Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

WG what is wrong with this Map

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

516
[POP]
Members
1,165 posts
15,061 battles

Hi

In terms of WOWS what is wrong with this map ( below ) from the country of Mexico down something seems to be missing in game.

Ah yes  Central and South America  known for Corona Beer, The Amazon Region, The Rio Carnival and Che Guavera to name but a few that is synonymous to the region.

This region is also famous for other things too, sailing down either side of the coasts was no Sunday cruise back in the day, some famous battles were fought there.

For our game and for those who are a bit fuzzy on Naval history for that region here is but a few of the action that went on down that way starting with the most famous and well known, The Battle Of The River Plate Dec 13 1939, however one could also say  that 2 earlier battles have equally have the right to be given the title of respect and fame.

The Battle Of Coronel Nov 1st 1914 between The Legendary  Vice-Admiral Graf Maximilian von Spee  leading the famous  The East Asia Squadron and The  British West Indies Squadron commanded by Rear-Admiral Sir Christopher Cradock.

The Battle Of Falklands Dec 14 1914 between Spee's  Squadron and Vice-Admiral Doveton Sturdee's South Atlantic Squadron.

Both Brazil and Mexico were active participants in the second world war.

Not only that there was what was termed The South American dreadnought race from the early 20th century by several countries.

There was a lot of Naval stuff going on down there.

Here at WOWS/NA we even have a forum section dedicated to that region and yet we are still missing something important.

We have a Pan Asia line of ships, Commonwealth ships even have Polish ship but for some reason we still don't have 1 single Pan American ship in game. 

Since i started playing this game there have been numerous posts with ship ideas and yet we are still waiting for our first Premium from there.

WG its time to make this right.

regards

 Image result for map of south america

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
496
[LOU1]
Members
3,034 posts
8,128 battles

There is already a post talking about this.  i also think that the players above the map might have something to say about the next nation to get ships in WOWS...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
671
[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

My only question with another new line your wanting, is, where were these ships laid down?,  Which country built them?,  Were they bought from a country already represented in game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,793
[SALVO]
Members
17,056 posts
17,716 battles

@tm63au  I can't see how there will ever be a legitimate South/Central American tree, but I could easily see some premium ships.  The WW1 era dreadnoughts you mention are possible.  And god knows there are probably some DDs and cruisers that could be used as well.

That said, I don't see any  screaming rush.  I'd rather see a real WW1 semi-major power, i.e. Austria-Hungary, get added to the game before South America.  I mean, they actually built their own BBs, rather than contracting out the work to other countries like the US or the UK.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
405
[XBRTC]
Members
1,417 posts
7,434 battles

Also, y'know, if you feel like your country / continent are not represented well enough in video games, you could certainly feel free to jump-start the industry yourself.

Tell you what: I'll loan you some money so you can get going on that.

No, never mind. I won't loan it. I'll give you five million Venezuelan Bolivars to get your country's video game industry jump-started. That's five million Bolivars in cold, hard cash.

Then you can get your own gaming industry and gaming company and make the ships you want to make. (of course, the ships themselves still would have been made mostly in the US and the UK, because... well, never mind why.)

How about I give you ten million bolivars instead, then? 5 million for your game company, and then 5 million more so you can get a shipyard going and make warships designed and built in Central or South America as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,793
[SALVO]
Members
17,056 posts
17,716 battles
6 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Also, y'know, if you feel like your country / continent are not represented well enough in video games, you could certainly feel free to jump-start the industry yourself.

Tell you what: I'll loan you some money so you can get going on that.

No, never mind. I won't loan it. I'll give you five million Venezuelan Bolivars to get your country's video game industry jump-started. That's five million Bolivars in cold, hard cash.

Then you can get your own gaming industry and gaming company and make the ships you want to make. (of course, the ships themselves still would have been made mostly in the US and the UK, because... well, never mind why.)

How about I give you ten million bolivars instead, then? 5 million for your game company, and then 5 million more so you can get a shipyard going and make warships designed and built in Central or South America as well?

Rusty, this is a HUGE reason why I don't get all that excited about the idea of a South American tree, or for that matter a Commonwealth tree or the Pan-Asian tree.  I prefer seeing countries added to the game that made their own damned ships.  Secondarily, I can have a little sympathy for nations that contracted out for other countries to build new ships for them, like the S.A. BBs pre-WW1.  But it's really a yawner to have a tree for a nation/group of nations where the ships were just handed over to them after the nation that first built them and used them, decided that they no longer needed them, and decided to give/sell them to someone else rather than scrap them.

