You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PinkoCommieScumbag

Quality of play in ranked worsens as I progress

31 comments in this topic

Members
44 posts
849 battles

Hello, I just made my way to Rank 10 this season and have been playing games in this league. I am not understanding the problem, but the quality of the players has been significantly worse in this league than in the previous. I am very surprised by this because I would expect players with tier 10 ships to be better than lower tier players and because last season I experienced much better quality matches as I progressed to higher leagues. I don't understand why, but in the Rank 10 league, I am witnessing many players playing poorly and have confusingly low percentages of games won. Why are there better players in the lower leagues this time in ranked?

Members
567 posts
75 battles
15 minutes ago, PinkoCommieScumbag said:

Hello, I just made my way to Rank 10 this season and have been playing games in this league. I am not understanding the problem, but the quality of the players has been significantly worse in this league than in the previous. I am very surprised by this because I would expect players with tier 10 ships to be better than lower tier players and because last season I experienced much better quality matches as I progressed to higher leagues. I don't understand why, but in the Rank 10 league, I am witnessing many players playing poorly and have confusingly low percentages of games won. Why are there better players in the lower leagues this time in ranked?

Shouldn't be a problem for you, it should make it that much easier to keep your star by finishing first.  Unless you're posting on the forums using someone else's reroll account.

Members
44 posts
849 battles
1 minute ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

Shouldn't be a problem for you, it should make it that much easier to keep your star by finishing first. 

Sometimes, yes. Not everyone plays poorly on the team but usually one or two. Also it is better to win the matches and win stars instead of losing the matches and trying to keep them. What is the bigger problem instead of the stars is the quality of the matches are less.

Members
1 post
8,321 battles

tier VIII does not equal tier X strategy and playability...who decided on playing 8 first then tier 10 and rank 10?

[RKLES]
Members
7,198 posts
8,955 battles
2 minutes ago, BadLuck007 said:

tier VIII does not equal tier X strategy and playability...who decided on playing 8 first then tier 10 and rank 10?

Wargaming and their Russian Dev team more than likely lol. If it was NA team I would think they would have known better, or at least would hope they would know better about how it was mistake to do it.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
54 minutes ago, firemedic1428 said:

Three words. Irrevocable Rank 10

for brevity sake can this be reduced to two words?

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
56 minutes ago, PinkoCommieScumbag said:

I wondering if the phenomena is more aptly described as: The level of frustration with ranked is directly proportional to how many days you have been playing ranked?  

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles
4 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

for brevity sake can this be reduced to two words?

Three 10

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
1 hour ago, PinkoCommieScumbag said:

I've been having the opposite experience so far. I hit rank 10 like an hour ago and I'm 9 now and most teams have been actively communicating. Some of the matches have been very close but it's miles better than it was sub-10. That was so frustrating I quit multiple times for the day.

[RKLES]
Members
7,198 posts
8,955 battles

I can just smile and laugh since I quickly reached Rank 10 and got all the rewards Rank 10 and below. Trying to Rank out is hard enough without the stress of it being Tier X being added on top of everything.

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles

I think time of day has a lot to do with it. Just like random weekday vs Randoms on a holiday weekend

• Cool 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
6 minutes ago, firemedic1428 said:

Three 10

that's a number and a word...so bonus...you win a cookie by taking 3 and making it 1.

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles

I was a swabbie, so I’m still tying to learn the difference between the two.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,569 battles
1 hour ago, PinkoCommieScumbag said:

It really is luck of the draw so far just goofing around in my 4th ranked season started at 16 and sailed on through to 12 were I’ve been bouncing to 13 back to 12 a few times.. I always stop at 10 when the flags dry up.. they don’t call ranked the big grind for nothing.. 

