You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Altwar

Random battle vs coop

16 comments in this topic

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
119 posts
2,066 battles

Pure and simple.  I've had this account for a while but haven't played much because I'm doing WoT most of the time.  But because of the $9.99 price on the Graf Spee and Texas seemed like a decent deal, I bought them and upped my playing time in the last week or so.   And in doing so, I've played random and when platooning with a clan mate, we played in coop which is understandably easier.

So my question then is, what's the benefit of random vs coop battles, beyond actually facing players rather than bots?   

Personally, I'd rather play against other players and get whipped while trying to pick up on how other players are doing what they do, rather than beating up on bots which is okay if you want a battle all but guaranteed as a win.

But is there something good about coop that benefits a player to play some versus random or?

And I did a search on the forums to see if this question were answered already and I failed to find this being asked so excuse me if it's here somewhere and I'm just too oblivious to find it.

Thanks in advance!    

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

co op has less toxicity in it, and people like to relax and shoot some boats, or they do they're missions in co op, test stuff in it

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,407 posts
9,562 battles

If you want to burn off the 200% wins on a large bunch of ships, and don't want to keep trying 2-3-4 battles to get each one...

Co-Op battles are quick, easy, and less 'emotional'.

If you like Random, stick to it.  This is a game about what YOU want, not how you think others want you to fit in.

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
314 posts
4,531 battles
17 minutes ago, Altwar said:

Pure and simple.  I've had this account for a while but haven't played much because I'm doing WoT most of the time.  But because of the $9.99 price on the Graf Spee and Texas seemed like a decent deal, I bought them and upped my playing time in the last week or so.   And in doing so, I've played random and when platooning with a clan mate, we played in coop which is understandably easier.

So my question then is, what's the benefit of random vs coop battles, beyond actually facing players rather than bots?   

Personally, I'd rather play against other players and get whipped while trying to pick up on how other players are doing what they do, rather than beating up on bots which is okay if you want a battle all but guaranteed as a win.

But is there something good about coop that benefits a player to play some versus random or?

And I did a search on the forums to see if this question were answered already and I failed to find this being asked so excuse me if it's here somewhere and I'm just too oblivious to find it.

Thanks in advance!    

I prefer to outfit a ship in co-op before going to pvp with it , I save my free xp for other things . Got the Missouri that way .

[HYDRO]
Members
1,574 posts
3,751 battles

You can burn easily through weekly missions in co op when they are available to it. You can also retrain there your captains, get a clearer idea of  new your ships capabilities. Or you can just have a cooldown or timeout if too annoyed at randoms. All of this is mostly from a random player's standpoint anyway.

[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
4,275 posts
7,855 battles

Random has better rewards and is way more fun, but will occasionally tilt you if you get bad streaks. Co-op is the place you go relax when you're so tilted from randoms that it's affecting your performance and confidence until you're ready for more actual battles

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,585 posts
25,702 battles
17 hours ago, Altwar said:

Thanks in advance!    

Coop is good for:

1. Grinding when you don't want to take a stock ship to Randoms/Ranked.

2. Grinding out missions for credits, damage, or XP, or 200% bonuses on ships you don't want take into Randoms. 

3. Relaxing and pew-pew-pewing stuff, especially with friends. Meeting people, met lots of div mates playing coop. 

4. Practice. Bots angle well, and they can teach how to shoot angled ships. They also magically evade torps. Bot BBs love to brawl, and many BB drivers don't know how to brawl when the time comes. Bots help you practice that. 

5. Getting your WOWs fix

6. Practicing with new ships. Many people get a new ship and take it instantly into Randoms. Ships have their own quirks and it is generally a good idea to get used to them for a few games in Coop.

7. Some botes, like Okhotnik, are especially fun in Coop. 

• Cool 4

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,670 posts
3,824 battles

Co op is a stress relieving and casual way to play the game.

Random battles demands a lot of your mental sanity to not go overboard in obsessing over the losses, salt, toxicity, and realization of how crap you are.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,253 posts
17,271 battles
25 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Bogue, (ALL the CVs I play regularly for that matter; because you don't have to worry about twitch-reaction unicums (redacted extreamely rude word, take your pick,) strafing you to death,) The Donut, Normandie in Operations, others...

Less stress over all; plus I second pretty much what everyone else has posted.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,607 battles
26 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Coop is good for:

2. Grinding out missions for credits, damage, or XP, or 200% bonuses on ships you don't want take into Randoms. 

3. Relaxing and pew-pew-pewing stuff, especially with friends. Meeting people, met lots of div mates playing coop. 

4. Practice. Bots angle well, and they can teach how to shoot angled ships. They also magically evade torps. Bot BBs love to brawl, and many BB drivers don't know how to brawl when the time comes. Bots help you practice that. 

5. Getting your WOWs fix

6. Practicing with new ships. Many people get a new ship and take it instantly into Randoms. Ships have their own quirks and it is generally a good idea to get used to them for a few games in Coop.

+1

Pretty much runs the gamut of things I'd say too.

• Cool 1

[ICE9]
Members
832 posts
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Coop is good for:

5. Getting your WOWs fix

That's a very good list. Bravo Zulu.

Permit me to add something to the list, if I may.

There is a small but devoted segment of the player base (of which I am a member)  who really enjoy the game, but for various legitimate health reasons (less than perfect eyesight, and/or slightly impaired reaction time to name a couple) choose PvE precisely because it is easier and doesn't burden the more competitive players in PvP. Even sick old FPS gunslingers like me can get a 90%+ win rate and score top half in team score in PvE.

• Cool 2

Members
66 posts
2,037 battles
3 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

Co op is a stress relieving and casual way to play the game.

Random battles demands a lot of your mental sanity to not go overboard in obsessing over the losses, salt, toxicity, and realization of how crap you are.

:cap_like:

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,311 posts
4,256 battles

Co-op - very high potential win rate. Good for cheering you up, even if your ship does not survive. Significantly lower rewards, all else being equal, but the games are shorter, and if you have time to burn it probably makes little difference for grinding. Inability to access some missions, tasks and campaigns (this is improving). You may need flags, camo, premium time to run higher-tier ships without a loss.

Tasks requiring numbers of wins or kills are (where allowed) best done in co-op.

Randoms - very high potential rewards. Ability to access all missions and tasks. Against this, it's higher risk with the potential for brutal losing streaks. If you've got the mental fortitude to take that, a losing Random game can give more XP etc. than a win in Co-op, all else being equal.

Tasks requiring XP grinds are best done in randoms, especially if time is limited. If you have all day to grind out 20K XP and all the flags & camo in the world and you like the co-op style, that's another matter.

It's all up to you, and there's nothing that says you can't mix and match.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,796 battles

Co-op is the pink ship wash away pink wash. Is now the designated Gulag for AFK players  and Tker's.  :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[TCANS]
Beta Testers
127 posts
870 battles

As a newby grinding several lines at low tiers (like T2-3), I find at certain times of day, it’s a 5-minute wait for a Random, and then only 4 or so people on each team. Co-op loads a battle in 30 seconds or less. Quicker grind through the first few ships in each line  

• Cool 1