You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LFSternn

WG Please stop doing this in missions! I'm Begging!

19 comments in this topic

[SWOLF]
Members
21 posts
14,718 battles

When they have a mission where you have to sink "x" number of ships of one country sure enough NO ONE plays that nation.

There needs to be a counter mission that encourages people to play ships of that nation. This question of balance is very basic how is it that time after time WG can't get this right?

Right now you need to sink German and Japanese ships in a Russian ship. No one is playing the most popular lines all you see are Russian ships.

I just played 12 rounds and the ships of the nations needed were in less then half and then all but 2 rounds of those there was only one ship of the goal nation and every one sniping for it.

This encourages the worst game play and is in no way fun.

I doubt WG cares but it really feels like they are doing this to piss people off deliberately. I had planed on playing most of the day since it's Saturday but I'm done after about one hour and despite getting good scores and having good games overall I feel totally frustrated and disgusted with the game. After that hour I only got 1 of the 6 ships I needed.

WG please think about this:

Ranting to a faceless forum in a post that will more then likely get ignored feels more rewarding then playing one more round with this unbalanced mission system.

In the time it took me to write this I could have been in 3 or 4 rounds and still not scored another kill from the Axis and if no one reads this I think my time was better spent here then playing.

• Cool 6

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
2 minutes ago, LFSternn said:

There needs to be a counter mission that encourages people to play ships of that nation

You are 100% correct

• Cool 1

[MIA-A]
Members
2,115 posts
6,769 battles

Play scenarios.

Took two scenarios (one public Raptor Rescue and the other a divisioned game of 5 of us in Killer Whale).

• Cool 2

[PNG]
[PNG]
Beta Testers
225 posts
8,204 battles

They can use Newton's Third Law as inspiration:

For every mission where X nation ship is required to sink Y nation ship, there should also be a mission where Y nation ship is required to sink X nation ship

Problem solved!

[INTEL]
Members
6,662 posts
25,753 battles

IJN: go to Ops. Plenty of them in the current Scenario.

KM: Div with someone bringing a KM ship.

I did both and finished with no issues .

Edited by alexf24
  • Bad 2

[SALVO]
Members
17,071 posts
17,737 battles
1 hour ago, LFSternn said:

There needs to be a counter mission that encourages people to play ships of that nation. This question of balance is very basic how is it that time after time WG can't get this right?

Like Criminal said, this is 10000% correct.  if everyone's out there hunting German ships with Soviet ships, who's going to be playing the German ships?  (Or Japanese ships...) 

That said, there does happen to be a way to get this done, if you have the ability to do so.

To get the IJN kills, play the current Raptor Rescue operation, where the enemy bots are Japanese.  And to get the German kills, get a group of at least 4 players (preferably 7) and play the Killer Whale operation, where the enemy bots are German.

[RLGN]
Members
8,265 posts
17,288 battles
14 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Like Criminal said, this is 10000% correct.  if everyone's out there hunting German ships with Soviet ships, who's going to be playing the German ships?  (Or Japanese ships...) 

That said, there does happen to be a way to get this done, if you have the ability to do so.

To get the IJN kills, play the current Raptor Rescue operation, where the enemy bots are Japanese.  And to get the German kills, get a group of at least 4 players (preferably 7) and play the Killer Whale operation, where the enemy bots are German.

Valid points; and valid options I was thinking I'd have to use;

Or just get lucky with MM...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
1 hour ago, enderland07 said:

Play scenarios.

Took two scenarios (one public Raptor Rescue and the other a divisioned game of 5 of us in Killer Whale).

This, Four of us went into Killer Whale a few times last night to farm German kills and we won a few times even though we were extremely short handed. Went into Raptor Rescue solo today and while the first was a bust the second was an awesome four kill five star win.

360 posts
194 battles

I usually switch over to target nation ships when I get whatever stage that requires "Sink X" done. It must be all that time as a Corgi Commander that makes me used to being shot at by everyone lol.

[RKLES]
Members
7,213 posts
9,006 battles

Lol I am still playing German ships, Russian ships are of no interest to me to have in port. So the mission does not matter to me either. I do however enjoy sinking  the Russian ships that attempt to kill me. I have had experience being a Corgi Captain and know how to deal with weekend players in a feeding frenzy over me. 

[PVE]
Members
5,622 posts
18,220 battles
1 hour ago, enderland07 said:

Play scenarios.

Yeah division up for the scenarios is the way to go. I got my IJN kills in Raptor. We lost, I think everyone was there for kills but it was done. The German ships were tough, it took hours of play in co-op, a dozen rage quits, multiple pinks for exiting the matches, etc before I was done. I wasn't smart enough to get a division going to play one of the other scenarios (I forgot that was even a thing, don't care for them).

