You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aurora_7

Have I reached a point if I want to further with new ships that I MUST pay for something?

15 comments in this topic

[AK-49]
[AK-49]
Members
149 posts
2,164 battles

Not sure what this means. I thought when I reached the proper XP and have the coin count I could get the ship attached here but it seems to be asking for doubloons in addition to the XP. Is this the wall you hit if you've been playing free? If I want to continue I need to at least buy doubloons and pay something for new ship tiers?

prem.jpg

• Boring 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles

You only have a limited number of slots in your port for ships. You need to sell off some of your old ones, or else buy more slots to acquire the new ship.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,727 posts
9,120 battles

You don't have a port slot. You have to either a slot or sell a ship.

Members
3,492 posts
6,195 battles

I want to say to defaults to a slot automatically - just choose no slot and see if it is an option.  If no option then you need to sell a ship or buy a slot.

• Cool 1

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles

Once you crack your wallet......it never ends.....Quit or embrace the dark side. You must chose now young Padawan.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
1,338 battles

i.e. if you're complete F2P player, WG's going to limit you to X number of slots, and that's it.  So you'll have to sell something off, or buy a slot.  

WG will only give so much for free, but, you can grind all the way to tier X for free.  You just can't keep all the other ships on the way for nothing.

[AK-49]
[AK-49]
Members
149 posts
2,164 battles

Ah, thanks all.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Sorry you found the hard wall in the FTP. Like all others have stated sell something or buy a port slot. 

The game is addicting and owning all the great ships for the game  require  some advanced thinking on whether  you want to remain FTP or indulge in the Game by opening the wallet.

Sometimes you can win a Port slot in the containers or missions. Check your campaigns I am sure there is a mission that pays a Port slot.

Also watch for sales on port slots I have seen them as low as 75 Doubloon each.

You can win Doubloon in Containers, in missions and in Clan Battles or Ranked as well.

Paying for advancement is all your Cash does. There are ZERO Pay to win options.

Good luck in which ever way you choose to progress.

[STW-D]
Supertester
1,650 posts
5,244 battles

The good news is that free port slots aren't a rarity.  They're not falling from the sky, but they do happen often enough.  If you want to keep every ship you've every played however, well, free slots aren't *that* common.  Most people just sell some ships they no longer play to make room for new ones.

Tip:  If you play for a while, you'll start to accumulate premium ships.  They give them away all the time.  I recommend not selling these.  They're super useful for training captains, earning credits, and just having some fun.  Any old tech tree ships however, if you no longer play them, set them free to make room for new toys :)

Happy sailing!

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
1,338 battles
33 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Sometimes they sell the port slots at a discount and you can win them in containers.

Also, if you get a free ship from playing the game, it'll come with a slot.  You can sell the ship, and keep the slot if you want.

Members
1,860 posts
17,687 battles
2 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Also, if you get a free ship from playing the game, it'll come with a slot.  You can sell the ship, and keep the slot if you want.

Warning: If you buy Santa crates or (the trillion to 1 option) you happen to win a ship in a super container odds are it will inevitably be the 1 you just sold. I can't count the # of times around Christmas people have come on forums complaining about getting a ship they had just sold in a Santa crate (haven't heard of many even getting 1 in a regular super container so haven't heard any complaints about them yet but the possibility is there).

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
1,338 battles
2 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Warning: If you buy Santa crates or (the trillion to 1 option) you happen to win a ship in a super container odds are it will inevitably be the 1 you just sold. I can't count the # of times around Christmas people have come on forums complaining about getting a ship they had just sold in a Santa crate (haven't heard of many even getting 1 in a regular super container so haven't heard any complaints about them yet but the possibility is there).

I do know this.  But we're talking about F2P players.  I'm a collector and I learned all about Santa Crates last time.  22 ships, and a few flags and camos...

Members
1,860 posts
17,687 battles
10 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

I do know this.  But we're talking about F2P players.  I'm a collector and I learned all about Santa Crates last time.  22 ships, and a few flags and camos...

The F2P players are why I added the (albeit a trillion to 1 shot) super container option...even F2P players may have the RNGesus gods smile upon them.