9 comments in this topic

[KG]
Members
2 posts
3,263 battles

Finished last ranked season at level 17 - new season starts & I am only ranked at 20 - wth?

20180408215108_1.jpg

Edited by AusDV8
add pic evidence

[SIDE]
Members
1,250 posts
8,868 battles

Finished last season at 18 because I lacked the fortitude to play more than one game. This season, started at 21 and now at 13. It doesn't take long to progress.

[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,264 battles

Sounds about right?

Finished R15 last season, started R18 this season.

You start a few ranks down from wherever you ended the last season, when the new season starts. Same as always.

Be happy. You're only four down; I think the Rank 1 players loose a lot more than just four ranks...

• Cool 1

[KG]
Members
2 posts
3,263 battles

As you say it can be quick to re-rank if you have time to waste re-achieving the same goal.  

To me it creates a pointless exercise.

Cheers for responses     o7.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,069 battles
4 hours ago, AusDV8 said:

Finished last ranked season at level 17 - new season starts & I am only ranked at 20 - wth?

[snip]

Hey AusDV8, welcome to the forums.

You start each new season off with some bonus stars, depending on what rank you got to last season. The challenge is to grind through each rank. It wouldn't be much of a challenge if, for example, I finished at Rank 5 last season and started at Rank 5 again this season. At the same time, it wouldn't be fair if I put in the effort to get to Rank 5 last season, only to start from scratch at Rank 22 this season.

You can find a list of all the starting rank requirements here: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/get-riggidy-riggidy-ranked-son/

[NOBS]
Members
533 posts
5,877 battles

I'm finding the playing ranked is messing up my random games now, might just give up on the grind that ranks is

[TRC]
Members
15 posts
3,170 battles

I reached level 10 today, and now ranked is not avail to play anymore?

Just figured it out, no level 10 ships in my port...  Merp...

Edited by 99Lightning

[LOU1]
Members
3,033 posts
8,125 battles

As another poster mentioned, you also get bonus stars that are added as you progress.

Bonus Stars from Previous Seasons

Your achievements in the previous Season of Ranked Battles are taken into account, so you don't need to start from scratch! Depending on your final Rank in the previous season, you'll get a certain number of bonus stars. The most you can start with is 22. If you reached the highest Rank in the previous season, you'll start with Rank 13, and bonus stars for the number of Ranks you ascended earlier will be automatically added to your account.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/get-riggidy-riggidy-ranked-son/

Edited by ExploratorOne

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles

Went to 10 last rank we’re I always stop and started this seasons flag giving rank battles at 16 and will happily stop at 10... again