Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
verkhne

Power Failure Pink ??

7 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
256 posts
5,937 battles

So had just started a battle in my Scharnhorst on Two Brothers, then a wind storm we were having locally knocked out power. I could not restart the PC until long after the battle was over. Apparently it was a victory (good for team! down a ship) I was neither downvoted (again ty team) and didn't become pink! Is there some forgiveness in the system for an AFK game? I was driving at speed to one of the centre island edges on that map..did my secondaries save me from pink? I have no way to tell of course..

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles

You moved and your secondaries probably went off so I did not consider you afk

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
763 posts
5,951 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

You moved and your secondaries probably went off so I did not consider you afk

If you look at a ship that appears to be afk but its guns are still pointing straight forward and back, that's a clear indication that the player hasn't loaded in yet. Consequently, I believe the system is able to determine if a player is connected and/or loaded versus truly afk. In your case, you loaded in, moved your ship and then disconnected, no fault of your own. Thankfully, your case should serve as an example that a player shouldn't be punished for a disconnect. Carry on mate. 

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles
3 hours ago, verkhne said:

I was driving at speed to one of the centre island edges on that map.

1 hour ago, Bronco said:

If you look at a ship that appears to be afk but its guns are still pointing straight forward and back, that's a clear indication that the player hasn't loaded in yet. Consequently, I believe the system is able to determine if a player is connected and/or loaded versus truly afk. In your case, you loaded in, moved your ship and then disconnected, no fault of your own. Thankfully, your case should serve as an example that a player shouldn't be punished for a disconnect. Carry on mate. 

I do not know why you quoted me, but if you read his post you can see he said he was in the game (insert top quote) but then got dc'd

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
763 posts
5,951 battles
3 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I do not know why you quoted me, but if you read his post you can see he said he was in the game (insert top quote) but then got dc'd

We're both saying the same thing. Anyone who has played more than a 1000 battles knows the difference between afk and disconnect/not loaded. I simply tried to expand on your statement. Not sure why you are being so defensive.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles
1 minute ago, Bronco said:

We're both saying the same thing. Anyone who has played more than a 1000 battles knows the difference between afk and disconnect/not loaded. I simply tried to expand on your statement. Not sure why you are being so defensive.

Not defensive, more about the new penalty system for detecting afk and turning you pink, (soz it did come across the wrong way)

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
763 posts
5,951 battles
16 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Not defensive, more about the new penalty system for detecting afk and turning you pink, (soz it did come across the wrong way)

All good mate. 

Sign in to follow this