Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Altwar

Random battle vs coop

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

100
[-AF-]
Beta Testers
255 posts
4,355 battles

Pure and simple.  I've had this account for a while but haven't played much because I'm doing WoT most of the time.  But because of the $9.99 price on the Graf Spee and Texas seemed like a decent deal, I bought them and upped my playing time in the last week or so.   And in doing so, I've played random and when platooning with a clan mate, we played in coop which is understandably easier.

 

So my question then is, what's the benefit of random vs coop battles, beyond actually facing players rather than bots?   

Personally, I'd rather play against other players and get whipped while trying to pick up on how other players are doing what they do, rather than beating up on bots which is okay if you want a battle all but guaranteed as a win.

But is there something good about coop that benefits a player to play some versus random or?

 

And I did a search on the forums to see if this question were answered already and I failed to find this being asked so excuse me if it's here somewhere and I'm just too oblivious to find it.

 

Thanks in advance!    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,325 posts
13,078 battles

co op has less toxicity in it, and people like to relax and shoot some boats, or they do they're missions in co op, test stuff in it

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,651
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,352 posts

If you want to burn off the 200% wins on a large bunch of ships, and don't want to keep trying 2-3-4 battles to get each one...

Co-Op battles are quick, easy, and less 'emotional'.

If you like Random, stick to it.  This is a game about what YOU want, not how you think others want you to fit in.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
421
[WOLF6]
Members
765 posts
7,131 battles
17 minutes ago, Altwar said:

Pure and simple.  I've had this account for a while but haven't played much because I'm doing WoT most of the time.  But because of the $9.99 price on the Graf Spee and Texas seemed like a decent deal, I bought them and upped my playing time in the last week or so.   And in doing so, I've played random and when platooning with a clan mate, we played in coop which is understandably easier.

 

So my question then is, what's the benefit of random vs coop battles, beyond actually facing players rather than bots?   

Personally, I'd rather play against other players and get whipped while trying to pick up on how other players are doing what they do, rather than beating up on bots which is okay if you want a battle all but guaranteed as a win.

But is there something good about coop that benefits a player to play some versus random or?

 

And I did a search on the forums to see if this question were answered already and I failed to find this being asked so excuse me if it's here somewhere and I'm just too oblivious to find it.

 

Thanks in advance!    

I prefer to outfit a ship in co-op before going to pvp with it , I save my free xp for other things . Got the Missouri that way .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,017
[HYDRO]
Members
3,613 posts
5,131 battles

You can burn easily through weekly missions in co op when they are available to it. You can also retrain there your captains, get a clearer idea of  new your ships capabilities. Or you can just have a cooldown or timeout if too annoyed at randoms. All of this is mostly from a random player's standpoint anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
4,294 posts

Random has better rewards and is way more fun, but will occasionally tilt you if you get bad streaks. Co-op is the place you go relax when you're so tilted from randoms that it's affecting your performance and confidence until you're ready for more actual battles

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,692
[INTEL]
Members
11,027 posts
30,916 battles
17 hours ago, Altwar said:

Pure and simple.  I've had this account for a while but haven't played much because I'm doing WoT most of the time.  But because of the $9.99 price on the Graf Spee and Texas seemed like a decent deal, I bought them and upped my playing time in the last week or so.   And in doing so, I've played random and when platooning with a clan mate, we played in coop which is understandably easier.

 

So my question then is, what's the benefit of random vs coop battles, beyond actually facing players rather than bots?   

Personally, I'd rather play against other players and get whipped while trying to pick up on how other players are doing what they do, rather than beating up on bots which is okay if you want a battle all but guaranteed as a win.

But is there something good about coop that benefits a player to play some versus random or?

 

And I did a search on the forums to see if this question were answered already and I failed to find this being asked so excuse me if it's here somewhere and I'm just too oblivious to find it.

 

Thanks in advance!    

Coop is good for:

1. Grinding when you don't want to take a stock ship to Randoms/Ranked.

2. Grinding out missions for credits, damage, or XP, or 200% bonuses on ships you don't want take into Randoms. 

3. Relaxing and pew-pew-pewing stuff, especially with friends. Meeting people, met lots of div mates playing coop. 

4. Practice. Bots angle well, and they can teach how to shoot angled ships. They also magically evade torps. Bot BBs love to brawl, and many BB drivers don't know how to brawl when the time comes. Bots help you practice that. 

5. Getting your WOWs fix

6. Practicing with new ships. Many people get a new ship and take it instantly into Randoms. Ships have their own quirks and it is generally a good idea to get used to them for a few games in Coop.

