You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Baineblade

Penaulty System needs reworking AGAIN...

41 comments in this topic

[PRNA]
[PRNA]
Beta Testers
30 posts
4,279 battles

Not once, but TWICE did a destroyer turn into, INTO my torpedoes well after they were launched. I end up getting penalized for 6 games because of that. Either Torpedo strikes should no longer count after a set time they are launched or the system needs to be worked over again. This is utter lunacy that trollish players are already taking advantage of.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 14

[SIDE]
Members
1,262 posts
8,868 battles

Clearly you should desist from torping behind your own friendly ships. I have zero sympathy for you. If you want to use your torps, get in front of your allies. Until then, feel free to terrorize co-op.

The system doesn't need to be re-worked. You need to change your tactics, be more aware of ships around you, and shoot torps from positions that don't require your own allies to worry what you're doing versus the red team.

Edited by _Rumple_
  • Cool 11
  • Boring 1

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,832 battles

So when the new system went into place they wiped the old tks from all accounts, you start fresh with 2 game penalty, and you are already up to 6.

Second, i dont fully agree with rumple about torping behind allies as an absolute, but it is hardly a recipe for success.

Third. DDs rely on stealth for the most part, and if they dont have stealth, then they rely on maneuverability, that means you need to give them a wide berth, but especially when torps are involved.

[INTEL]
Members
8,594 posts
25,738 battles
19 hours ago, Baineblade said:

Not once, but TWICE did a destroyer turn into, INTO my torpedoes well after they were launched. I end up getting penalized for 6 games because of that. Either Torpedo strikes should no longer count after a set time they are launched or the system needs to be worked over again. This is utter lunacy that trollish players are already taking advantage of.

You. cant. launch. torps. with. teammates. in. front. of. you. 

Simple. This is your fault. I hope you apologized in chat and sent him a compliment. 

• Cool 2

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,027 posts

They already did, I think the cut-off range for team damage penalties from torpedoes is 8KM, I'd have to read the patch notes again.

[DDM_]
Members
1,083 posts
3,587 battles
3 hours ago, _Rumple_ said:

Clearly you should desist from torping behind your own friendly ships. I have zero sympathy for you. If you want to use your torps, get in front of your allies. Until then, feel free to terrorize co-op.

The system doesn't need to be re-worked. You need to change your tactics, be more aware of ships around you, and shoot torps from positions that don't require your own allies to worry what you're doing versus the red team.

Very much this. 

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
2 hours ago, TornadoADV said:

They already did, I think the cut-off range for team damage penalties from torpedoes is 8KM, I'd have to read the patch notes again.

That's interesting if true. 

Edit: it isn't. "Hitting allies with torpedoes will be taken into account at all times"

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/anti-abuse-system/

Edited by Gascan75

[5D5]
Members
2,289 posts
14,387 battles

It's always everyone else's fault. Umm no, you let them go so any friendly damage is on you.

I play a lot of DD and you always need to look at the mini map before you consider letting them go. Especially if the ship you are targeting is more than 7-8 km away.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

So many players constantly avoid hitting these same friendlies with their torpedoes. I believe you have it in you to count yourself among them.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
858 posts
9,828 battles

Before the change, I was in a death circle with a red BB and fired a salvo a point blank range and one of my shells somehow hit a friendly BB that had popped up out from an island behind him.

I didn't sink the friendly but I did like 12k damage and got a 16 game pink status. (i hadn't been pink for months)

After the change, I was in a Bogue and my planes torp a red DD a green DD was chasing down and already had torps out. The red DD dodged his torps and ran into mine. Textbook, yay!

Maybe out of spite, the green DD turns and runs into my torps and sinks.  I only got 2 games pink.

I was surprised at the low number, so maybe the change is working?

[MIA-A]
Members
2,127 posts
6,810 battles

For all the times I see people complain about this I think the percentage of times it's valid is close to zero.

Members
2,413 posts
7,727 battles
6 hours ago, Baineblade said:

Your launched the ttorps, your fault. Dont launch torps behind your teammates. Its simple. 

