You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Alexander020304

Friendly Fire on torpedoes

35 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
611 battles

Hello

I recently starting playing the game. I went to a destroyer to try the torpedoes instead of heavy armored battleship. I have played very little as a fast moving destroyer and I am still learning but during the latest  battle. I was called violator by the in game system because a  had run into my torpedoes and took some damage, not sinking him . The in game system punished me by making my already damaged ship with less hp. so little that i was a one shot and i was in the middle of a battle unable to restore or fall back. If the game is to be as close the real ships, then stop making the fleet worse by make someone one shot. punish the one that  managed to be shot but there are some times that the attacker should be punished because there is no way to avoid it. the problem could be easily be fixed by making the player wait 20 minutes to use that ship.

• Bad 3
  • Angry 1

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
13 minutes ago, Alexander020304 said:

Hello

I recently starting playing the game. I went to a destroyer to try the torpedoes instead of heavy armored battleship. I have played very little as a fast moving destroyer and I am still learning but during the latest  battle. I was called violator by the in game system because a  had run into my torpedoes and took some damage, not sinking him . The in game system punished me by making my already damaged ship with less hp. so little that i was a one shot and i was in the middle of a battle unable to restore or fall back. If the game is to be as close the real ships, then stop making the fleet worse by make someone one shot. punish the one that  managed to be shot but there are some times that the attacker should be punished because there is no way to avoid it. the problem could be easily be fixed by making the player wait 20 minutes to use that ship.

Watch where you fire your torps. If you hurt a friendly ship, you will be punished for it. If a friendly ship is in the way, don't fire. Alternatively, you can try to let him know the torps are on the way in chat (and ping the hell out of the map so he sees).

The better you are as a player, the better you will be at positioning yourself in a way that you won't have to deal with friendlies in your way. A destroyer needs to be the closest ship to the enemy (outside of a brawl), if another ship is closer than you then you're probably doing something wrong.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,465 posts
11,810 battles

"...as close to real ships as possible, ..."

A real torpedo hitting a freindly does damage.

Why is this not as real?

Rule #1 With torpedoes, they have no freinds.

Rule #2 With torpedoes, never launch from behind a freindly.

Rule #3 With torpedoes, assume you miss, allways, where will they go?

A torpedo hitti g an allied is 100 % your fault.

If you cause a flood, it will cause tick damage, or damage over time, until it is repaired.

This tick damage is counted as if you shot your freindly with guns and then shot him again, and again, so on and so on....

This will eventually reflect back o. Your ship flooding hit points.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
954 posts
7,537 battles
2 hours ago, Alexander020304 said:

Hello

First off, Welcome to the game

As a player, you need to understand that you are ultimately responsible for where your weapons go. Be it shells, torpedos, even your own ship, you are in charge. You own your weapons.

We understand that things happen. Close in battles, torps miss and hit an unintended target, shells go long etc. You get warnings of such in the chat, as well as in the end of battle results. Use these warnings to understand you are not doing something right in regards to your team.

It is only when these warnings are ignored, and you hit a certain damage amount that the game automatically makes you pink.  If you continue to damage a teammate while pink, the game punishes you by subtracting your health.

That you have now lost health due to team damage tells me you ignored the games previous warnings. The game does not require a fix, you, the player require a fix.

Members
5 posts
18 battles

Doesn't take as long to get into the penalty phase now, seems a volley of torps will turn you pink on the first or second, then damage your boat with any others from the group.

Members
28 posts
1,415 battles

I think it is actually better than it was.  Before you could TK a teammate, now you take the damage instead. 

It happens though, and as careful as I am I got sanctioned yesterday for it.  Made a risky torp shot trying to send them between a teammate and an island a red was going to come out from.  Thought everything was going to be ok with it, except my teammate wasn't paying attention or intentionally suddenly decided to turn right putting him now in the path of my torps.  I took the damage, he didn't.  Not a big deal and 2 games later I was normal again. 

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles

All these posts prove the system is working.

• Cool 2

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,041 posts
3,580 battles

This will happen more and more, the more you believe it to be teammates fault rather than your own.

[TDRB]
Members
1,141 posts
4,280 battles

Oh boy here we go again, this will not end well

Just think what it would be like if they did add subs to the game.

[SYN]
Members
4,550 posts
11,437 battles
7 hours ago, Alexander020304 said:

Hello

Ok.

One thing you need to understand right now is that a player is responsible for his own torpedoes and what they hit.  Period.  End of story.

There is absolutely no talking around it.

There are other people on your team, too, and they're all busy playing the same game as you are.  They're all fighting red ships and trying to survive themselves, just as you.  They shouldn't have to suddenly drop what they're doing and go evasive just to avoid your carelessly fired torpedoes.

Get the idea of someone being at fault for "sailing into" your torpedoes out of your head.  Your torps hit a teammate, it's your fault, not his.  That is why you get penalized.

Learn when and when not to fire torpedoes.  If you think they might hit a friendly, hold your fire, and wait until you have a clear line of fire.  Obviously, you don't fire torpedoes when there are teammates ahead of you in your field of fire.

Edited by Kuckoo

[NMKJT]
Members
2,738 posts

Hello

You need to turn your thought process around. Think of gun safety, Rule #4: Be sure of your target and what's behind it. You are responsible for what your shells or torpedoes hit. The game will punish you and no one else. But the good news is that you can avoid any pinkness by not taking a sketchy shot. 

