You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
demeflac

HOW IS KHABA DOING IN RANKED, IS IT WORTH?

11 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
128 posts
3,263 battles

Hello guys, 

i think i played 6 games on rank 10, and gave up, i have only the Grozovoi, that ship turns like a BB, and the damage it does is awfull. I gave up. On these few games i saw some Khabas, and they seem to be doing fine. I normally do well on my gunboats like KIEV, have the Tashkent now, it is a good ship. Have played the Khaba on PTS and i liked it a lot.  I have enough free XP to pick a Khaba, so I would like to know, is it worth? Anyone has been playing them?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,465 posts
11,780 battles

I don't know about ranked, but in Clan Wars she either lasted whole match harnessing a d capping, or got deleted early.

With her short ranged torpedoes and short range guns, she is very ficke to play and needs skill.

You need double rudder modules, so her concealment sucks. Gun range is around 13.7.

I only have a 15 point captain in her and find her harder to play than Trashcan.

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles

Worthless in ranked for me. BB AP is just too accurate and does way too much damage to play the khab the way you would in random battles.

• Cool 1

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,039 posts
11,230 battles

I NEED CAPSLOCK TO SOMEONE AWNSER ME.

Also, is "k" ship, its not a dd and its not a cruiser, is strong to hunt dds but weak vs ap from bbs.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,424 posts
7,453 battles

It's taken me 18 games to get from R10 / 0 stars to R6 / 0 stars. 4 in Gearing (3 wins) and the remaining 14 (13 wins) in Khab.

If you're doing Khab stuff right and have a good team with you, it's possible to have an impact on the game that far outweighs the actual damage numbers you turn in.

image.thumb.png.c21d25acf0d4a9312d6dd0d2f2b95b8f.png

Edited by LT_Rusty_SWO

Members
309 posts

If your team doesn't have any other DDs, you're screwed. Khab doesn't have the cap control of other ships.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,424 posts
7,453 battles
15 minutes ago, intixw said:

If your team doesn't have any other DDs, you're screwed. Khab doesn't have the cap control of other ships.

This is a true statement.

If it's a cap in close quarters, lots of islands, I try really really really hard to avoid getting in there because I can't turn well enough to fight in islands even with both rudder mods.

On the other hand, if the cap is in open water? Especially if I can bully everyone else away from it first, or if it's a big enough cap circle that I can stay in it while still dancing around gunfire? I'll make an attempt at it, at least.

The other fun thing: with a speed flag and the modified speed boost, you can get up to about 49 knots. This lets you take advantage of caps that the enemy has already moved away from. You can flank wide and be in the backfield in a flash--especially in ranked, where there's fewer ships and therefore no way to cover all the territory--and get caps that they believed were secure. So, that's kind of an advantage there, too.

It's good at cap defense... but only from a distance. You can stall the enemy taking a cap for a very long time with that rate of fire, and give your teammates a chance to get there and reinforce, or force the enemy into committing more forces than they want in order to drive you away, which can let your teammates get to the third cap far more readily.

You have to be able to read a situation quickly and accurately if you're going to be able to cap in a Khab. I don't always get it right.

[WOLF7]
Members
128 posts
3,263 battles
36 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

Looking from the stats, it is doing better in WR than Shima, Zao and Conqueror, and very close to GK, Moskva. Also doing much more damage than Gearing. I think I´ll give it a try. As expected, Grozovoi is the least played ship other than CV, with the worst WR.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,424 posts
7,453 battles
2 minutes ago, demeflac said:

Looking from the stats, it is doing better in WR than Shima, Zao and Conqueror, and very close to GK, Moskva. Also doing much more damage than Gearing. I think I´ll give it a try. As expected, Grozovoi is the least played ship other than CV, with the worst WR.

Shim and Khab are both really optimized for one thing and one thing only. Gearing tries to be a middle ground, and does it very well. Grozovoi tried to do that as well... and ... didn't manage it.

[AR]
[AR]
Members
316 posts
11,862 battles

Because Khab is the one ship that took the hammer of nerf harder then any other ship in the game, it require a 19 point captain and a skilled player to make it useful. This ship was nerfed so hard that it requires both rudder shift mods just to get to 5.3s. Cam brings its conceal down to 9.7. Which means it is out spotted by Zao by a slim margins and out spotted by Minotaur by around a full 1km. This is especially bad for Khab because really, the Minotaur is a total Khab counter. Worcester will be even worse. Khab is really a ship that will be a strong situational ship depending on map and what ship composition the enemy has in ranked.

I have only used it once in ranked and won, but won't probably use it again. I've decided to transfer my Khab playing style to Henri.

Edited by Aiser50
  • Cool 1