You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
rafael_azuaje

ARKANSAS BETA FOR even arward /sale

41 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,468 posts
10,162 battles
5 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

But that's the reason people want it (also there are the people who want what they can't have), I would Rich the heck out of it if I had it

True but I am just guessing what WG would do if they did release non-alpha/beta versions.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,590 posts
3,603 battles
38 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

True but I am just guessing what WG would do if they did release non-alpha/beta versions.

They said the same thing about the alpha and beta tanks in WoT and sure enough a year or so ago they released in the shop. The few original players still playing were upset but money talks

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,468 posts
10,162 battles
9 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

They said the same thing about the alpha and beta tanks in WoT and sure enough a year or so ago they released in the shop. The few original players still playing were upset but money talks

True but the Arkansas in particular is a bit overpowered because of the extra mod slots even without any AA. Also look at how old WoT is now compared to WoWS.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
780 posts
4,435 battles

Arkansas Beta would need to be nerfed heavily before she could be sold, and she's not just a reward ship. She was a gift to those who par-took in Closed Beta test like myself.

She and Iwaki Alpha will likely never be available to those who weren't part of the tests, just like for World of Tanks. And honestly, that's for the best.

[RAGE]
Beta Testers
220 posts
7,975 battles

I think it's the best to keep Arkansas Beta, Iwaki Alpha and other OP ships off from selling them.

Low tier is important for WG. It's where new player baking their interest and skill. The more new players like the game and advance, the more WG benefit from revenue. There is strong finance motivation to keep low tier less competitive, or more newbie friendly. 

On the other hand, every new ship involves WG investing resource. It takes resource to model a ship, and it takes resource to test/balance a ship. Note that a T-4 premium Arkansas and T-10 premium Salem would take similar effort to test/balance them, but the sale price would be ten times different. The finance motivation of selling low tier premium ship isn't strong.

There are, however, players want OP ship for competitive reason. Nikolai I was sold 19.99 (or less?) at the time of release. There are people willing to pay over 200+ to get this the most OP ship in the game. Although this can be converted to short-term revenue by making Nikolai available for sale (or coal/steel exchange) again, having too many OP ships (yes, Arkensas Beta included) would be a bad long-term revenue impact because it discourages the new players. 

I considered making a nurfed Arkansas non-Beta, however, I see how this would trigger complains about the unfairness - just think about Alabama and Alabama ST

[UDEAD]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,380 posts
3,866 battles

Beta and Alpha reward ships will not be released as non reward ships. Its been said over and over.

Alpha testers put in a ton of hard, unpaid work. That Iwaki was far from free for us. 

3,645 posts
596 battles

Just play a stock Wyoming. You even get AA. It's a net improvement overall.

3,645 posts
596 battles
On 6/22/2018 at 11:35 AM, Grapefruitcannon said:

well i say give us an arkansas minus the extra upgrade slots.

You already have one. It's called the stock Wyoming. 

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
2,744 battles
On 05/05/2018 at 6:38 PM, _Bunyan_ said:

Its the point of having it that matters 

Not everyone can have everything. I was accepted and did the alpha and beta testing to help bring this game to  a point where it was ready for release.  We were not paid to do this nor did we expect anything. WG however gave us a ship only beta testers and alpha testers can have, and they required us to not just be a part of the program, but meet a threshold of time and involvement in helping the game development. If you were not a part of the process and meet the threshold, you didn't get the ship.

Members
224 posts
5,991 battles

I would say No. The Arkansas Beta should never be offered for sale, special event receipt or otherwise. I and others worked hard in Closed Beta Test to help make the game what is today and had to start from scratch at one time as Wargaming changed their systems over, that was rough to say the least.  The Arkansas Beta was the Closed Beta Testers Award, a Thank You ship and unique.

Their are lower tier premium ships available currently, tier 9 and 10 ships that have all the mod slots and other great ships in general on their way for everyone.

If Wargaming decided to release a new low tier US Navy premium battleship, their are many options such as USS Kansas (BB-21), USS Oklahoma (BB-37), USS Utah (BB-31) or the USS North Dakota (BB-29).... and these ships would be available to everyone.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,590 posts
3,603 battles
6 hours ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

Beta and Alpha reward ships will not be released as non reward ships. Its been said over and over.

Alpha testers put in a ton of hard, unpaid work. That Iwaki was far from free for us. 

They said that in WoT and yet WG put the alpha and beta reward tanks up for sale, I think that was last year or previous year

Members
224 posts
5,991 battles
7 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

They said that in WoT and yet WG put the alpha and beta reward tanks up for sale, I think that was last year or previous year

If true, Likely World of Tanks is low on money and has run out of new tanks to create... So they offered their crown jewel/ special reward tanks for sale. How sad and frustrating to many testers I am sure. I sure hope World of Warships never get's to that place or at least hires new creative designers for new ideas....

Edited by Ben_CA68

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,529 posts
19,374 battles
2 minutes ago, Ben_CA68 said:

If true, Likely World of Tanks is low on money and has run out of new tanks to create... So they offered their crown jewel/ special reward tanks for sale. How sad and frustrating to many testers I am sure. I sure hope World of Warships never get's to that place or at least hires new creative designers for new ideas....

Why would anyone be upset that a "reward" vehicle was put up for sale? By your own words you were "paid" for your "work" with a free boat. Are you people so petty that other people BUYING the same ship with real money bothers you somehow? It is all sounding pretty pathetic. 

I have no interest in either of the ships, just find it annoying that some people like the idea of exclusivity to the detriment of the very game they help test. Who cares who owns what? I own Belfast, Nikolai, Kamikaze, Saipan, and a small herd of other premium ships and couldn't give one damn if they put them all back up for sale. Being an adult, I recognize jealousy, envy, and pettiness and know it to be wrong. 

• Bad 2

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,590 posts
3,603 battles
38 minutes ago, Ben_CA68 said:

Maybe but I highly doubt many of the original players were still around when they did that so the uproar probably want that bad. Give them time they'll release the Panzer IIJ for the right amount of cash

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,608 posts
2,452 battles

I got into the beta by buying a Yubari (the least expensive of the three options) because I was curious about the game.  There was no carrot that they gave us, no "Play x games and get a reward ship."   We did what we did and then, after beta was over, they announced that they were giving any beta player who played 50 or more matches a reward ship.  I had played 52 matches, so I got it.  That was just happenstance.  If they had announced it prior to beta ending I would have made sure to reach whatever number of matches required, barring something I couldn't make time for.  The way they did it means only those who wanted to help with no reward got the reward.