You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Finished Mission and got my Russian 10pt Capt thanks WG... BUT...

52 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,795 posts
10,567 battles

1st off thank you WG'ing for another mission that gives a unique Capt among other goodies (got 5K Free XP from the container). 2 :Smile_great::Smile_great:

BUT... :Smile_smile:...

1. PLEASE no more missions where you have to kill ships of a specific nation(s) while using ships of another specific nation. Everyone is running the ships they have to so they can complete the mission but in doing so you end up with game after game after game where there are no ships of the target nations you need to kill OR maybe 1 and then everyone goes nuts trying to kill it and ignore objectives and commons sense. I don't know how many games I went without seeing a German or Japanese ship at all never mind just 1 or 2. 
  2. NO MORE must play Russian ships for a mission for a long time please LOL. Man I am some sick of playing Molotov, Kutuzov, and Chapayev now LOL.

Seriously, thanks again. Excellent rewards for the mission.

• Cool 9

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles
8 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

PLEASE no more missions where you have to kill ships of a specific nation(s) while using ships of another specific nation. Everyone is running the ships they have to so they can complete the mission but in doing so you end up with game after game after game where there are no ships of the target nations you need to kill OR maybe 1 and then everyone goes nuts trying to kill it and ignore objectives and commons sense. I don't know how many games I went without seeing a German or Japanese ship at all never mind just 1 or 2. 

Meta changing missions suck, when will WG figure this out.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,568 posts
25,660 battles

It's an excellent mission, I think. The IJN/German requirement was enough of a twist that ppl found it not easy.

• Bad 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
420 posts
12,951 battles

First congrats AdmiralThunder.  I haven't started yet (its that work thing.)

Unfortunately you're going to have to endure it again in about 2 weeks when the Franz Jutland missions start (Part 1: deal 50K damage to USN, and VMF ships.)

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,795 posts
10,567 battles
3 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Unfortunately you're going to have to endure it again in about 2 weeks when the Franz Jutland missions start (Part 1: deal 50K damage to USN, and VMF ships.)

:Smile_ohmy::Smile_hiding::Smile_ohmy:

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

Finished Mission and got my Russian 10pt Capt thanks WG... BUT...

and its a big Butt.

Butt yeah...I agree.  Nation specific damage is just a way of drawing out the agony.  If they do it, it would be nice to have mirror missions to encourage folks to drive ships that meet the damage requirements for the other mission.

So like if one mission is "do X amount of damage to Japanese Ships"  the mirror is obviously "While driving a Japanese Ship do X amount of damage for Y prize".

easy peasy lemon squeezy

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
9 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

Nation specific damage is just a way of drawing out the agony.

Agree; this mission was ill conceived and poorly thought out.

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,320 battles
7 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

and its a big Butt.

Butt yeah...I agree.  Nation specific damage is just a way of drawing out the agony.  If they do it, it would be nice to have mirror missions to encourage folks to drive ships that meet the damage requirements for the other mission.

So like if one mission is "do X amount of damage to Japanese Ships"  the mirror is obviously "While driving a Japanese Ship do X amount of damage for Y prize".

easy peasy lemon squeezy

Such an easy solution but here we are. It's a good idea. They should make it "nation vs nation" events based on historical battles.  Like the Bismarck and Hood, do damage to British/German ships in the opposite ship and get a commander for both nations when it's complete.

Also, on a side note, I complete a lot of missions in scenarios when possible. Oh you want me to kill 3 Japanese ships, Operation raptor rescue is against solely Japanese opponents.

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles

Gratz Thunder! I still plugging away at trying to kill 3 German ships..... Is the captain special or just an ordinary 10 pointer? Not going to bother for a regular one, have plenty in reserve that are better. Besides with a 200% bonus on first win and the free 24 hours of premium time, makes more sense to grind individual ships than the same old ones over and over and over and over.. I start a match and if there isn't any IJN or German ships, just sit at spawn, it is tiresome. Oddly enough when I do that, I still manage to get in the top 5. Got lots of PvP players doing weird things in a match. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,174 posts
18,873 battles

Gratz!

But this kind of missions will come back with the new campaign.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,044 posts
6,722 battles
36 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

at least its getting damage and not kills, getting damage on certain ships is easier than getting kills 

Edited by tcbaker777

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles

Hmm now that I think of it I probably need to run my Full Secondary Build Bismarck a lot this weekend...

If enemy is in a frenzy trying to kill German ships I will make things like that one weekend where I was a Corgi and enemy went into a feeding Frenzy to kill me and if they ever managed to accomplish this they did so after having to sail over their sinking comrades.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,252 posts
8,578 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

PLEASE no more missions where you have to kill ships of a specific nation(s) while using ships of another specific nation. Everyone is running the ships they have to so they can complete the mission but in doing so you end up with game after game after game where there are no ships of the target nations you need to kill OR maybe 1 and then everyone goes nuts trying to kill it and ignore objectives and commons sense. I don't know how many games I went without seeing a German or Japanese ship at all never mind just 1 or 2. 

Yes, please no more of these, these are very very very annoying.

