Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AlcatrazNC

I almost finish grinding my Amagi ...

17 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
1,735 posts
8,298 battles

And to be honest I still don't know how I am supposed to aim with this ship. I thought Bismarck was inconsistent and not accurate at all but after putting the aiming module, it just changed my life. I aim, I shoot, I hit. Simple as that.

Amagi is like : Aim, shoot and land 8 shell in the water, 1 shell overpen and the other pen but deal no damage.  I first thought this ship was great but as I progress through this ship, it is actually borderline garbage. Yes I don't receive a lot of citadel in this ship and the guns are powerfull but the accuracy is just horrible. When I'm close to my target it becomes consistent but I can't land citadel, just bunch of pen and overpens.. The only citadel I landed with this ship was against Neptune, Mogami and Prinz Eugen. I don't consider Mogami and Neptune as great achievement considering everything can citadel them at their tier and Eugen was purely luck. 

Anyway I'm 76k XP away from Izumo and I hope this ship isn't as bad as I hear / face in battle 

Members
311 posts
2,336 battles

Amagi is complete trash for a tier 8, thats all there is to it, the guns have horrible penetration they are innacurate and they do less damage than the american 406, there isnt a single advantage you have over other tier 8 BB's. Izumo on the other hand is an absolute beast if MM doesn't screw you by putting you against kutuzovs and asashios.

• Bad 2

Members
1,550 posts
8,238 battles

Hey

Sounds a lot like the Kii too; even with the accuracy mod it's still garbage.  Just not impressed; I thought the 410mm shells would hit harder than the American 406s', nope, very wrong.

Pete

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,562 posts
3,539 battles
On 5/5/2018 at 1:27 AM, manon45 said:

Amagi is complete trash for a tier 8, thats all there is to it, the guns have horrible penetration they are innacurate and they do less damage than the american 406, there isnt a single advantage you have over other tier 8 BB's. Izumo on the other hand is an absolute beast if MM doesn't screw you by putting you against kutuzovs and asashios.

What are you talking about it has the best penatration for Tier 8 and beats several ships at T9, it has the IJN dispersion which is better than every other line by far and 2.0 sigma. Seriously do you even know what the heck your talking about cause by this post you don't.

The biggest issue in my opinion is that it's too accurate so if your aim is off by a little it will miss most shells. Personally I aim at the line where there side of the hull meets the deck and I don't run the accuracy mod so my shells just spread a little more to make up for a miss

Members
311 posts
2,336 battles
55 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

What are you talking about it has the best penatration for Tier 8 and beats several ships at T9, it has the IJN dispersion which is better than every other line by far and 2.0 sigma. Seriously do you even know what the heck your talking about cause by this post you don't.

The biggest issue in my opinion is that it's too accurate so if your aim is off by a little it will miss most shells. Personally I aim at the line where there side of the hull meets the deck and I don't run the accuracy mod so my shells just spread a little more to make up for a miss

You just blurted about a bunch easy to prove false information:

North Carolina has the highest penetration of tier 8 BB's
Amagi has 1.8 sigma
IJN ships actually have the worst vertical dispersion and the best horizontal(USN have the best vertical and the worst horizontal)

Amagi is mostly a cruiser killed, big guns with low penetration, thats why you will land full pens instead of overpens on cruisers and battleship super structures, also unlike most ships that fight usually at 14-12km comfortably IJN ships perform best at 16km where the plunging AP can easily get dev strike citadels through the deck because those shells do horrible against actual armor, but at that range the slow traveling shells are very easy to avoid which is probably my biggest problem with IJN ships (nagato especially because of its long AF flight time)

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,562 posts
3,539 battles
2 hours ago, manon45 said:

Amagi has 1.8 sigma
IJN ships actually have the worst vertical dispersion and the best horizontal(USN have the best vertical and the worst horizontal)

