You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
rafael_azuaje

ARKANSAS BETA FOR even arward /sale

41 comments in this topic

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
640 posts
18,517 battles

I want to have the arkansas beta, but it is impossible as they were given during the beta of wows.

• Bad 8

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles

Ehh never say never. Wargaming mentioned that they were working on and idea to sell reward ships for a new in game currency, either steel or coal. Neither of which is currency, they would normally be called resources but hey maybe it was the translation. Anyways they are thinking about it so there is always a possibility. 

Alpha Tester
295 posts
1,389 battles

Well I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I am sure there are some out there that would.

As long as they sell it as Arkansas and not Arkansas Beta I wouldn't care. :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles
14 minutes ago, Silamon said:

Well I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I am sure there are some out there that would.

As long as they sell it as Arkansas and not Arkansas Beta I wouldn't care. :cap_like:

Yeah there would be a poopfest of complaints for sure. Your solution is far more elegant and a good idea. Maybe they could make it a reward ship and if you already have it, you get a special camo for her as well as getting to keep her "beta" designation. A camouflage that offered a Free XP bonus would make people happy and get the ship into the game a bit more. They are pretty rare. 

Edited by Taylor3006

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
597 posts
9,376 battles
1 minute ago, Silamon said:

On the fence about it.  I agree, IF they did something like this, Beta tag for those who didn't get her in CBT shouldn't be there.  But you cannot leave Alpha out of the picture in this case as well.  If it will be applied to Beta, Alpha would need to be in the loop as well.

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

they'll more than likely never sell the Arkansas Beta as it is. they might change things (like removing the extra module slot, maybe adding a few points of AA) and sell it as simply Arkansas like Silamon said. but you're not likely to get the actual Arkansas Beta.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
29 minutes ago, rafael_azuaje said:

I want to have the arkansas beta, but it is impossible as they were given during the beta of wows.

If you knew that why even bother posting? 

• Bad 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,442 posts
11,703 battles

And I want an Iwake Alpha.....

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
2,452 posts
5,604 battles

Arkansas Beta is for beta testers, not for normal. If you want a stock Wyoming, just buy one!

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[-ARP-]
Members
292 posts
13,948 battles
14 minutes ago, Cruiser_StLouis said:

Arkansas Beta is for beta testers, not for normal. If you want a stock Wyoming, just buy one!

Its the point of having it that matters 

• Bad 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,018 posts
8,124 battles

During the last two Corgi events, many of us Corgis asked (begged) to be able to get the Iwaki A or Ark B after playing it as a Corgi Captain.  The answer was always "no" and the word "never" was used often.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,570 posts
8,995 battles
2 hours ago, Silamon said:

I doubt they would sell it with the extra mod slots so it would not be the beast it currently is even with absolutely zero AA beyond the cook throwing yesterday's biscuits at the attacking planes.

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,513 posts
4,387 battles

WG would never be able to sell Iwaki Alpha as is, even if they ever consider the idea. I can say with certainty that it is very overpowered and would break T4 if tons of them were introduced.

Smoke, sonar, 35 knots base top speed, 4 module slots, 10km torpedoes at t4, most accurate guns in the game. Iwaki has tools and it clubs seals hard.

If WG were to consider the idea, I bet the resulting ship would be a nerfed and watered down knockoff which looks like an Iwaki Alpha but isn't the actual alpha tester ship people are hoping for.

Modder
1,091 posts
27 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

The answer was always "no" and the word "never" was used often.

Good. There's no shortage of ships for WG to add as premiums and there's no reason to sell the two ships that were awarded to early testers of the game for completing a specific requirement.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,570 posts
8,995 battles
7 minutes ago, zFireWyvern said:

Good. There's no shortage of ships for WG to add as premiums and there's no reason to sell the two ships that were awarded to early testers of the game for completing a specific requirement.

As an owner of the Iwaki Alpha and the Arkansas Beta I really don't mind if they do make them into premiums but I do demand that the Alpha & Beta tags be removed first.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,034 posts
17,659 battles

Seems like the simple solution here is to just make a premium ship named the Arkansas (without the "Beta").  It might not be able to have all the same benefits as the Beta version.  Honestly, though, I'm not sure that I'd be all that interested.  I'm not a hardcore collector of ships.  I want ships that'd be fun to play at more "normal" tiers, say 5 and above.  I'd probably be more interested in having them do a USS Saratoga (Lexington battlecruiser class from the early 1920's, 4x2 16" guns, 30+ kts speed) tier 7 premium ship, for example.

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles

It would be nice since I want to have every ship.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
3 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

You are correct Sir!

Ark Beta is a good ship, but not a great one, nor an OP one. It definitely is a fun one, but it also has some serious faults. Like most ships.

2 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

And I want an Iwake Alpha.....

And I want to do Marilyn Monroe ... oh well! (Though I will say Iwake Alpha is a lot more competitive than Ark Beta.)

• Cool 1

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,553 posts
3,539 battles

Problem with either ship is they are very overpowered and putting it out there would be like them selling the Konig Albert or the Nicolai again

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
640 posts
18,517 battles

I do not understand what the problem is, if WG puts the arkansas beta on sale or event rewards. many here criticize the ones have the battleship clear this, but many players would like to have it and can not.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,442 posts
11,703 battles
8 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Problem with either ship is they are very overpowered and putting it out there would be like them selling the Konig Albert or the Nicolai again

The Arkansas Beta is just a Wyoming without ANY AA. 

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,553 posts
3,539 battles
7 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

The Arkansas Beta is just a Wyoming without ANY AA. 

And all the upgrade module slots and 4.5km secondary range. The Nicolai has no AA either and is OP enough to be never sold again

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,570 posts
8,995 battles
Just now, Psycodiver said:

And all the upgrade module slots and 4.5km secondary range. The Nicolai has no AA either and is OP enough to be never sold again

I highly doubt an Arkansas-not-beta would have the upgrade slots and even the secondary range is questionable. It would be similar with the Iwaki Alpha which would probably not have the 10K torpedoes it currently has and likely would have a longer detection range.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
20 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

As an owner of the Iwaki Alpha and the Arkansas Beta I really don't mind if they do make them into premiums but I do demand that the Alpha & Beta tags be removed first.

This.  I don't have any issues with someone rocking an Arkansas.  I won't speak to the Iwaki because I don't own one.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,553 posts
3,539 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

I highly doubt an Arkansas-not-beta would have the upgrade slots and even the secondary range is questionable. It would be similar with the Iwaki Alpha which would probably not have the 10K torpedoes it currently has and likely would have a longer detection range.

But that's the reason people want it (also there are the people who want what they can't have), I would Rich the heck out of it if I had it