It's all under your control. 

I was in my Akizuki the other day in smoke machine gunning away and a Grosser Kurfurst slipped into my smoke between me and my target, and I unleashed a complete salvo into his main armor which, being the Akizuki did no damage. So I had no penalty. 

Should that other player have used better judgement? Yes. If I took a penalty would it be his fault? No. I was zoned in on my target. The GF is big and slow and I should have seen him coming. I was not paying attention. That's on me. 

Your need to be hyper aware as a DD to be successful. 

[XBRTC]
Members
1,424 posts
7,482 battles

Hello

Dude.

Which is worse for the fleet:

(a) Losing a player who's paying attention to the enemy; or

(b) Losing a destroyer who pays no attention to where his teammates are and, even worse, is not actually even in the front line where he should be?

When you say "making the fleet worse," you need to turn that around. You were the problem, not the teammate that you killed.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,229 posts
14,647 battles
10 hours ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Dude.

Which is worse for the fleet:

(a) Losing a player who's paying attention to the enemy; or

(b) Losing a destroyer who pays no attention to where his teammates are and, even worse, is not actually even in the front line where he should be?

When you say "making the fleet worse," you need to turn that around. You were the problem, not the teammate that you killed.

About two months ago, I had some scrub try to tell me I was playing bad being a coward... Apparently I was not doing my job scouting for the team with my RN CL, spotting for that scrub... Who was sailing a DD, Aigle.  A godd*mn DD was giving me **** for not scouting for him with my RN CL :Smile_teethhappy:  Since he initiated this dialogue with me I followed up quite a bit.  One of the early tidbits was like:

Me: "Since you were way behind the Gneisenau and my RN CL, I'm positive you couldn't get any torpedo hits despite you dropping torps behind us.  Exactly how many gun hits did you get on the red ships?"

This **** boasts, "24" like that's a lot :Smile_teethhappy:

I simply had to look this fool up in Warships Today.  I already knew from our dialogue and watching him play, that this dude was a ****.  But I just *HAD* to look him up to confirm with my own eyes and see how bad he was.  Yes.  A **** Potato, indeed.  So much red, much LOL.

Content Moderated by HeadlockMvnky

[BSL]
Members
744 posts
14,570 battles

Just a reminder, the greater the range on the torp, the more careful you must be.  20 km on Asashio makes angles a bit of a problem.

Members
7 posts
611 battles

there was a destroyer in fount later. he turn around into my two torpedoes. when i fired them it  was amit at the enemy not him. he made 360 turn in the path of them. so it definitely  his fault that he ran straight into both of them. And before I even played. I watched 2 videos how to use them well. So don't say I am the noob. He the one that went straight into them not me.

Members
7 posts
611 battles
16 hours ago, Ulthwey said:

Watch where you fire your torps. If you hurt a friendly ship, you will be punished for it. If a friendly ship is in the way, don't fire. Alternatively, you can try to let him know the torps are on the way in chat (and ping the hell out of the map so he sees).

The better you are as a player, the better you will be at positioning yourself in a way that you won't have to deal with friendlies in your way. A destroyer needs to be the closest ship to the enemy (outside of a brawl), if another ship is closer than you then you're probably doing something wrong.

8 hours ago, Wombatmetal said:

You need to turn your thought process around. Think of gun safety, Rule #4: Be sure of your target and what's behind it. You are responsible for what your shells or torpedoes hit. The game will punish you and no one else. But the good news is that you can avoid any pinkness by not taking a sketchy shot. 

It's all under your control. 

I was in my Akizuki the other day in smoke machine gunning away and a Grosser Kurfurst slipped into my smoke between me and my target, and I unleashed a complete salvo into his main armor which, being the Akizuki did no damage. So I had no penalty. 

Should that other player have used better judgement? Yes. If I took a penalty would it be his fault? No. I was zoned in on my target. The GF is big and slow and I should have seen him coming. I was not paying attention. That's on me. 

Your need to be hyper aware as a DD to be successful. 

I did all of those thing! I can not predict  a friendly turning tail and runing like there is five battleships there. which there was not!!!

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles

always assume a friendly will hit your torpedoes if they can.  Don't fire torpedoes that there is a chance they might be able to hit.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,577 battles
17 hours ago, Alexander020304 said:

Hello

Look your not supposed to shoot friendlies... without TK damage we would have pandamonium.. just be aware you shoot em you own em , just like in the real world   

[NMKJT]
Members
2,738 posts
2 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Look your not supposed to shoot friendlies... without TK damage we would have pandamonium.. just be aware you shoot em you own em , just like in the real world   

We would be fine. There is no TK damage in operations and it's not a problem. 

24 minutes ago, Alexander020304 said:

really now that stupid. there is always a chance for you to hit someone. with dd

There's really not always a chance if you plan the shot right. 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,577 battles
1 minute ago, Wombatmetal said:

We would be fine. There is no TK damage in operations and it's not a problem. 

There's really not always a chance if you plan the shot right. 

Operations with limited objectives is one thing, Random battles would turn into a gong show, the present TK rules are the result of weeding out real serial team killers and there fewer than there used to be ...and not the occasional oops moment we all do by mistake