[WORX]
Members
1,870 posts
12,936 battles
6 hours ago, Baineblade said:

Not once, but TWICE did a destroyer turn into, INTO my torpedoes well after they were launched.

Maybe your brain cells are under powered as to how DD class drivers are, I recommend to drive DDs  more often. Then when a Cruiser from behind torps you and then blames you for being there and taking his "secure" kill". Maybe if you can do that you can understand its not the system, its

1. YOUR victim shaming,
  2. YOUR torps,
  3. YOUR belief that shooting torps from a cruiser as a offensive role, having friendlies in front is a danm good idea,.
  4. Its YOUR fault.

The system even when I had my doubts for which I was very vocal about, is working as the developers intended, part of it is deleted your actions I am all for it,, GG WOWS, Just dont shoot torps when friendlies are infront. GL and HF, Cheers!

[PRNA]
[PRNA]
Beta Testers
30 posts
4,279 battles
8 hours ago, _Rumple_ said:

He was 10 klm away from me, 5 klm away from my target when I launched my torpedoes, he smoked up the enemy target waited 15 seconds, then turned back into the smoke as it started to dissipate and intentionally steered into two of my torpedoes. I WAS keeping my eye on my target and friendly ships around me and within range of my torpedoes.

2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Maybe your brain cells are under powered as to how DD class drivers are, I recommend to drive DDs  more often. Then when a Cruiser from behind torps you and then blames you for being there and taking his "secure" kill". Maybe if you can do that you can understand its not the system, its

1. YOUR victim shaming,
  2. YOUR torps,
  3. YOUR belief that shooting torps from a cruiser as a offensive role, having friendlies in front is a danm good idea,.
  4. Its YOUR fault.

The system even when I had my doubts for which I was very vocal about, is working as the developers intended, part of it is deleted your actions I am all for it,, GG WOWS, Just dont shoot torps when friendlies are infront. GL and HF, Cheers!

1. I'm not victim shaming when the Destroyer intentionally turns into my torpedoes after sailing away from both me, the target and my original torpedo launch.

2. My torpedoes does not mean I control the actions of my team mates. They're there for everyone to see, especially when you're 7.5 kilometers moving onto 9klm away from me when I originally launch. (Which is outside my ship's torpedo range incidentally.)

3. If I have an advantageous chance to use torpedoes on a Yamato with no allies within the range of those torpedoes or sailing in the opposite direction of my target when I launch said torpedoes then yes, it is a good idea.

4. It is not my fault when I watch this destroyer turn around, pass the target within 3 klm, after having given that target smoke, not launch his torpedoes into said target, then drive straight for my torpedoes. He literally rammed his ship into my torpedoes. Twice. So unless I have some psychic powers I'm some how unaware of. That's not my fault.

5 hours ago, Taichunger said:

You. cant. launch. torps. with. teammates. in. front. of. you. 

Simple. This is your fault. I hope you apologized in chat and sent him a compliment. 

He wasn't in front of me, he was 10 klm and heading away from my target after having smoked said target. He turned around, passed the target as it came out of the smoke he laid for it, didn't launch his torpedoes at said target, and steered into two of my torpedoes.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
9 hours ago, Baineblade said:

Again we have another person saying "it wasn't my fault"

Judge Judy would view it like this

Judge - "Sir!, did you or did you not fire those torpedoes?"

Defendant -  "but judge he turned into them"

Judge - "Answer the question!, Did you, or did you not fire those torpedoes?"

Defendant - " yes they were mine"

Judge - "I hear bye sentence you to being pink for 6 games"

Defendant - "but! but! but!"

Judge - "Burt!  Remove him from the court, I do not want to see him"

It is always your responsibility, 100 % of the time, now accidents do happen, but if you fire them they're your responsibility till they run out, or hit the enemy

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[PRNA]
[PRNA]
Beta Testers
30 posts
4,279 battles
15 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Again we have another person saying "it wasn't my fault"

Judge Judy would view it like this

Judge - "Sir!, did you or did you not fire those torpedoes?"

Defendant -  "but judge he turned into them"

Judge - "Answer the question!, Did you, or did you not fire those torpedoes?"

