You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sheeple_Slayer

DD teamkiller or stupid BB player?

63 comments in this topic

[RO-I]
Members
64 posts
1,739 battles

BB player ignores warnings from DD, continue to charge straight at maximum speed (even if friendly torps are not stealth for him, he can see them the entire time), is killed by 1 friendly torp (cause he had low HP), then accuse DD of TK and bad play.

Schema.thumb.jpg.8f3996f7d2f4aad2b35ed7626f7feedc.jpg

Edited by Sheeple_Slayer
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 6

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,625 battles
4 minutes ago, Sheeple_Slayer said:

BB player ignores warnings from DD, continue to charge straight at maximum speed (even if friendly torps are not stealth for him, he can see them the entire time), is killed by 1 friendly torp (cause he had low HP), then accuse DD of TK and bad play.

Schema.thumb.jpg.8f3996f7d2f4aad2b35ed7626f7feedc.jpg

rofl I see two stoopids and one red ship

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
2,462 posts
5,645 battles

DD's fault. As much as the BB was being a mega [edited] and not turning around so the DD could safely drop on the enemy BB, in the end the DD did drop (knowing the friendly was liable to run into his torps) and killed a friendly.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[DRAH]
Members
100 posts
3,456 battles

Always assume the driver of the other ship has chat disabled or can't read english so I will go with the DD being at fault.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[RO-I]
Members
64 posts
1,739 battles
11 minutes ago, Cruiser_StLouis said:

DD's fault. As much as the BB was being a mega [edited] and not turning around so the DD could safely drop on the enemy BB, in the end the DD did drop (knowing the friendly was liable to run into his torps) and killed a friendly.

How could DD player know that BB player will not cooperate?

[RO-I]
Members
64 posts
1,739 battles
Just now, Ellyh said:

Always assume the driver of the other ship has chat disabled or can't read english so I will go with the DD being at fault.

It is supposed to be a TEAM PLAY, so chat and english are essential. it is supposed to be a game where there is COMMUNICATION and COOPERATION. Otherwise, is stupid yolos.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,785 battles

You did the right thing by trying to communicate to your BB teammate that you fired torps @Sheeple_Slayer , but at the same time, I would consider that a risky shot.

Why? For starters, the path of the friendly BB player takes them right into the path of your torp spread at 5 km out. Second, the player may be oblivious to your messages because they have tunnel vision while engaging with another ship, that enemy BB for example. Not only that, if they are busy engaging another ship, they might not see the friendly torps. Edit: Also, Some players turn off battle chat too; so, they might not even see your warnings. Third, if he or she does see your messages and slows and turns to avoid your torps, he will expose more of his broadside to the enemy BB. You are putting them in between a rock and hard place.

I agree that you didn't mean to teamkill and that the friendly BB player could have slowed down possibly to avoid your torps or worked with you in that situation to help kill the enemy BB, but you cannot always expect players to do that.

Edited by daVinci761st
  • Cool 2

[RO-I]
Members
64 posts
1,739 battles
1 minute ago, KAGA_kaini said:

Whether intentional or not its DDs fault.

Explain people, explain why. Useless telegraphic replies are not welcome.

• Bad 3

[TBW]
Members
6,409 posts
12,057 battles

Sometimes they run into them just to troll you. Some people will go out of there way to hit your torps. Never launch if there is a chance to hit them. It's sad but some people think it's funny to make some one pink. In co op they will do it so they can get the kill.

Alpha Tester
1,306 posts
9,373 battles

DDs fault, at that range in a bb I would be trying to brawl the enemy bb so a DD should only interfere after the two have passes. What I see depicted is a greedy DD player, you should know full well that if the bb turned away at that range the enemy bb would most likely one shot his broadside.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
2,462 posts
5,645 battles
5 minutes ago, Sheeple_Slayer said:

How could DD player know that BB player will not cooperate?

How did he know the BB would cooperate? If the BB continues along his course, obviously he's not paying attention to chat or does not care.

It was foolish to launch torpedoes into the path of friendly ships, even if the friendly ships are not considering the better strategy.

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles
8 minutes ago, Ellyh said:

Or is just a poor player.

[RO-I]
Members
64 posts
1,739 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Sometimes they run into them just to troll you. Some people will go out of there way to hit your torps. Never launch if there is a chance to hit them. It's sad but some people think it's funny to make some one pink. In co op they will do it so they can get the kill.

This is what I told myself. he knew english very well and he wrote in chat something like this: "yeah, so the tk penalty system works", like he intentionally run into my torps to see me turning pink.

[TBW]
Members
6,409 posts
12,057 battles
2 minutes ago, Sheeple_Slayer said:

Not every one is cool, I know it's hard for a thinking person to figure it. Alas we smart people seem to be a minority and it's getting worse. The Gene Pool hasn't been cleaned for decades.

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
763 posts
5,973 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

DDs fault, at that range in a bb I would be trying to brawl the enemy bb so a DD should only interfere after the two have passes. What I see depicted is a greedy DD player, you should know full well that if the bb turned away at that range the enemy bb would most likely one shot his broadside.

Exactly. At that range, players tend to have the blinders on, and consequently, they are not looking at the chat for any warnings. DDs fault. Learn from it and move on.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,409 posts
12,057 battles
1 minute ago, Sheeple_Slayer said:

This is what I told myself. he knew english very well and he wrote in chat something like this: "yeah, so the tk penalty system works", like he intentionally run into my torps to see me turning pink.

