You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ADM_Zakk_Zero

Anybody know what's up with co-op games ending early when no victory criteria was met?

6 comments in this topic

[TDR]
Members
811 posts
4,250 battles

Frequently people are mentioning it in in-game chat but I am dumbfounded no one has discussed or asked about it in the forum.  At least a few matches per day in co-op battles the game suddenly ends for no reason. Even weirder is that the battle results screen is blank in the space where it's should say "all enemy ships destroyed" or that we won on points, etc.   In each of these cases 1) time did not expire 2) neither team reached 1000 points 3) neither team reached zero points 4) neither flag was captured 5) both teams had ships remaining when the game ended, and 6) as already mentioned the battle results screen does not state why the battle ended right beneath the "Victory!" or "Defeat" message unlike all other battles. I go back to the replays to ensure I haven't missed something and confirm no victory criteria was met.  Most recently a game lasted only 4:38 in which we won with 5 ships surviving, and 2 survived on the bot team. we had 668 points and the bots had about  340 points. It was an A B C capture point game, not a flag one.  I went back and watched the replay twice to make sure, and absolutely none of the criteria was met by either team. I've done that with many of the games and it's a daily occurrence, probably 2-4 times per 20 battles, and frequently people ask in chat if others have also noticed it. I am curious how many others have seen this happen or know anything about it. It only happens in co-op. I'm about to submit a ticket with examples, but want to check to make sure it's not a known issue. I did a forum search for all the tags I used for this post, and was surprised no one else has mentioned it yet. Below I've attached a screenshot with the missing line about why it was a victory. If there was another less-known criteria, I figure it would still tell you.

mystery.jpg

Edited by ADM_Zakk_Zero
  • Cool 1

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

I know that after everyone is dead on the "non-bot" team except for any bots and all living and breathing players have left the game that the game will end. Is it happening when you are still watching the game?

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,014 posts
7,530 battles

It means the bots point counter went to 0. All games end when a team loses all its points.

[TDR]
Members
811 posts
4,250 battles
19 minutes ago, Rpkscout1 said:

I know that after everyone is dead on the "non-bot" team except for any bots and all living and breathing players have left the game that the game will end. Is it happening when you are still watching the game?

Both teams had ships remaining, though. The team scoring screen confirms this.

3 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

It means the bots point counter went to 0. All games end when a team loses all its points.

I know that if a team reaches zero, it ends, but in these instances neither team reached zero.  In these cases ships remain both sides, positive points remain for both teams, no flag points/enemy bases were captured, and time did not run out.  I'd believe there was another criteria, but I don't know what it could be, and it would say in the battle results like it does for all other battles.

[SALVO]
Members
17,156 posts
17,832 battles
15 minutes ago, ADM_Zakk_Zero said:

I know that if a team reaches zero, it ends, but in these instances neither team reached zero.  In these cases ships remain both sides, positive points remain for both teams, no flag points/enemy bases were captured, and time did not run out.  I'd believe there was another criteria, but I don't know what it could be, and it would say in the battle results like it does for all other battles.

But if the friendly ships remaining are only friendly bots, then the friendly team loses.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,014 posts
7,530 battles
3 hours ago, ADM_Zakk_Zero said:

It doesnt always show the teams points run out, as the battle ends the split second it happens.