Defendant - " yes they were mine"

Judge - "I hear bye sentence you to being pink for 6 games"

Defendant - "but! but! but!"

Judge - "Burt!  Remove him from the court, I do not want to see him"

It is always your responsibility, 100 % of the time, now accidents do happen, but if you fire them they're your responsibility till they run out, or hit the enemy

So the next time I see you in game and I turn my ship intentionally into your torpedoes it's not my fault. Got it. Read you 5 by 5. Will do ghostrider.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
1 minute ago, Baineblade said:

So the next time I see you in game and I turn my ship intentionally into your torpedoes it's not my fault. Got it. Read you 5 by 5. Will do ghostrider.

The thing with me is you wont have to turn

• Cool 1

[PRNA]
[PRNA]
Beta Testers
30 posts
4,279 battles
30 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

The thing with me is you wont have to turn

Cool story bruh.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
4 minutes ago, Baineblade said:

bruh.

Simple question, are you a Paul Walker wanna be from the fast and furious 2?  I have never heard the amount of misuse of that word in any other movie, or are you like, all gangster. 

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
1 hour ago, Baineblade said:

He was 10 klm away from me, 5 klm away from my target when I launched my torpedoes, he smoked up the enemy target waited 15 seconds, then turned back into the smoke as it started to dissipate and intentionally steered into two of my torpedoes. I WAS keeping my eye on my target and friendly ships around me and within range of my torpedoes.

Blah blah blah.

It's your fault, bruh. No one ever  "drives into" anything. You fired them into your teammate. Accept the consequences.

Hell, the amount of cry baby posts about this tells me the new system is working GREAT. You're exactly the type of player it was designed to "educate."

Edited by Lensar
  • Cool 1

Members
3,806 posts
14,122 battles

1. I'm not victim shaming when the Destroyer intentionally turns into my torpedoes after sailing away from both me, the target and my original torpedo launch.

2. My torpedoes does not mean I control the actions of my team mates. They're there for everyone to see, especially when you're 7.5 kilometers moving onto 9klm away from me when I originally launch. (Which is outside my ship's torpedo range incidentally.)

3. If I have an advantageous chance to use torpedoes on a Yamato with no allies within the range of those torpedoes or sailing in the opposite direction of my target when I launch said torpedoes then yes, it is a good idea.

4. It is not my fault when I watch this destroyer turn around, pass the target within 3 klm, after having given that target smoke, not launch his torpedoes into said target, then drive straight for my torpedoes. He literally rammed his ship into my torpedoes. Twice. So unless I have some psychic powers I'm some how unaware of. That's not my fault.

He wasn't in front of me, he was 10 klm and heading away from my target after having smoked said target. He turned around, passed the target as it came out of the smoke he laid for it, didn't launch his torpedoes at said target, and steered into two of my torpedoes.

Weak excuses for excuses. When you shoot off torpedoes when friendlies are downrange it's YOUR responsibility if any of them hit a friendly. There's no excuse and it's NEVER the fault of the friendly who got hit. This may be asking a lot from you, but THINK before you spam off your torps.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,253 posts
1,860 battles

Properly fired torpedoes don't give you that option.

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,027 posts
7 hours ago, Gascan75 said:

That's interesting if true. 

Edit: it isn't. "Hitting allies with torpedoes will be taken into account at all times"

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/anti-abuse-system/

Shame the change didn't make it out of the test server then.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
4 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

Shame the change didn't make it out of the test server then.

Makes more sense when you read the entire paragraph from WG, not a simple excerpt 

Damage is measured as a percentage of the total HP pool of an allied ship. If damage is caused to multiple allies, the percentage values will sum up. Hitting allies with torpedoes will be taken into account at all times. Like in the case of destroying an allied ship, damage caused to your teammates can lead to restrictions in access to some types of battles. Also, do not forget about the mirror damage caused to the offenders' ships after their nicknames turn pink, and about penalties to their credits and experience depending on their battle results. We remind you that "mirror damage" is the damage caused to your ship in response to your damaging of allied ships.