You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

Are moron teammates a thing in this game?

69 comments in this topic

Members
363 posts
2,175 battles

I was told, again and again and again and again that it's not my team sucks, but me being unsupportive and need to git gud. But That doesn't seem to explain why I'm constantly the last one standing, doing 80k sometimes 120 k dmg with 2 or 3 sunk, while the red team lost only 3 ships, 2 of which were sunk by me?

5aed0c60762e8_2018-05-0509_41_27-Greenshot.thumb.png.bd12bfc489134fe5ec0b816c3ec88c05.png

Edited by AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 7

[ICBM]
Members
335 posts
5,070 battles

This is a game. Its for fun. Calling people morons is really out of place. Are there people who arent as good as you, probably. Are there people better than you, probably. This does not give them the right to call you a moron or you to call people who are not as good as you a moron. Sometimes people screw up, or have bad games, or miss something. Sometimes they just don't have the understanding that you do. Either way, try to exercise some self control and make the community a better place instead of tearing people down. 

• Cool 7
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 8

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles

It is because you have not yet activated Windows

It's easy to be the last one standing, when you stand at the back of the map the entire match doing nothing, I'm not saying the OP, but that's how you do it, glad there isn't a reward for that, unless you get solo warrior.

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Members
983 posts
7,997 battles

Ive won 9 outta 10 so far today. It's just random, unless you are doing clan battles. Play the best you can and move on to the next game or take a break.

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles

Damn fine game in a tier 6 BB, I've posted this before and I'll do it again. in any given game of 24 players, 3 are very good, 6 are drunk, 7 are high, 5 suck, 2 have their wives yelling at them for playing to much and one is afk. the game is maddening at times when you get a string of chumps on your team.

See the source image

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
352 posts
5,155 battles
Just now, mrieder79 said:

This is a game. Its for fun. Calling people morons is really out of place. Are there people who arent as good as you, probably. Are there people better than you, probably. This does not give them the right to call you a moron or you to call people who are not as good as you a moron. Sometimes people screw up, or have bad games, or miss something. Sometimes they just don't have the understanding that you do. Either way, try to exercise some self control and make the community a better place instead of tearing people down. 

I want to agree with you, but I just got out of a match where our team went in a big lemming train to the far west edge of the map and left just a couple of us to defend the other side.  Even after pointing it out, they continued to sail along their merry way only to die one by one.

When things like that happen, it's hard to stay positive and not think there are genuine morons playing the game.

• Cool 1

[ARP2]
Members
1,243 posts
3,569 battles

Keep in mind, about 50% of people have below average intelligence.  Plan accordingly.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ICBM]
Members
335 posts
5,070 battles
5 minutes ago, Deno said:

I want to agree with you, but I just got out of a match where our team went in a big lemming train to the far west edge of the map and left just a couple of us to defend the other side.  Even after pointing it out, they continued to sail along their merry way only to die one by one.

When things like that happen, it's hard to stay positive and not think there are genuine morons playing the game.

You are correct. People make mistakes and poor decisions all the time. I make my fair share, for sure. Heck, even good players have bad games. I just think that human dignity is more important that winning a video game. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles
8 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

Actually I agree with him, at least his emotions reacting to egregiously bad play on teams that doom you to fail. Feel the frustration. It's a BIG problem right now as MM doesn't care about pushing potato teams against teams with obvious talent. You win some, you lose some, fine. But it gets frustrating to waste 8-14 mins on a done deal lose team battle and I hear the OP on this, I just don't call them morons here (just in battle to be honest).

[WOLF3]
Members
16,048 posts
14,440 battles

With your own stats bleeding in the red OP, you have a lot of gall to be calling other players morons.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 2

Members
411 posts

So you've never played a multiplayer online game ever before. Looking at your profile, you're nothing special either.

The quicker you accept that the only thing to do is improving yourself, the better your games will be.

Being friendly with a bunch of players that are good at the game helps too. Don't sound like the friendly type, though.

[FDK]
Members
1,078 posts
6,157 battles

What can I say?   lot of camping noobs playing ranked.

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
10,438 battles

@OP Without trying to get too personal, we tend to remember our best games, and ignore our typically poor games.  A brief look at your overalls is kind of revealing; 91 games in the Bayern, and you haven't cracked 30k average damage yet.  Server average for everybody is about 44k, with decent players doing 54k average damage.  You might feel you are in a position to call people morons because you had an outlier game for you of 83k damage, but the reality is that you are doing between 20-40k damage a match - and that's not very good.

