You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

Asashio is so OP it's not funny

170 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
2,034 posts

I know WG needs to make money, and need punch bags for the $$$, but this is ridiculous, there's nothing a BB can do, soon you will lose more players and that's less $$$ not more

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 8

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
559 posts

I hunted down and ate 2 of them in my GK an hour ago.

Their screams were delicious.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2

[SUCIT]
Members
827 posts
3,650 battles
2 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

I know WG needs to make money, and need punch bags for the $$$, but this is ridiculous, there's nothing a BB can do, soon you will lose more players and that's less $$$ not more

I can't tell if this is a joke thread or not.

I'm primarily a BB player, and am yet to be killed by a Asashio.  It's so specialized and niche it can't accomplish anything other than punishing people who would die to normal torpedoes.  It brings nothing new to the game, and is quite frankly less of a problem than pre-nerf Shima was last year.  

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
1,837 posts
10,762 battles

A whole line of DWT DDs didn't put any perceivable dent on BB population. I doubt one single premium ship will.

As for OP. Try keep up with your little friends and keep them alive. It works wonders.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

The problem Asashio has right now, is that it received so much hype and advertisement of being this monstrous BB killer, people were hoping to buy a god ship, without having the skill to even use it

• Cool 3

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,657 battles

Same, as a player who plays all the ships, but is a BB main, I can't think of a more useless joke ship than Asashio.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,034 posts

those self claimed BB mains are driving Asashio just my guess, lol

• Bad 1

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,039 posts
11,241 battles

If kill bbs are a good ship. The game have too much bbs now.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
12 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

Same, as a player who plays all the ships, but is a BB main, I can't think of a more useless joke ship than Asashio.

But at least it was a real ship, and not a paper ship like so many play, people buy ships for reasons other than what they're capable of, now you might not understand that, but people who collect ships will.

[HINON]
Members
9,047 posts

It's only a pain if there are 3 of them on the enemy team. Otherwise as a BB I keep friendlies nearby, use cover appropriately and use WASD hacks.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,328 posts
6,609 battles

The obligatory "The sky is falling!!eleven!!1111!!!!" thread.

I got a question for you guys. It was often stated that the BB presence would drop after Asashio‘s release, and that the Asashio‘s would have no targets to fire at. Why did I never notice a drop in BB population? Could it be that you guys overreacted?

[LHG]
Members
1,195 posts
4,986 battles

I'm actually enjoying her a lot more than I thought, though the ship can and will brick based on team comps or just enemy positions (aka being stuck on the flank with zero BBs pushing).

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
2 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Could it be that you guys overreacted?

The amount of Asashio threads when it was released/ pre released, the sky not only fell, it flooded their BB as well.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,465 posts
11,789 battles

She is such a very situational ship.

I had 3 battleships I was laying torps on.

All 5 salvos netted 3 hits.

A cruiser and a Keive decided to run a screen for their battleships.

I eventually was hunted down by the keive and killed.

She cannot outrun any ship. 

A good team will hunt her down.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

If I'm using a Russian DD and there is an Asashio on the red team I will run wide as most of the time they're trying to flank, I had one last night ask me how I found him, my reply was its to obvious of what an Asashio player is trying to do.

[WPP]
Members
519 posts
5,492 battles
4 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

If I'm using a Russian DD and there is an Asashio on the red team I will run wide as most of the time they're trying to flank, I had one last night ask me how I found him, my reply was its to obvious of what an Asashio player is trying to do.

Did he try to top you too??  That's been happening way more than it should.  Maybe I'm just old fashioned but if I spend $50 on what is essentially a slightly modified digital game piece I am going to do my research.

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
44 minutes ago, chewonit said:

A whole line of DWT DDs didn't put any perceivable dent on BB population. I doubt one single premium ship will.

As for OP. Try keep up with your little friends and keep them alive. It works wonders.

well the pan-asians don't have 20km torp range nor do the do over 20k damage when they hit you. but nevertheless the Asashio is not OP in the slightest. If I see one on the enemy team I just never sail in a strait line for any considerable amount of time.

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
1,424 posts
7,475 battles
42 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

Odd, mine took me from rank 17 to rank 10 in just a couple of days with no real trouble. Topped the scoreboard pretty frequently, too. 65% win rate in ranked, using Asashio, though lower in randoms.

Right now you've got a lot of people buying it and playing it because of all the hype about how OP it is, and you're not running into many of the people who actually know what they're doing.

If you get up against someone who's got a good record with a Kamikaze R, then you're going to find that Asashio is a much nastier enemy than you expect it to be.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
6 minutes ago, galspanic said:

Did he try to top you too??  That's been happening way more than it should.  Maybe I'm just old fashioned but if I spend $50 on what is essentially a slightly modified digital game piece I am going to do my research.

No he never fired his torps, but he did try to run away.  It wasn't his day.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,328 posts
6,609 battles
20 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

If I see one on the enemy team I just never sail in a strait line for any considerable amount of time.

Ding ding ding we got a winner!

[TBW]
Members
6,413 posts
12,059 battles

I bought the Asashio and have not run her yet, I probably won't for a while. I like to let the fervor wind down a bit. Personally I think she is rather hindered by her torpedoes. I would like to see heavy cruisers on her hit list when the split occurs.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
4 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I bought the Asashio and have not run her yet, I probably won't for a while. I like to let the fervor wind down a bi

LOL I'm doing the same thing, bought with the intention to use at a later date when it all settles, and potato BB players go back to whatever they were doing, wait they're still doing it, disregard.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,885 posts
1,338 battles
1 hour ago, Happy668 said:

Don't drive in straight lines, and don't be by yourself.  Have friends near you.  If you're alone, Asashio can dump those 76 knot torps (with acceleration) at 6 km.  Then you're screwed, but, if you're getting hit by the long-range fired torps  more often than a single random one, that's on you, the BB driver, for being predictable for the running time of those torps.  If he's stealth-torping you at short ranges, that's on you for being alone sniping at the back.

Asashio is very good with BB torps, but it's an underpowered ship for anything else for average players.  It can be OP in a good player's hands, but, then most ships *can be*.

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,852 posts
13,070 battles

I'm going to buy it because the phonetic I hear when the name is pronounced is very similar to what I get called every day.