You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Avenge_December_7

Holy WTR Drop, Batman!

7 comments in this topic

[STW-M]
Members
2,051 posts
5,861 battles

So after having one of the worst sessions so far this year (only worse one was last year with a 20-game loss streak in Ranger) in which I managed to win to get a 7-game loss streak in a mostly stock Taiho and got deleted early on in a Missouri (only doing 9k damage but still managing 100k profit :Smile_teethhappy:) and the only consolation was a 150k damage win in Enterprise, I decided to check my WTR to see just how badly I did today.

Imagine my face when apparently one night of bad games led to my WTR dropping from 1104 to 1083 over the course of 9 battles, -21 right there, sending me from light blue to green in the blink of an eye. :Smile_ohmy:The worst part was that the information was apparently up-to-date, marked by the green checkmark next to my IGN. :etc_swear:

Does one bad day really affect WTR that much, or is it typical Warships Today's wonkiness and glitches?

[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
4,275 posts
7,842 battles

Nah, I believe there's some problem going on with warships.today as my overall WTR suffered a sudden 13 points drop yesterday despite me finishing the day with 1945 WTR. If anything it should have went up with the positive result yet it suddenly went from 1397 to 1384. Also, individual ship stats and comparisons can't be tracked right now, so I think it should just go back to normal when they fix whatever is going wrong with them.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,186 battles

Wtr is pretty worthless anyways tbh. Don’t worry about it that much. 

• Cool 2

[XBRTC]
Members
1,414 posts
7,427 battles

Yeah, see, thing about WTR... these dips and spikes happen for no readily-identifiable reason. 

It should be a much, much smoother line, without the jaggedy stuff.

The overall trend will be accurate--inasmuch as WTR is ever an accurate, relevant measurement--but you can't really obsess over the droops and spikes. You can see I'm in the middle of a droop right now, even though my WTR yesterday was almost 700 points higher than my overall. 

It's funny, though: looking at this, I can plot out almost perfectly my health over the past couple years. It's pretty clear where diagnosis, chemo and radiation, and surgery happened, and where I started to get my groove back afterwards. So that's sort of cool.

image.thumb.png.85da7fc4758c38a9ac36dd342a3bb6e8.png

• Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
2,051 posts
5,861 battles

Thanks for all the replies.

I guess I'll just treat wtr with a grain of salt from now on.

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles

I removed it from my signature and haven't been looking at it since. It's not an indication of my skill at all, it's just a damage meter.