Most likely or they are dumb as a box of rocks.

[RO-I]
Members
64 posts
1,739 battles
10 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

You did the right thing by trying to communicate to your BB teammate that you fired torps @Sheeple_Slayer , but at the same time, I would consider that a risky shot.

Why? For starters, the path of the friendly BB player takes them right into the path of your torp spread at 5 km out. Second, the player may be oblivious to your messages because they have tunnel vision while engaging with another ship, that enemy BB for example. Edit: Some players turn off battle chat too; so, they might not even see your warnings. Not only that, they might not see the friendly torps. Third, if he or she does see your messages and slows and turns to avoid your torps, he will expose more of his broadside to the enemy BB. You are putting them in between a rock and hard place.

I agree that you didn't mean to teamkill and that the friendly BB player could have slowed down possibly to avoid your torps or worked with you in that situation to help kill the enemy BB, but you cannot always expect players to do that.

So, if a DD player has the opportunity to kill an enemy BB with 1 torp salvo and bring advantage or even victory to his team, he must not do it, because a stupid BB player, almost dead, do not want to cooperate? Then f.ck the BB player, he has no place in this TEAM GAME!

Edited by Sheeple_Slayer
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 6

[LEGIT]
Members
448 posts
6,432 battles
13 minutes ago, Sheeple_Slayer said:

You where 5 km away from your ally bb. Now even if you warn him it will still be hard for the BB to slowdown and turn to avoid your torps. Adding to this BB wouldnt be able to turn because he would expose his broadside and get him killed by the enemy bb. So yeah its DDs fault for not considering this and trying to kill secure no matter what.

Ps. Dont try to hide by the excuse "I shot my torps to kill him so the team can win" cause its obviously not

Edited by KAGA_kaini
  • Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,409 posts
12,057 battles
3 minutes ago, Sheeple_Slayer said:

So, if a DD player has the opportunity to kill an enemy BB with 1 torp salvo and bring advantage or even victory to his team, he must not do it, because a stupid BB player, almost dead, do not want to cooperate?

Once you figure out that you are more intelligent than 90% of all of the people, life seems a lot less stressful.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[RO-I]
Members
64 posts
1,739 battles
1 minute ago, KAGA_kaini said:

You where 5 km away from your ally bb. Now even if you warn him it will still be hard for the BB to slowdown and turn to avoid your torps. Adding to this BB wouldnt be able to turn because he would expose his broadside and get him killed by the enemy bb. So yeah its DDs fault not considering this and trying to kill secure no matter what

BB was behind DD, DD shot torps IN FRONT OF and not AT. And 5 km is a very very sufficient distance to slow or stop a BB (nobody said BB should turn, but just slow or stop, until torps hit enemy BB and /or pass).

[TBW]
Members
6,409 posts
12,057 battles
1 minute ago, False_Premises said:

You and only you are responsible for your torps when you fire them.  Period.

You fire them you own them, that is true. There still are stupid people and people that think it's funny to turn into them on purpose.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,451 posts
8,107 battles

DD - You see him heading toward the enemy ship, meaning you shouldn't shoot. There's the fact that he is likely engaged with that ship the DD is now trying to torp, which means he may not know which DD is saying it will and focused on making sure he does not take pens, get pens on the enemy, and not get rammed by the enemy. There's the fact that that chat colour for friendly chat - not all of us can even read it due to colours, so we can't actually see the warning. And even more importantly you are THAT close in a DD and hit a teammate - it's still dumb as hell to hit a teammate like that at 20 km but how long it takes and all there's at least a certain "Doh" factor but at that range, flat out idiocy to hit a teammate with a torp because you got greedy for a kill and couldn't wait an extra few seconds. There's a chance the teammate is going to sail in the path, it's a risky shot, you don't take it unless you know, 100%, that he will in fact be dead by the time they get there. And even IF they notice the torps, warning, etc, react, and do all possible that means they dodge your torps - it can leave him in a position due to reduced speed or angle change that now an enemy deletes him because he had to dodge that DD's torps - still DD's fault because he forced the BB to dodge. I had others but I forgot them as it's 13:30 in the morning. 

But end of the day, this scenario, not saying the BB might not share some small part of the blame - but it's the DD's fault. I've taken risky shots like that only  a couple times, and one time, with a CV, it hit a nearby team BB who was engaging - my fault despite the fact I warned him off albeit I couldn't call the attack off. A couple with DD's were a BB was in a blindspot so I never saw them and hit them - it's my fault. If you let loose ordnance and it hits a teammate - 98/100 times it is your fault unless they are literally out of the path or safe from them and literally turn into the attack. And in my entire time playing since Alpha I have only seen 2 occasions of that - one was, admittedly, not a great shot on my part with CV planes, but the teammate was between the torps and safe from harm - and then for no reason turned dead right into 2 of them. So that one is a little 50/50. One absolutely not mine, again a CV, I launch an attack on a ship that is dead soon as my planes get to it as well as other teammates shooting at him. and an Allied ship 2 grid squares to the left, sailing parallel course my torps are going, on the other side of an island, sails around it for no reason, warn him multiple times to slow down because there is a chance he will cross my torps path and as he gets to the other side of the island TURNS IN TO THEM. That is something you can't even try and predict because that is like a man in Utah being hit by a car in New York 5 minutes later.

• Cool 1