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
4 minutes ago, firemedic1428 said:

I was a swabbie, so I’m still tying to learn the difference between the two.

well thats to bad.  I drove a tank in the general's rank when the blitzkrieg ragged and the bodies stank.  Well not really during any blitzkriegs.  I played army in the 80's when life was pretty peaceful and the only wars we had were with thrown tracks -- in the mud -- while it was snowing -- up hill.    

Members
567 posts
75 battles
58 minutes ago, PinkoCommieScumbag said:

Sometimes, yes. Not everyone plays poorly on the team but usually one or two. Also it is better to win the matches and win stars instead of losing the matches and trying to keep them. What is the bigger problem instead of the stars is the quality of the matches are less.

Defense is 50% / offense is the other 50%.  That's true in any sport or combat competition.  Defense is preserving your star when you are on a team that will lose no matter how insanely super unicum you are.  In ranked, due to the format, you are competing just as much with the green players as you are with the red players.  If you were playing with the same folks after the next match it would be different, but you're not.  You are all equally clawing over each other to get up the ladder.  If you have an offense only frame of mind, you are going to take far longer to rank out.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,208 battles

Well... more you care for ranked more atention you give to small details and other people playing...

Its not about become worse, is about both teans become better and its become hard to carry.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
3 minutes ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

Defense is 50% / offense is the other 50%.  That's true in any sport or combat competition.  Defense is preserving your star when you are on a team that will lose no matter how insanely super unicum you are.  In ranked, due to the format, you are competing just as much with the green players as you are with the red players.  If you were playing with the same folks after the next match it would be different, but you're not.  You are all equally clawing over each other to get up the ladder.  If you have an offense only frame of mind, you are going to take far longer to rank out.

just meandering here...but I have to say -- the best defense is actually a -- uhhhh -- good defense.  the old adage we all wanna jump on like a live grenade has actually been distorted over time.  It's obviously very situational when an offensive posture represents a better course of action than a good defense.  Sorry...carry on.     

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,322 battles
27 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Well... more you care for ranked more atention you give to small details and other people playing...

Its not about become worse, is about both teans become better and its become hard to carry.

Yes, this is what I like and was looking for, it's not how this seaosn is playing out. I am seeing more players performing like garabge in Rank 10 than from the third league. There are many players with below average winrates than the past seasons. It isn't that the difficulty has increased because of better players, it is more difficult because there are more potatoes stuck in the R10-R6 league

This is what happens when the make R10 irrevocable.

Edited by Ju87s

Members
3,468 posts
6,165 battles

I have played in 4 ranked seasons and every other one was good.  The last season I got to Rank 9 and I stopped.  Ran my Bismark and did pretty well.  This  year - nope, nada, bad.  Switched to the Prinz and got to 13 and then went right back.  Difference between this ranked and last for me was the entire team would go to the caps and now everyone wants to split up.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,322 battles
1 minute ago, CylonRed said:

I have played in 4 ranked seasons and every other one was good.  The last season I got to Rank 9 and I stopped.  Ran my Bismark and did pretty well.  This  year - nope, nada, bad.  Switched to the Prinz and got to 13 and then went right back.  Difference between this ranked and last for me was the entire team would go to the caps and now everyone wants to split up.

The caps are set up differently this season. I think it's a change for the better. Much less of a campfest

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
1 hour ago, firemedic1428 said:

I think time of day has a lot to do with it. Just like random weekday vs Randoms on a holiday weekend

There is a lot more to this than most realize. I worked hard all week and am going b-deep into my twelve pack tonight, prob play some ranked, go 50% and get chat banned. Play when people like me aren't on.

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles
2 hours ago, PinkoCommieScumbag said:

I do not know how long it has been but I find the quality of play throughout the game as worse than when I started playing. Just try and get your own enjoyment in the good games you have. 

Members
1,316 posts
501 battles

how exactly did your name NOT get changed.... I have seen LESS worse get the hammer... 

there was a post a few days back where a Hentai_something named guy ranted about getting a strike and name change...

weird..

nHHbTv3.gif