Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CFagan1987

Can we have an end to "kill ___" missions?

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
285 posts
6,837 battles

All they do is cause bad gameplay and make players go into a rage when *their* kills are stolen. It also causes players to play the mission instead of focusing on the big picture.

Instead of requiring players to kill 3 German ships and 3 Japanese ships why not change it to something like "Do 500,000 damage to German ships" and "500,000 damage to Japanese ships". This way it's still a challenge while allowing players a (greater) chance to obtain this unique captain. There's very few German and Japanese ships out there this weekend aside from those in Raptor Rescue.

• Cool 5

Members
9,958 posts

They need to end all missions that require you to throw away the goal of winning in order to complete the mission.....

Yet they keep doing it...:Smile_amazed:

• Cool 4

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles
1 minute ago, CFagan1987 said:

"Do 500,000 damage to German ships" and "500,000 damage to Japanese ships

Still promotes what your post is inferring to, as people simply shoot those ships instead of the ones needed firing upon, it can also make people in those nations play more passively, while I do not disagree with your post, people should understand Russia was a part of the allies and the IJN and KM were the axis, and with all the commemorative stuff going on atm, it's about time Russian ships got a mission to do, not saying they have never had a mission but haven't seen one for ages.

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts

Just do coop or ops and div up with people to run the nations you need and rotate or wait a bit for the MM to calm down. Plenty of options. It's not like you don't have until the 14th to do it. :cap_like:

Beta Testers
285 posts
6,837 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

Just do coop or ops and div up with people to run the nations you need and rotate or wait a bit for the MM to calm down. Plenty of options. It's not like you don't have until the 14th to do it. :cap_like:

Yes, but I also need to leave at least 3 or 4 days to get 25,000 XP as well. Ideally I'd like to get these kills done by Tuesday or Wednesday. I only have the time to play about 6 or 7 games a day.

[EQRN]
Members
340 posts
8,895 battles

There’s an important difference between challenging gameplay and frustrating gameplay.  Skill (and luck) play a role in challenging gameplay.  When you take skill out, it becomes frustrating gameplay.  I mean, if I could single handedly defeat Notser and Flamu playing Belfast’s while I was in an Emerald, it would be of no consequence in sinking 3 Germans if MM doesn’t go my way - that is just pure frustration.  Playing Ops or div’ing is a poor band aid on lousy mission design.  Challenging vs Frustrating, learn the difference WG.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

Now we just need to get the other 12,000 players onboard with this.

[-PVE-]
Members
114 posts
9,266 battles

I agree with OP, very frustrating to log into so many games and not have a target you need. I play games for fun, not frustration. I finished it but am very tired of the game right now.

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,239 battles

1 hour ago, FrodoFraggin said:

There’s an important difference between challenging gameplay and frustrating gameplay.  Skill (and luck) play a role in challenging gameplay.  When you take skill out, it becomes frustrating gameplay.  I mean, if I could single handedly defeat Notser and Flamu playing Belfast’s while I was in an Emerald, it would be of no consequence in sinking 3 Germans if MM doesn’t go my way - that is just pure frustration.  Playing Ops or div’ing is a poor band aid on lousy mission design.  Challenging vs Frustrating, learn the difference WG.

Err... Not either of those two?

Spoiler

JcP8or.jpg
G06LOA.jpgJ9C3lm.jpg

While conceading that it was in Co-op, and the issue with nobody bringing the 'right' ships to a particular game;  it still just took me three games to do this, and all three were point-blank (less than 5k,) torpedo ambushes. 

The HSF Graf Spee was in the first game, the Prinz and Tirp in the third; and I had to sail across almost half a map to bag the Tirp.

I wasn't in a division, and all three were in Gnevny; a destroyer not exactly known for conealment; which means I whacked two 50% or more health Tier 8s in one game with a Tier 6.

Map awareness and terrain use. Difficult to get this mission yes; but not impossible.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
2 hours ago, awiggin said:

They need to end all missions that require you to throw away the goal of winning in order to complete the mission.....

Yet they keep doing it...:Smile_amazed:

Face it; the idea of needing one nations ship to damage and kill another nations ship in a mission was, at best, ill conceived and poorly thought out; at worst it was really, really dumb. Now everyone is playing the ships of the nations which have to get the kills and no one is playing the ships of the nations you need to kill. Who in their right mind wants to play a ship everyone else in the game needs to kill to get whatever electronic prize they're handing out this week? And, yes ... @awiggin is correct when he says that they do this on a regular basis; and this in light of the old saying that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting to get different results. Maybe they want a frustrated player base.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this