Amagi is mostly a cruiser killed, big guns with low penetration, thats why you will land full pens instead of overpens on cruisers and battleship super structures, also unlike most ships that fight usually at 14-12km comfortably IJN ships perform best at 16km where the plunging AP can easily get dev strike citadels through the deck because those shells do horrible against actual armor, but at that range the slow traveling shells are very easy to avoid which is probably my biggest problem with IJN ships (nagato especially because of its long AF flight time)

Speaking a misinformation, while the NC has great vertical dispersion and a 2.0 sigma, she has slow easy to dodge shells (I play mine allot and I play against them allot) but the Amagi has good velocity guns (not the best not the worse) and it has best sub 10km penetration and is within 50mm of penetration of the best guns at max range. How is that bad? She has the best dispersion path of any of the ships meaning more clustered shells. Like I said you don't know what your talking about and I provided charts I made just to prove my point further which has been data mined from the game itself. No made up information here I can provide you with the links to read it for yourself

Dispersion.thumb.png.4e8cb18ee1ee3b5416bd2c38a7d777f8.png

t8bbpen.thumb.png.7c621b77eab0d0a159bfec20147d81e7.pngt8bbflight.thumb.png.949e63d9ab3b193a2d0c12228c11c1c9.png

Oh since you brought up the Nagato, heres the T7 BB flight times where only the Scharnhorst sisters beat the Nagato in fastest shell flight times

t7bbflight.thumb.png.1e75727010cf8630e16032a04b530bda.png

Members
311 posts
2,336 battles
3 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Speaking a misinformation, while the NC has great vertical dispersion and a 2.0 sigma, she has slow easy to dodge shells (I play mine allot and I play against them allot) but the Amagi has good velocity guns (not the best not the worse) and it has best sub 10km penetration and is within 50mm of penetration of the best guns at max range. How is that bad? She has the best dispersion path of any of the ships meaning more clustered shells. Like I said you don't know what your talking about and I provided charts I made just to prove my point further which has been data mined from the game itself. No made up information here I can provide you with the links to read it for yourself

Dispersion.thumb.png.4e8cb18ee1ee3b5416bd2c38a7d777f8.png

t8bbpen.thumb.png.7c621b77eab0d0a159bfec20147d81e7.pngt8bbflight.thumb.png.949e63d9ab3b193a2d0c12228c11c1c9.png

Oh since you brought up the Nagato, heres the T7 BB flight times where only the Scharnhorst sisters beat the Nagato in fastest shell flight times

t7bbflight.thumb.png.1e75727010cf8630e16032a04b530bda.png

Wow I can also take random charts off the internet and pretend they are fact, while you're at it just remember the world ended in 2012, someone on the internet wouldn't lie would they?

• Bad 2

[WOLFB]
Members
1,735 posts
8,298 battles
On 06/05/2018 at 2:37 PM, guinness77 said:

Buy the accuracy mod.  It make a lot of difference.

Already using it and it still sucks.  This ship accuracy is just garbage. Just now, I had a FDG, turning and showing flat broadside to avoid torps. I aim at the waterline to get those pens, RNG decide to spread shells like I'm using a shotgun. Flat broadside, 1 ricochet. In pretty much every other BB I would have dealt a lot of AP pens. Amagi is just aim, shoot and pray for RNG to reward your hit. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,297 posts
4,143 battles
18 hours ago, manon45 said:

Amagi has 1.8 sigma

If your fighting that far out that's the problem. Fast light shells have trash vertical dispersion at longer ranges. Also amagi's armor is better at medium to short range.

Another thing about facing turtle back armor. Shoot into the upper hull. If angled hit right behind the forward turrets. You will get near citadel levels of pen damage. If bow on just target the second turret, floaty shells will hit the conning tower for pen damage or over pen superstructure. 

Members
311 posts
2,336 battles
3 hours ago, StoneRhino said:

If your fighting that far out that's the problem. Fast light shells have trash vertical dispersion at longer ranges. Also amagi's armor is better at medium to short range.

