You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stauffenberg44

WG get your MM shite together, ok?

19 comments in this topic

Members
3,564 posts
6,905 battles

Pre-ordained victory battle are killing this for new players and old salts on here. Refine MM so that obvious potato teams are not being matched against the (far) more talented, producing "done deal" battles, win or lose. These mismatches suck the life out of the game. By my estimate up to 1/3 of the battles I play are up in the air given the distributed talent...  great! I come back for these sorts of battles.the rest are lol-romps one way or the other.

This drives off new players and for the rest of us who love and are committed to this great game, we end up leaving daily battles when we get 4+ losses due to lol romps as we are not into egregious losing steaks no matter how well we play. Hello?

Constructive criticism yes? Focus on your MM battle team selections., Now.

Edited by Stauffenberg44
  • Cool 4

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,663 battles

As angry as you are I actually agree it does suck to get the lame end of teams for a few games in a row and it seems pretty stupid to not try and balance teams out with some sort of skill based MM but what do I know.... but 4 games is nothing man omg I went 13 losses in a row in rank 11 didn't lose a star at least but made a pretty agitating session for sure after 10 teams seem a little better

• Cool 3

Members
3,564 posts
6,905 battles
30 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

As angry as you are I actually agree it does suck to get the lame end of teams for a few games in a row and it seems pretty stupid to not try and balance teams out with some sort of skill based MM but what do I know.... but 4 games is nothing man omg I went 13 losses in a row in rank 11 didn't lose a star at least but made a pretty agitating session for sure after 10 teams seem a little better

I'm not angry actually, I more or less accept it as part of the evolution of this game. They have had their butts in a knot cranking out new ships and missions/campaigns. I understand all the work and playtesting that goes into game design. I get all that and I think they are doing well; however, it's time to focus on MM and they have started, witness the new changes; e.g. getting rid of DD-disparity in cap battles for starters.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,139 posts
17,811 battles
46 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Pre-ordained victory battle are killing this for new players and old salts on here. Refine MM so that obvious potato teams are not being matched against the (far) more talented, producing "done deal" battles, win or lose. These mismatches suck the life out of the game. By my estimate up to 1/3 of the battles I play are up in the air given the distributed talent...  great! I come back for these sorts of battles.the rest are lol-romps one way or the other.

This drives off new players and for the rest of us who love and are committed to this great game, we end up leaving daily battles when we get 4+ losses due to lol romps as we are not into egregious losing steaks no matter how well we play. Hello?

Constructive criticism yes? Focus on your MM battle team selections., Now.

Not all roflsomps are due to talent mismatches.  The snowballing effect can happen when teams are evenly matched.  I will say that SBMM would be nice though.  But unicums would have to adjust their definition of what a unicum level WR was if SBMM's goal was to try to make teams have a roughly 50/50 chance of winning based on a relatively evenly spread distribution of talent.

But I don't see SBMM happening.

Members
3,564 posts
6,905 battles
20 minutes ago, Crucis said:

But I don't see SBMM happening.

I don't either.

t see it happening either but I need to vent.

And the snowball effect is real. Fair.

Edited by Stauffenberg44

Beta Testers
49 posts
8,833 battles

I totally agree with you.  the prebuilt losses are complete crap.  I am no unicum and I admit it.  but when I see the stupid shite that some of these window lickers are doing, it simply makes me wonder how they manage to breath.  Loss after loss after loss.  total [edited].  it's sad war gaming is too fkn LAZY to fix their broken product.  Oh, and speaking of broken products...fire/H.E. spam. 

Hey W/G, explain how a cruiser can burn a BB to death with H.E. shells.  Go on, lets hear your [edited] answer.  I'm waiting...

• Cool 2

[PENND]
Members
5 posts
13,981 battles

dear wargaming  

your match maker is broken it is immpossable for a tier 8 ca to get a fair match 

the tier 8 cannot match the tier 10 ca and bbs it is matched against please fix this type of match making 

