely useless for anyways).

I dunno. I only took the turret skill, because I wasn't going to gimp myself getting the other two. Given how little I play even my Nikolai these days, I'll likely never notice.

[LEGIT]
Members
448 posts
6,404 battles
6 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

I don't see high alert being suited for Russian dd's, and preventative maintenance isn't particularly useful on the cruisers, and there's only 1 BB (which high alert is completely useless for anyways).

Hes suited for Russian Gunboats. AKA Khab line dd

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles
9 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

2 of the 3 ( EM & PM ) suits all the Russian DD, there are 2 Russian BB so all 3 are useful on those, for CA', the Stalingrad is coming after the 3rd wave of CB and they have the Kronstadt (however you spell it please correct ) you might find 2 of them are useful for those, it depends on how people build their capts as to what they want.

At least its a start for getting a capt with skills for the Russian line, it's still better than the IJN capt they gave in the campaign 

I like playing the Russian DD line, so I will pump points into it, and use it on my premiums till I decide which ship I want it on

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[STW-M]
Members
2,044 posts
5,861 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

there are 2 Russian BB so all 3 are useful on those

On Nikolai sure, but October Revolution?

Are these skills of any use on Moskva?

I already have an 11 point captain that's going to transfer from Minsk to Kiev and eventually Khabarovsk and a normal 10-point captain in reserve for the split (i.e. to Grozovoi). Should I use the captain for the split?

...God I'm confused.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles
9 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

On Nikolai sure, but October Revolution?

Are these skills of any use on Moskva?

I already have an 11 point captain that's going to transfer from Minsk to Kiev and eventually Khabarovsk and a normal 10-point captain in reserve for the split (i.e. to Grozovoi). Should I use the captain for the split?

...God I'm confused.

The Nikolai I use for fun, from time to time, so yes, the OKT, no I haven't used that since I got it. 

I have 19 point capts for Kiev, Tash, Udaloi, Khab, Groz, the're all somewhat similar but I changed a couple of things so they all weren't exactly the same, so I can use them on the Gremmy and Leningrad, and give me slightly different builds.

Now this new capt i can use on the Gremmy and Lenin, no worries but I'm tossing up where to actually put it.  I'm leaning toward the trashcan as I really enjoy playing it, over the other ones.

I don't think to much of the groz, the Khab is good, I would aim to also look at the Udaloi, Its a fun boat, But the trashcan, I find is more fun.

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
2,044 posts
5,861 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

The Nikolai I use for fun, from time to time, so yes, the OKT, no I haven't used that since I got it. 

I have 19 point capts for Kiev, Tash, Udaloi, Khab, Groz, the're all somewhat similar but I changed a couple of things so they all weren't exactly the same, so I can use them on the Gremmy and Leningrad, and give me slightly different builds.

Now this new capt i can use on the Gremmy and Lenin, no worries but I'm tossing up where to actually put it.  I'm leaning toward the trashcan as I really enjoy playing it, over the other ones.

I don't think to much of the groz, the Khab is good, I would aim to also look at the Udaloi, Its a fun boat, But the trashcan, I find is more fun.

Hmm, I guess I'll just hold the fellow in reserve for the time being then (if I can even get him—curse these nationality-based missions).

[RLGN]
Members
8,243 posts
17,255 battles
50 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

For a line of destroyers I found detestable for its lack of concealment, (and other reasons,) Grozvoi was the only one I liked.

48 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Hmm, I guess I'll just hold the fellow in reserve for the time being then (if I can even get him—curse these nationality-based missions).

Co-op and Ops did the trick for me.

[STW-M]
Members
2,044 posts
5,861 battles
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Co-op and Ops did the trick for me.

I guess co-op can be relatively simply (if a pain due to the random nature of MM unless you div up with a German/Japanese), but you mind telling me about operations, specifically the distribution of ship nationalities among the enemies?

[HAG]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,074 battles

I would have preferred it to be 6 kills of axis ships not 3 from the 2 major powers

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,043 posts
17,674 battles
2 hours ago, KAGA_kaini said:

FOR IJN ship hunting go to scenarios. For KMS play co op

For KMS kills, get 4-7 people together in a division  and go play the Killer Whale operation.

[SALVO]
Members
17,043 posts
17,674 battles
22 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

I guess co-op can be relatively simply (if a pain due to the random nature of MM unless you div up with a German/Japanese), but you mind telling me about operations, specifically the distribution of ship nationalities among the enemies?

In operations, the enemies are from a single nation.  Hence, if you want IJN kills, there are a number of operations where the IJN are the enemy, including the current op, Raptor Rescue.  And for the Germans, go with the Killer Whale op.