Another thing about facing turtle back armor. Shoot into the upper hull. If angled hit right behind the forward turrets. You will get near citadel levels of pen damage. If bow on just target the second turret, floaty shells will hit the conning tower for pen damage or over pen superstructure. 

I worded that a bit poorly since I wrote it around 4 AM. I meant that their optimal range is 16km so you should never be fighting beyond that despite the IJN ships having superior range. When I was talking about the slow flight times I didn't mean I hate them because you cant fight at that range with them but it makes it very hard to hit destroyers and CL's. In my Bayern, konig, bretagne, orion, pretty much any non IJN BB I can easily land 3 or 4 hits on a destroyer 10km out, in my nagato or amagi by the time the shell lands hes already done a full 180 and is halfway across the map. And I know the solution is to just get closer but sometimes thats not an option.

Members
2,297 posts
4,143 battles
26 minutes ago, manon45 said:

I worded that a bit poorly since I wrote it around 4 AM. I meant that their optimal range is 16km so you should never be fighting beyond that despite the IJN ships having superior range. When I was talking about the slow flight times I didn't mean I hate them because you cant fight at that range with them but it makes it very hard to hit destroyers and CL's. In my Bayern, konig, bretagne, orion, pretty much any non IJN BB I can easily land 3 or 4 hits on a destroyer 10km out, in my nagato or amagi by the time the shell lands hes already done a full 180 and is halfway across the map. And I know the solution is to just get closer but sometimes thats not an option.

I understand the the sentiment but nagato and amagi reach 10k in like 5-6 seconds. 

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,562 posts
3,539 battles
18 hours ago, manon45 said:

Wow I can also take random charts off the internet and pretend they are fact, while you're at it just remember the world ended in 2012, someone on the internet wouldn't lie would they?

Alright then research it yourself http://wowsft.com/ that site is probably the best out there of all the data mined information for this game, prove me wrong please

[MBR]
Members
229 posts
5,683 battles
16 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Already using it and it still sucks.  This ship accuracy is just garbage. Just now, I had a FDG, turning and showing flat broadside to avoid torps. I aim at the waterline to get those pens, RNG decide to spread shells like I'm using a shotgun. Flat broadside, 1 ricochet. In pretty much every other BB I would have dealt a lot of AP pens. Amagi is just aim, shoot and pray for RNG to reward your hit. 

lol I saw you tonight about 1 hour ago on the Amagi and I was on the Amagi too. Amagi also have many secondaries, your teammate Prinz Eugen got machine guned by my secondaries. Yes, I agree with you too, the dispersion is horrible. But Amagi has some advantages that can justify its dispersion, like having 10 guns and fast turrent rotation speed.

1,542 posts
26 battles

Keep it friendly please folks. I don't want to have to close this topic

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
9,083 battles
On 5/7/2018 at 2:16 AM, manon45 said:

This data was the result of community members testing each battleship and recording the results. You on the other hand have no empirical data to back up your opinions. Practice more and read/watch aiming tutorials. The Japanese BBs are some, if not the most accurate BBs in the game.

Edited to not be such as [edited].

Edited by SavageTactical

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

The IJN non-stock 420s are some of the best guns in the whole damn game. Not sure what ships you are playing, but it certainly doesn't sound like the Amagi or Kii I've been using.

Note: vertical dispersion gets *better* at longer ranges, not worse. Long vertical dispersion is due to high shell velocities making shells shoot well past their target. This is why the very floaty shells on USN and RN battleships have the best vertical dispersion even up close, while the sweet spot for IJN battleship shells is actually around the 15km mark where they start to lose that flat arc and start to plunge a little while still retaining that comparatively great horizontal dispersion.

Its also why Roma's guns are utter sh*t due to having not only that atrocious horizontal dispersion, but also retaining that super high velocity at all ranges and hence always having terrible vertical dispersion even at max range.

Sign in to follow this