PvE play turned toxic as everyone was trying to kill a German ship when it appeared. I can only imagine what was going on in PvP..  The big problem IMHO was killing a certain nations ships with just one nation's ship. What angers me is that VE Day was an allied thing. The mission should have been "kill x number of Axis ships with an Allied Power ship" and allowed tier 5's into the mix. The very idea that the mighty WWII Russian navy was the only participant is just silly if not outrageous. 

On the upside if Wargaming wants any money from me in the future, they will be required to jump thru the same hoops I had to in order to finish ONE leg of the mission. Good luck with that WG... 

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
853 posts
4,827 battles

While I agree with the OP I bought the Leningrad a while back. I took it into coop and played it as a torpedo boat. When I saw the target nation I steamed full speed at it till I was spotted then I smoked sat in my smoke shooting at my target till it got close enough to torp. The AI sailing straight for the nearest DD makes it like shooting fish in a barrel. Took me about 10 games at roughly 5 minutes a piece to get that part done. So if you have any tier 6 and up Russian DDs take them in coop.

Members
711 posts

took me 15 to 20 try's in coop to get the last German ship, however I did have lots of good games in Leningrad, which was the first time I had used it since I got it in a container at xmas.,

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
853 posts
4,827 battles
30 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah division up for the scenarios is the way to go. I got my IJN kills in Raptor. We lost, I think everyone was there for kills but it was done. The German ships were tough, it took hours of play in co-op, a dozen rage quits, multiple pinks for exiting the matches, etc before I was done. I wasn't smart enough to get a division going to play one of the other scenarios (I forgot that was even a thing, don't care for them).

PvE play turned toxic as everyone was trying to kill a German ship when it appeared. I can only imagine what was going on in PvP..  The big problem IMHO was killing a certain nations ships with just one nation's ship. What angers me is that VE Day was an allied thing. The mission should have been "kill x number of Axis ships with an Allied Power ship" and allowed tier 5's into the mix. The very idea that the mighty WWII Russian navy was the only participant is just silly if not outrageous. 

On the upside if Wargaming wants any money from me in the future, they will be required to jump thru the same hoops I had to in order to finish ONE leg of the mission. Good luck with that WG... 

Wow normally everyone there is friendly and will even division up and play the desired nation to help if asked nicely. I didn't ask but during my Texas mission when I mentioned I had been frustrated for about 2 hours trying just to get one last plane kill a few even turned off their AA for me. I love playing randoms but I like the players in coop even more. :cap_like:

[PVE]
Members
5,622 posts
18,220 battles
8 minutes ago, Mainerd said:

While I agree with the OP I bought the Leningrad a while back. I took it into coop and played it as a torpedo boat. When I saw the target nation I steamed full speed at it till I was spotted then I smoked sat in my smoke shooting at my target till it got close enough to torp. The AI sailing straight for the nearest DD makes it like shooting fish in a barrel. Took me about 10 games at roughly 5 minutes a piece to get that part done. So if you have any tier 6 and up Russian DDs take them in coop.

This was my idea at first, it really isn't much different than the way I normally play DDs in co-op. The problem was just the huge amount of cruisers, mostly Russian and they were after the single German BB or DD as well. They ignored the everything else and lets face it, Russian DDs are decent but they have a hard time killing everything on their own. I think the way to go is to use the Scenarios which will require making a division to do the ones that are not the weekly mission. Raptor will get you the IJN kills, and Newport (I think) is the one you want for German. There maybe some IJN ships in that as well, been a while since I played it. 

[MIA-A]
Members
2,115 posts
6,769 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

This, Four of us went into Killer Whale a few times last night to farm German kills and we won a few times even though we were extremely short handed. Went into Raptor Rescue solo today and while the first was a bust the second was an awesome four kill five star win.

You don't even have to win the ops, either.  I think we lost most of them but still knocked a bunch of us through those missions. Also good for ribbon farming.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
1 minute ago, enderland07 said:

You don't even have to win the ops, either.  I think we lost most of them but still knocked a bunch of us through those missions. Also good for ribbon farming.

They're also good for experience farming assuming you win.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,115 posts
6,769 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

They're also good for experience farming assuming you win.

Turns out if you take a bunch of fragile Russian ships including dds they are hard to win though :D

[PVE]
Members
5,622 posts
18,220 battles
15 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Turns out if you take a bunch of fragile Russian ships including dds they are hard to win though :D

Win? Who was trying to win? Every match we played the Russian players only wanted a German kill.... I don't think any of the players in Russian ships cared about winning. I know I didn't care. Course this was co-op where it is hard to lose even when trying...