• Cool 2

[TF16B]
Modder
676 posts
6,914 battles

I really love this game but this XP mismatch in the MM is becoming a very real problem and it needs to be fixed ASAP. This morning my division mates and I played 4 games and the MM created teams that were so unbalanced, from an XP perspective, that the results were a forgone conclusion. In one match opposing team had two Unicums and 3 above average players versus an average team; result all ships on our team dead in 10-12 mins. with 8 survivors on their team. Next match roles were reversed and our team won in like manner. It’s gotten so bad WG had to create a penalty for players going afk when match was a clear loss. Seems like the better path would be to attack the root cause of the problem, which is to balance XP. The recent changes in the MM are good when it comes to better alignment of ships and tiers but the XP mismatch is a killer problem. Here are just two classic examples taken during 2 out of 4 matches played. Other two were like this in our favor and were romps for our team.

dfhdt0.jpg
o77m2v.jpg

v4y0j9.jpg

Edited by USNA_76

Members
29 posts
1,881 battles

I hope every one of those game developers in st. pete gets aids and lives a misserable life!!!!! Ok trolls you can come out of the woodwork now and defend your lover WG

• Bad 1
  • Angry 2

[BLUMR]
Members
2,049 posts
7,265 battles

Soooooo... can someone please explain how you propose to **fix** MM with such a small player base keeping the queue times under 5minutes while also getting the same tier/ nation boats that wg has been trying to do... oh. Wait... yeh... its impossible.... the only way this will ever happen is if somehow magically the playerbase increased in size at least double, if not triple

Edited by JessieTheKitty

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
937 posts
5,985 battles

Oh wow, skill based match making doesn't have to be a complicated process. You don't need the average winrate of each team be exactly 50% (average of each players winrate in the particular ship being brought). What you do is prevent wild disparities between the average winrates, like each team's avg winrate can't exceed 5% for example. I've seen rounds where one team is 42% and the other team is 55%. Ridiculous.

Plus, less frustrating matching making will help player retention, offsetting a queue time increase. 

Also, I've seen low winrate teams win vs. high win rate teams, but it's rare. I'd always put my money on the higher WR team obviously. But, if the disparity is only 5%, well, it's not a sure bet. That's what it should be aiming to achieve, unsure bet between two teams... Not perfect balance.

Edited by HorrorRoach
  • Cool 2

[TF16B]
Modder
676 posts
6,914 battles
18 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

Oh wow, skill based match making doesn't have to be a complicated process. You don't need the average winrate of each team be exactly 50% (average of each players winrate in the particular ship being brought). What you do is prevent wild disparities between the average winrates, like each team's avg winrate can't exceed 5% for example. I've seen rounds where one team is 42% and the other team is 55%. Ridiculous.

Plus, less frustrating matching making will help player retention, offsetting a queue time increase. 

Also, I've seen low winrate teams win vs. high win rate teams, but it's rare. I'd always put my money on the higher WR team obviously. But, if the disparity is only 5%, well, it's not a sure bet. That's what it should be aiming to achieve, unsure bet between two teams... Not perfect balance.

What he said. I have worked on numerous software development projects and this just isn't rocket science. I can tell you this much, the MM is way broken and it needs to be looked at and looked at until a solution to this problem is found and implemented.

• Cool 1

[90TH]
Members
100 posts
15,963 battles
19 hours ago, BlackKnight_iron said:

I hope every one of those game developers in st. pete gets aids and lives a misserable life!!!!! Ok trolls you can come out of the woodwork now and defend your lover WG

Words of wisdom from Lord Of The Dance clan. Go figure.

Members
2,505 posts
5,500 battles
21 hours ago, BlackKnight_iron said:

You need to stop making statements like that as you are attacking WOWs staff which is against the Forum rules. I would suggest you grow up and become more mature. 

• Cool 1

[BLUMR]
Members
2,049 posts
7,265 battles

God yall are sooo dumb.... there is no way to fix MM without larger base. However they cant get a larger playerbase without better mm. Catch my point? Its a catch 22

• Angry 1

Members
2,505 posts
5,500 battles

I think WOW is going to have to rewrite their MM sorting program to tell you in advance what assortment of Tiers it has put up for play at that present moment. To be practicaly maybe if the Tier roster can be adjusted to lets say +1/-1 levels MM can go with that but with lesser team members on each side. NOW how much less ??...I have been on some equal tier teams but the count was 3x3 LOL!   But that was kinda fun..you really have to work as a team I noticed when that happens. 

• Cool 1

[TF16B]
Modder
676 posts
6,914 battles

Yeah, take a look at this and tell me the MM isn't broken: 5 Unicums and 3 rank 1 players on the same team...is it any surprise we lost and it was a rout?  

11b7ntf.jpg

Edited by USNA_76