7. Some botes, like Okhotnik, are especially fun in Coop. 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
810
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,568 posts
7,066 battles

Co op is a stress relieving and casual way to play the game.

Random battles demands a lot of your mental sanity to not go overboard in obsessing over the losses, salt, toxicity, and realization of how crap you are.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,748
[RLGN]
Members
11,639 posts
20,632 battles
25 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

7. Some botes, like Okhotnik, are especially fun in Coop. 

Bogue, (ALL the CVs I play regularly for that matter; because you don't have to worry about twitch-reaction unicums (redacted extreamely rude word, take your pick,) strafing you to death,) The Donut, Normandie in Operations, others...

Less stress over all; plus I second pretty much what everyone else has posted.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,693
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,399 posts
11,490 battles
26 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Coop is good for:

1. Grinding when you don't want to take a stock ship to Randoms/Ranked.

2. Grinding out missions for credits, damage, or XP, or 200% bonuses on ships you don't want take into Randoms. 

3. Relaxing and pew-pew-pewing stuff, especially with friends. Meeting people, met lots of div mates playing coop. 

4. Practice. Bots angle well, and they can teach how to shoot angled ships. They also magically evade torps. Bot BBs love to brawl, and many BB drivers don't know how to brawl when the time comes. Bots help you practice that. 

5. Getting your WOWs fix

6. Practicing with new ships. Many people get a new ship and take it instantly into Randoms. Ships have their own quirks and it is generally a good idea to get used to them for a few games in Coop.

7. Some botes, like Okhotnik, are especially fun in Coop. 

 

+1

 

Pretty much runs the gamut of things I'd say too.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,702
[_-_]
Members
2,363 posts
6,951 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Coop is good for:

1. Grinding when you don't want to take a stock ship to Randoms/Ranked.

2. Grinding out missions for credits, damage, or XP, or 200% bonuses on ships you don't want take into Randoms. 

3. Relaxing and pew-pew-pewing stuff, especially with friends. Meeting people, met lots of div mates playing coop. 

4. Practice. Bots angle well, and they can teach how to shoot angled ships. They also magically evade torps. Bot BBs love to brawl, and many BB drivers don't know how to brawl when the time comes. Bots help you practice that. 

5. Getting your WOWs fix

6. Practicing with new ships. Many people get a new ship and take it instantly into Randoms. Ships have their own quirks and it is generally a good idea to get used to them for a few games in Coop.

7. Some botes, like Okhotnik, are especially fun in Coop. 

That's a very good list. Bravo Zulu.

Permit me to add something to the list, if I may.

There is a small but devoted segment of the player base (of which I am a member)  who really enjoy the game, but for various legitimate health reasons (less than perfect eyesight, and/or slightly impaired reaction time to name a couple) choose PvE precisely because it is easier and doesn't burden the more competitive players in PvP. Even sick old FPS gunslingers like me can get a 90%+ win rate and score top half in team score in PvE.

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
75 posts
2,692 battles
3 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

Co op is a stress relieving and casual way to play the game.

Random battles demands a lot of your mental sanity to not go overboard in obsessing over the losses, salt, toxicity, and realization of how crap you are.

:cap_like:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,328
[ARGSY]
Members
13,925 posts
8,984 battles

Co-op - very high potential win rate. Good for cheering you up, even if your ship does not survive. Significantly lower rewards, all else being equal, but the games are shorter, and if you have time to burn it probably makes little difference for grinding. Inability to access some missions, tasks and campaigns (this is improving). You may need flags, camo, premium time to run higher-tier ships without a loss.

Tasks requiring numbers of wins or kills are (where allowed) best done in co-op.

Randoms - very high potential rewards. Ability to access all missions and tasks. Against this, it's higher risk with the potential for brutal losing streaks. If you've got the mental fortitude to take that, a losing Random game can give more XP etc. than a win in Co-op, all else being equal.

Tasks requiring XP grinds are best done in randoms, especially if time is limited. If you have all day to grind out 20K XP and all the flags & camo in the world and you like the co-op style, that's another matter.

It's all up to you, and there's nothing that says you can't mix and match.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,458 posts
8,476 battles

Co-op is the pink ship wash away pink wash. Is now the designated Gulag for AFK players  and Tker's.  :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
127 posts
870 battles

As a newby grinding several lines at low tiers (like T2-3), I find at certain times of day, it’s a 5-minute wait for a Random, and then only 4 or so people on each team. Co-op loads a battle in 30 seconds or less. Quicker grind through the first few ships in each line  

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×