We all go through teams that are not good, those who have learned to excel just focus on finishing well and moving on, name calling is not going to magically inspire better team play, better off trying to carry harder.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles
6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

With your own stats bleeding in the red OP, you have a lot of gall to be calling other players morons.

Stat-shaming shame on you. Go back to WoT mayhaps?

He has a point and his stats don't matter. Period.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
10,438 battles
3 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Welp, this isn't going any place productive.

Rierq6U.gif

Why say that?

I understand his frustration, as do others - we are just counseling him to look inward and not blame others.

If you ever had to counsel someone about their performance at a job, it helps to bring up objective information - The job requires you to type 45 wpm and you are currently only typing 29 wpm, you need to increase your rate of words typed to meet the standard.  If you just subjectively say "You type to slow, you need to become a better typist - the employee can later claim, an increase in words typed from 29 to 32 - proving he/she is now a good typist - when they clearly are still below the acceptable level.  So it's not stat shaming when you bring up performance standards unless you are derogatory about that performance.

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles
8 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Why say that?

I understand his frustration, as do others - we are just counseling him to look inward and not blame others.

He may have been off the beam doing that here but be honest? SO many games are lost by inept play it boggles the mind, especially on weekends. Really stupid game-killing stuff even at high tier. It's a major problem for WG working to make MM better so that you don't have total potato teams getting rolled over by better teams because they refuse to set up MM to balance WR (on the ship not overall WR) for teams. Losing streaks kill the enjoyment of this, and hey, I don't mind losing if the battle is a fair match at all. Total stomp lol-wins are a waste of time either way.

MM can do better than this.

Edited by Stauffenberg44
  • Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,214 battles

I find that being the last man standing in a battleship is actually often indicative of poor play. Battleships should have high average damage, high potential damage taken, and in my opinion, a pretty high death rate. Battleships are called battleships because they belong in battle and pushing the battle forward is a hazardous endeavor. If you do it right, you end up with high damage, lots of damage tanked, lots of kills, good win percentage in that ship, but also a high rate of being killed.

• Cool 2

[DDM_]
Members
1,052 posts
3,554 battles

The number of moron players directly correlates with the number of moron forum posters. Usually they'll do something moronic in the game and then come to the forums and post something moronic blaming their team for their moronic loss. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[SYN]
Members
14,439 posts
10,418 battles

I can't play at 100% peak efficiency 100% of the time

[WOLF3]
Members
16,048 posts
14,440 battles
40 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Stat-shaming shame on you. Go back to WoT mayhaps?

He has a point and his stats don't matter. Period.

LOL but it's the freaking truth!  You got a Potato mad at other Potatoes for being Potatoes! :Smile_teethhappy:

:cap_like:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[TCANS]
Beta Testers
127 posts
870 battles

You know...if you're not finding the game fun....

If only there were some way to close out of the game, once opened, so that a person could find something else to do they enjoyed more....

• Funny 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,562 battles
1 hour ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

I was told, again and again and again and again that it's not my team sucks, but me being unsupportive and need to git gud. But That doesn't seem to explain why I'm constantly the last one standing, doing 80k sometimes 120 k dmg with 2 or 3 sunk, while the red team lost only 3 ships, 2 of which were sunk by me?

5aed0c60762e8_2018-05-0509_41_27-Greenshot.thumb.png.bd12bfc489134fe5ec0b816c3ec88c05.png

but how much did ya tank??? was it less than any of those damage totals???  remember your HP and armor are what saves your mates more often than your guns

• Cool 1

[5D5]
Members
2,281 posts
14,311 battles
8 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

LOL but it's the freaking truth!  You got a Potato mad at other Potatoes for being Potatoes! :Smile_teethhappy:

:cap_like:

Totally agree, his average damage is so bad in most ships that the results above are nowhere near consistent enough where he should be calling anyone out still.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[5D5]
Members
2,281 posts
14,311 battles
Just now, GuntherPrein said:

but how much did ya tank??? was it less than any of those damage totals???  remember your HP and armor are what saves your mates more often than your guns

He only had 12 secondary hits in a Bayern so I doubt it was very high.