You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BB3_Oregon_Steel

Suggestion to Improve Clan Communications

10 comments in this topic

[LHG]
Members
1,659 posts
4,931 battles

One thing I've noticed about clan communications is that it is very difficult to communicate general information to your clan as a whole or even a select individual.  You can set up a website and you can use the IM chat system within WOWS to send a message to individual clan members one at a time (though the message will often be erased before a clan member sees it).  We can use these systems to communication with some clan members some of the time but that is a poor substitute to being able to communicate to all of them all at once. 

What I'd like to propose is a system run from the clan tab in game.  This system would allow a commander to select either all of the clan members or just certain clan members by using the check box system already in place and then allow them to compose a message to send out all at once (keeping me from typing in the same message 30 times knowing that it will disappear from some members chat boxes before they see it) and that this message would go directly to the clan members listed email box forming a permanent record which even a fairly inactive clan member will likely eventually read.  It would probably be a decent idea to send them an IM through the chat system as well but honestly, almost anything would be an improvement here.  

Also if there is a way to do this that I just haven't stumbled across yet, I would appreciate it if you could let me know how to get this done. 

Thanks!!! :Smile_honoring:

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel
  • Cool 1

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,731 posts
4,763 battles

Doubt it would be anytime soon that it was implemented into game.  Personally I barely notice the IM tabs in game :(  Have you looked into Discord at all?  Popular messenger program that runs in the background. 

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,333 posts
10,761 battles

Discord can accommodate these types of communications... both in the Text Channels using the "@" function... or in direct messages to individuals or groups!  

TSG4 uses it in exactly the same way that the OP suggests by having various direct message "groups" set-up.  We use it very heavily in conjunction with our OpServ (Operations Server Website).

597b9c75ccb42_TacticalStrikeGroup4(250x245).png.231b8d6e92fe7c3a639a78e7b93bc897.png

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,047 posts
10,497 battles
6 minutes ago, Nocona said:

Discord can accommodate these types of communications... both in the Text Channels using the "@" function... or in direct messages to individuals or groups!  

Our clan has great success in communicating to one another and in group form using Discord.  It is easy to use, and the permissions for users are not super difficult to set up. We normally have 5-6 guys chatting on our discord via  app from their phones during the day.  The upside is that your members don't even have to be in the game or on their PC to communicate with one another, just use the Discord app on their phones.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,333 posts
10,761 battles
1 minute ago, BiggieD61 said:

Our clan has great success in communicating to one another and in group form using Discord.  It is easy to use, and the permissions for users are not super difficult to set up. We normally have 5-6 guys chatting on our discord via  app from their phones during the day.  The upside is that your members don't even have to be in the game or on their PC to communicate with one another, just use the Discord app on their phones.

Yep.... That, too!!   :cap_cool:

[LHG]
Members
1,659 posts
4,931 battles

Thanks everyone.  I'll see what can be done with that and much appreciated. 

1,266 posts
13 battles

Thanks so much for your suggestion! In the meantime, I definitely agree with trying out Discord. As others have stated, I'm sure you'll enjoy its features. 

[DPG]
Members
146 posts
8,211 battles

I very much agree - It shouldn't be that difficult for WG to support clan play and organization better - The example of the check the boxes of the members you want to message - Clan battle participants for example and send a single message to a 'mail box' in game to these members - Seems to me a bare minimum standard i WG wants to grow the clan base . 

I have created a clan website and use Discord, but smaller clans, folks with less time, this seems unnecessarily onerous... For the games sake- this should be implemented

• Cool 1

[LHG]
Members
1,659 posts
4,931 battles

We did attempt to test out the Discord approach.  We selected four active members and attempted to set up a Discord which those four members could test.  Unfortunately, we ran into major problems with the setup.  We eventually got all members setup but were unable to get voice comms with two of those members for quite a while.  Turns out after a lot of research that those two members were running some hardware that was not compatible with Discord or was just not functioning properly.  

We then decided that if just four of us were having problems getting it to work that the chances of the other 26 members of the clan taking the time to work through the bugs just wasn't very realistic.  We'll try it again at a later time but, unfortunately, this attempt was a failure. 

I really think that a system such as Karandar is suggesting would be a big help to clans which are running into issues like this.  

[-V1-]
Members
168 posts
4,651 battles

Why not email?      You can track to see if a message has been read - You can send to individuals, or to a group and with a group by a single click.    Discord is a great aid to use during battles, playing together, or when you notice someone is active on it.   But email is constant and you could even set up a special account of your own for nothing but use by the Clan to contact you (i.e. an additional email address).    

Email is a time-tested service that is proven to work so why not use it for Clan Communications, Special notices, Scheduling, or what ever?