Edited by pikohan

[WOLF1]
Members
2,015 posts
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

1st off thank you WG'ing for another mission that gives a unique Capt among other goodies (got 5K Free XP from the container). 2 :Smile_great::Smile_great:

BUT... :Smile_smile:...

1. PLEASE no more missions where you have to kill ships of a specific nation(s) while using ships of another specific nation. Everyone is running the ships they have to so they can complete the mission but in doing so you end up with game after game after game where there are no ships of the target nations you need to kill OR maybe 1 and then everyone goes nuts trying to kill it and ignore objectives and commons sense. I don't know how many games I went without seeing a German or Japanese ship at all never mind just 1 or 2. 
  2. NO MORE must play Russian ships for a mission for a long time please LOL. Man I am some sick of playing Molotov, Kutuzov, and Chapayev now LOL.

Seriously, thanks again. Excellent rewards for the mission.

i support this, the games went nuts totally, i was trying to kill that japanese/german ship and forget all about the game itself, it's stupid design

• Cool 1

[PNP]
Beta Testers
886 posts
17,238 battles

I got mine a little while ago, finished mission in 1 day so the requirements where not bad, I just played the required ships and not worried about what had to be completed,  I think you try too hard and mess up when you are targeting one type of ship, just play the game , help your team win and it all will work out,   now I got to figure out where to put him,  anybody have any ideas on a good ship to put him  in

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles

The mission is pretty rage inducing. Nothing more annoying than just having one German ship in a match and you spend your time hunting for it. Course then the other 4 Russian ships on your team are doing the same thing. Anyways the new penalty system isn't working right. I hold my fire until I get in range of what I am hunting, ignoring everything else, and if someone else kills the German ship, I just leave the match. Still haven't turned pink. I had to laugh, one match I actually earned 19 credits and maybe fired 2 salvos. I suppose I need to make some hoops as annoying as this mission is, if Wargaming ever wants my money. So sick of playing Russian ships that I probably will sell my tech tree crap and be done with them. 

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts

It's really not that bad but everyone seems to expect to finish as soon as it's released. Just chill. If you want to get it faster, get a division and do ops that have the opposing ships you need. You only need 3 of each.

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

It's really not that bad but everyone seems to expect to finish as soon as it's released. Just chill. If you want to get it faster, get a division and do ops that have the opposing ships you need. You only need 3 of each.

Yeah divisions are the way to go for sure. I think the thing that annoys me the most is there is a +200% xp first win bonus going and free premium time yet I am stuck playing the same ships over and over again. It is annoying. A better mission would have been to be in an Allied ship sinking an Axis ship and start it at tier 5, not 6. But I suppose the Russian navy was pretty important during WW2, needs to be honored for their glorious service because the Japanese and German navies would have run amok without the Russian ships doing their thing... 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah divisions are the way to go for sure. I think the thing that annoys me the most is there is a +200% xp first win bonus going and free premium time yet I am stuck playing the same ships over and over again. It is annoying. A better mission would have been to be in an Allied ship sinking an Axis ship and start it at tier 5, not 6. But I suppose the Russian navy was pretty important during WW2, needs to be honored for their glorious service because the Japanese and German navies would have run amok without the Russian ships doing their thing... 

Play what you want and then come back to the mission in a few days when not as many people are trying to do it. This happens every time a new mission is released. At least I find this approach less annoying lol.

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles
8 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Play what you want and then come back to the mission in a few days when not as many people are trying to do it. This happens every time a new mission is released. At least I find this approach less annoying lol.

I will do that, just rage quit another match and decided to come to the forums to blow off steam. I had to laugh because on Reddit,  there is a great thread on this matter that is far more colorful than anything here. Seems I am not the only annoyed player. Honestly was hoping to be done with the mission early so I could take my German and IJN ships into Coop so at least the other players would have something to shoot at and I could cycle thru all my premium ships with my 19 point captains for those two nations. Seemed a logical thing to do, everyone wins. 

BTW for anyone annoyed like I am about the mission, this is a great humor site that will cheer you up:

http://twistedsifter.com/category/shirk-report/

Edited by Taylor3006

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,664 posts
3,815 battles

Hm these mission can be done rather easily if you play operations such as Defense of Naval Base Newport as it features both German and Japanese ships, should be doable to do it in one go if not 2 games. Doesn't seem so bad when you look at it this way.

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

Someone pointed out that the Raptor Rescue Scenario has IJN ships as the OpFor. Made that piece of the requirement much easier. Got them in one game.

My new Russian Captain was piped aboard the Varyag earlier this evening. Thanks for the ship and Captain WG!

Members
28 posts
1,415 battles

I agree.  I'm at the point I need the 3 IJN and KM kills, but last 2 games were all Russian ships with a few USN in the mix.  Just going to wait for the off hours in coop when player population dies and it is mostly bots. 

[TNG-D]
[TNG-D]
Members
348 posts
8,784 battles

I need one friggin German ship. ONE!! /ShakesFistInAir

[SHAN]
Beta Testers
327 posts

Lots of PvP mains ducking into PvE. Lots of "don't shoot x ship or x ship because those are mine." I ask, "why don't you stay in PvP where there are more ships to shoot at?" They reply "Missions are a pain. Make sure you leave my ships alone." 

Cirran