Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JakePostonJake1

Historical nostalgia paint jobs for US. Battleships etc.

7 comments in this topic

[LRM2]
Members
14 posts
2,542 battles

Hello again to the WoWS Community NA!!! Like most of my post I again have a new idea for US battleships and more,but for this post I will try and mainly focus on US Battleships.Now If you do study history you have notice US. Battleship have had a long history of transformation through out the years in the US. Navy,using an example here lets focus on the USS. Texas from 1912-1948,in 1912 USS Texas din't like at all like its 1948 version.It had cage mast and a simple superstructure and less armor haul design.I propose for nostalgia reason why not bring Historical Camo paint jobs to World of Warships instead of using up grades in the ship's menu or using mods.I think Wargaming should add historical Camos to most Warships as they possible can too give players more choices to their ships in-game so they do not have to us mods or cheats.If some of you remember the New Mexico and Colorado had a cage mast look at the begin upgrades.So why not bring that nostalgia look back but this time as a paint job,so Wargaming the menu it already has but just add more historical looks too their ships and such.As for Wargamings favor it would maybe helps sales also gives player extra features to a ship's look.Since you have hear my idea I would love to hear yours in the comments below,Please debate and ask if this is a good or bad idea?

Texas 1912 to 1948.png

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,024 posts
17,629 battles

What you're describing aren't camo paint jobs.  They are different models for the same ship.  Camo paint is really nothing more than the game telling the ship's model to display a different color scheme, to apply a specific color pattern to the model's surfaces.  What you're describing changes the models themselves, which is entirely different.

[LRM2]
Members
14 posts
2,542 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

What you're describing aren't camo paint jobs.  They are different models for the same ship.  Camo paint is really nothing more than the game telling the ship's model to display a different color scheme, to apply a specific color pattern to the model's surfaces.  What you're describing changes the models themselves, which is entirely different.

The idea of was thinking in the lines of was just like the Space model camos for ships and the Halloween models and such expect my idea being one more of those models for ships in Game with their time periods.I should have rephrased what I said but I do you see what I am trying to point too now.

Edited by JakePostonJake1

[SALVO]
Members
17,024 posts
17,629 battles
2 hours ago, JakePostonJake1 said:

The idea of was thinking in the lines of was just like the Space model camos for ships and the Halloween models and such expect my idea being one more of those models for ships in Game with their time periods.I should have rephrased what I said but I do you see what I am trying to point too now.

Well, even those are changes to the models, rather than simple paint jobs.  Notice how much they charged for the Space "camos", though a nostalgia "camo" would be less if it was for a lower tier USN BB, plus if those ships are/were already in game, they really probably wouldn't need to recreate them as they might already exist.

Still, WG hasn't shown a lot of interest in going after the historical customer.  They seem more interested in going after the younger players with stuff like steam punk stuff, anime stuff, and the space stuff, none of which really interest me for this game.  The only anime stuff that doesn't really bother me is the HSF ones and that's because they a) they offered the ships with more historical camos as an option and b) the HSF look itself isn't really that bad.  The HSF look is damned tame really.  I use that free HSF Yamato camo that you could win on my Yamato, rather than pay 5k gold for a perma camo.  It's about 80% as good and cost me only the time to earn it in a mission a couple months back.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
11,992 battles
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, Crucis said:

Well, even those are changes to the models, rather than simple paint jobs.  Notice how much they charged for the Space "camos", though a nostalgia "camo" would be less if it was for a lower tier USN BB, plus if those ships are/were already in game, they really probably wouldn't need to recreate them as they might already exist.

Still, WG hasn't shown a lot of interest in going after the historical customer.  They seem more interested in going after the younger players with stuff like steam punk stuff, anime stuff, and the space stuff, none of which really interest me for this game.  The only anime stuff that doesn't really bother me is the HSF ones and that's because they a) they offered the ships with more historical camos as an option and b) the HSF look itself isn't really that bad.  The HSF look is damned tame really.  I use that free HSF Yamato camo that you could win on my Yamato, rather than pay 5k gold for a perma camo.  It's about 80% as good and cost me only the time to earn it in a mission a couple months back.

sadly all true...and I also use the Yamato camo (the white, gold and blue one) but I do wish WG adhered a "little" more to history instead of anime.  But everyone's got to eat, so their marketing guys must think the anime-type stuff sells.  

[LRM2]
Members
14 posts
2,542 battles

I should have rephrased alot of what I said in this post but oh well.You have your good and bad days I guess.

Members
22 posts
1,746 battles

I wish their was more choice for the paint-jobs like on World of Tanks (at least there was,  it's all different now, I stopped playing WoT totally because the community is horrible, but 1-2 years back, you used to be able to pick different camos for your tanks, a much-needed variety, plus a bunch of customization, flags and symbols and slogans and saying etc.  Would be nice to Pimp My Ship etc.

Wouldn't mind some coloration camo choices or perhaps pimpin a STUGOTS ship like Tony Soprano lol.

Sign in to follow this