This is why I'd rather see the Austria-Hungarian navy added to the game, because they built their own ships.  And I'd prefer to see the Commonwealth merged into the RN tree as premiums that could be played by RN officers or Commonwealth nation officers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
516
[POP]
Members
1,165 posts
15,061 battles
3 hours ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Also, y'know, if you feel like your country / continent are not represented well enough in video games, you could certainly feel free to jump-start the industry yourself.

Tell you what: I'll loan you some money so you can get going on that.

No, never mind. I won't loan it. I'll give you five million Venezuelan Bolivars to get your country's video game industry jump-started. That's five million Bolivars in cold, hard cash.

Then you can get your own gaming industry and gaming company and make the ships you want to make. (of course, the ships themselves still would have been made mostly in the US and the UK, because... well, never mind why.)

How about I give you ten million bolivars instead, then? 5 million for your game company, and then 5 million more so you can get a shipyard going and make warships designed and built in Central or South America as well?

hi

Thanks for the offer of those Venezuelan Bolivars but if don't mind  I will take cold hard Australian dollars since that's where I live.

Its the thought that counts of course

Cheers

  

Edited by tm63au

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
516
[POP]
Members
1,165 posts
15,061 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

@tm63au  I can't see how there will ever be a legitimate South/Central American tree, but I could easily see some premium ships.  The WW1 era dreadnoughts you mention are possible.  And god knows there are probably some DDs and cruisers that could be used as well.

That said, I don't see any  screaming rush.  I'd rather see a real WW1 semi-major power, i.e. Austria-Hungary, get added to the game before South America.  I mean, they actually built their own BBs, rather than contracting out the work to other countries like the US or the UK.

 

Hi Crucis

I think having the Austrians in game is a great idea they should be it would be unique a current landlocked country / countries' in game would be amazing.

@Stauffenberg44 and number of others have written posts on the Austro Hungarians line and I second it now if we could only twist the arms of WG staff to create them.

AS for full tech tree line Pan America its possible but I am quite happy to have a premium of each type of ship excluding CV's of course as no country down there had any at least not in the time period of this game.

cheers

    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,793
[SALVO]
Members
17,056 posts
17,716 battles
52 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Hi Crucis

I think having the Austrians in game is a great idea they should be it would be unique a current landlocked country / countries' in game would be amazing.

@Stauffenberg44 and number of others have written posts on the Austro Hungarians line and I second it now if we could only twist the arms of WG staff to create them.

AS for full tech tree line Pan America its possible but I am quite happy to have a premium of each type of ship excluding CV's of course as no country down there had any at least not in the time period of this game.

cheers

    

I think that the problem is that WG is stuck on the idea that every line has to go all the way to tier 10.  But what do you do in the case of a nation such as Austria-Hungary that ceased to exist after WW1?  Their ships aren't going to go beyond tier 6 or 7.  Make up fictional ships based on a what if scenario that A-H continued to exist post-WW1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
516
[POP]
Members
1,165 posts
15,061 battles
47 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I think that the problem is that WG is stuck on the idea that every line has to go all the way to tier 10.  But what do you do in the case of a nation such as Austria-Hungary that ceased to exist after WW1?  Their ships aren't going to go beyond tier 6 or 7.  Make up fictional ships based on a what if scenario that A-H continued to exist post-WW1?

good point again it might the case of multiple premiums say  2 of each type possible, I believe that they built CA/CL's and DD's however my guess would be that if they were to do a A-H ship it would be a1off and it would have The Viribus Unitis.

This ship is the most well known but at this point I while take anything that fly's a different flag.

WG needs to think outside the box sometimes.

cheers    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
377
[INTEL]
Members
796 posts
8,279 battles
7 hours ago, Crucis said:

 But it's really a yawner to have a tree for a nation/group of nations where the ships were just handed over to them after the nation that first built them and used them, decided that they no longer needed them, and decided to give/sell them to someone else rather than scrap them.

 

 I agree on principal, but every ship in the PA line is a hand me down. It can easily be argued SA is more deserving of a line or at least some representation before PA.

 The Brazillian Dreadnaughts made them the 3rd country in the world to even have the type. The Argentine was auguably the most powerful built at launch. Due to the way the Argentines went about the bidding they received the absolute cutting edge of design. There was a lot of consternation among the great powers that the ships were being purchased by another great power using the SA countries as proxies.

 All that said,  we know the real reason WG did the PA line.... $$. A lot more disposable income and player population in Asia than South America. 

Edited by Ares1967

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×