You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Stauffenberg44

Friday and the slings and arrows of outrageous MM fortune

16 comments in this topic

Members
3,563 posts
6,886 battles

So 200% Friday was one long painful losing streak--anyone else?

Seriously, not whining. I am a veteran with losing streaks, a pro, employing zen to step back and *shrug, knowing the statistics of my +50% WR will kick in and save me... eventually. Maybe tomorrow!

OK maybe Sunday...

Anyone else suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous MM fortune?

[Winning streaks nm, nothing to see here, move along]

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles

Yesterday in Operations the MM hated me, maybe it will be better now. I'll let you know if it's going bad, if ya don't hear from me I am on a winning streak. On a side note I bought the Asashio yesterday, I will probably give her a try next month.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
3,563 posts
6,886 battles
9 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Yesterday in Operations the MM hated me, maybe it will be better now. I'll let you know if it's going bad, if ya don't hear from me I am on a winning streak. On a side note I bought the Asashio yesterday, I will probably give her a try next month.

I love that little monster. My first battle in her:

5aecfab6cea25_Asashio130k.jpg.5e42b5cb6ff84e006ca81d7d2e22c20a.jpg

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,265 posts
17,288 battles
7 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

First time out with Normandie in Raptor the team five starred... When I played it again last night it seemed like nobody knew what they were doing, or were just screwing around, (one team had a four-player division with TWO Huanghes, another where an idiot in a Bayern spent the whole match spamming the AA f-key, and shooting at allies, and a third where our Ryujo managed to die to that Furutaka or the first Minekaze. A Shinonome and I won that one by the skin of our teeth; three guesses how the Huanghe game ended, and the first two don’t count.)

One game, that entire last group decided to chase my Normandie; HE falling like rain, until I managed to get behind a rock. Guess that was okay, because the Raptor was behind that second rock, less than 5-10k away most of the chase, bombing the heck out of them because they were so close. Came back around and ruthlessly nuked the dead rat floating in a water bottle for three months DF using Aoba then the Kongo, while allies finished the rest.

• Cool 1

Members
3,563 posts
6,886 battles
53 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Yep, five loses in a row today until I finally got that first win.  

Yeah that's a feeling isn't it?

Members
3,563 posts
6,886 battles
47 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

First time out with Normandie in Raptor the team five starred... When I played it again last night it seemed like nobody knew what they were doing, or were just screwing around, (one team had a four-player division with TWO Huanghes, another where an idiot in a Bayern spent the whole match spamming the AA f-key, and shooting at allies, and a third where our Ryujo managed to die to that Furutaka or the first Minekaze. A Shinonome and I won that one by the skin of our teeth; three guesses how the Huanghe game ended, and the first two don’t count.)

One game, that entire last group decided to chase my Normandie; HE falling like rain, until I managed to get behind a rock. Guess that was okay, because the Raptor was behind that second rock, less than 5-10k away most of the chase, bombing the heck out of them because they were so close. Came back around and ruthlessly nuked the dead rat floating in a water bottle for three months DF using Aoba then the Kongo, while allies finished the rest.

lol +1 even not understanding that entirely!

Members
4,555 posts
6,481 battles

I have said it many times before....weekends are a dice roll.  You can win big or lose big. You can have a GREAT game...lose.  You can play like crap...win. Weekends bring the clan buddies clubbers out.  Divisions.  It's no secret. You not on that team in random?  May God have mercy for they will have none.

Members
3,563 posts
6,886 battles
3 minutes ago, dmckay said:

You not on that team in random?  May God have mercy for they will have none.

"Hit me!" said the masochist.

"...No" said the sadist.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[RLGN]
Members
8,265 posts
17,288 battles
13 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

lol +1 even not understanding that entirely!

Had a friend in Califorinia who lived in/ran an offset printing business in one of the cookie cutter concrete business blocks that look like a ustoreit facility.

One day we were cleaning out the storage area next to the overhead door, and found a dead rat floating in a half-filled, 2-1/2 gallon water cooler water bottle. Even the words would be pixelated if I tried to describe what that looked/smelled like...

As a carrier driver; I consider the heavy-handed application of Defensive Fire, in pretty much all the Ops, to be that level of foul. 

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[RLGN]
Members
8,265 posts
17,288 battles
11 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

"...No" said the sadist.

lol

An old joke, but still a good one! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Members
4,555 posts
6,481 battles
28 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

"...No" said the sadist.

Just tried 1 game in random. Played tier 3 Bogatyr. LOSE. Utter BB failure.  TWO actually moved back sooo far behind OUR cap that they got hung up on the back border line. No kidding.  They could not move...heh.  Killed easily.  We were not doing bad (was even) but they were outta the game. Just no support from them and they hit nothing.....zero. That's it for me in WoWs tonight.  1 game 1 utter stupid lose. Friday night...can be just a dice roll. Sometimes.

Oh I forgot.  Told them BBs to move up...politely. Got back...."F-u don't care". Not kidding.:Smile_teethhappy: Gotta laugh. 

Members
4,555 posts
6,481 battles
24 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

lol, Been there done that.

Well I could not believe they were "sniping" from 20K (well I do believe THAT) but then when reds pressured them they ran to BACK of back border and both got stuck.  STUCK! Had to laugh. Well, tier 3, Friday nite. Spiffy new BB's and I guess I understand. They will learn. Just gotta roll with it. Hell I got little room to judge. I don't like being F-bombed from these types however.  They did not give a crap. Just fight is all I want.  You don't have to be great but don't run in a powerful BB. We cruisers and DDs had it even.  Could have been won. But NOOOOOO. :Smile_facepalm: Defeat snatched from jaws of victory.  Carry on mate.

Edited by dmckay

[1NJS]
Members
322 posts
6,039 battles

My worst day was yesterday, i was about to hit Rank 6 but lost all my stars and lost rank 7 and i almost lose my rank 8 too, but got all my stars back, i had to work hard. But to day i had 4 wins in a row and got my rank 6, i will try to hit rank 5 tomorrow (Sunday). Btw, you guys never going to see me going AFK or Teamkiller in Ranked, i always take  seriously Ranked, and some players need to do better there, especially the Destroyers, most of them are terrible in the front line.  Don't forget to always play as team and support your DDs!!! You have to support your DDs all the time if you want to win.

giphy.gif