You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
K0N

Punished for game crashes

12 comments in this topic

[-DZ-]
Members
6 posts
4,795 battles

Why are we being punished for going AFK or quitting early when the game crashes?  This is really irritating. 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,544 posts

Saw this coming....   It's because salty MLG players in the top tiers were angry at other players affecting their stats, so they cried about AFKers and Rage Quitters until WG did this to us, and now have caused us a new problem...

• Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,555 battles
12 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Saw this coming....   It's because salty MLG players in the top tiers were angry at other players affecting their stats, so they cried about AFKers and Rage Quitters until WG did this to us, and now have caused us a new problem...

pretty much this I still rofl at this games punishments 20 years of gaming and this is only game I have received chat bans ( while not even using chat) the amount of reports I have received from salty individuals is laughable meanwhile it is completely fine for these players to private message you with racial insults or other forms of bigotry with no consequence at all and now they got another way to punish you .......hell I went pink for running into torps after game took 5 mins for me to enter rushed to a cap and derped hard into them so no battle contribution was enough for system to tag me wasn't my fault WG loaded me in so late hardly ever happens maybe like once a month I get a load in like that

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,555 battles
20 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Oh if your in my Kitchen can you feed my cats and dogs they would love you for it rofl

[-DZ-]
Members
6 posts
4,795 battles

So dumb.  

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts

It's only punishment if you go orange from chronic disconnects or afks. If it's occasional due to normal life you should be fine. Chronic issues affect the other players on a team who are counting on everyone playing.

[RKLES]
Members
7,192 posts
8,940 battles

I have crashed good number of time’s since the update and I have not gotten pink yet lol.

Its called quickly quit the app and reopen and play and you get to avoid the penalties. Was all listed in the fine print of the update notes lol

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles

I was disappointed they didn't a cowardice report option and turn a player yellow for 6 battles.

[NAVY]
Members
1,007 posts
3,756 battles
1 hour ago, Chobittsu said:

It wasn't just "MLG players" complaining, though. For the last couple of years, there has been at least a thread a week on people complaining about AFK players, and a number of those were from just your average "Joe" or "Jane" WoWs player. In other words, WG listened to the player base and gave us an anti-abuse system.

While I think WG could have handled the problem differently, @Rulue has suggested that AFK players whether it is through their choice or something beyond their control that causes them to leave the match early receive no credits or XP rewards for the match and even could pay a penalty in credits, the first instance is just a warning aka the PINK. The big confusion for most players is that pink is associated with the previous auto-team damage/TK system; so, there has been a good bit of confusion on for those players when they turn pink for getting disconnected at the start of or during a match and are not able to get back on in time before the match is over or their ship is sunk.

I think WG should have made ORANGE the warning color and kept PINK as the penalty color, which several others have also suggested.

Hopefully, WG will tweak this new anti-abuse system so that, one, there is less confusion, and two, people that are having internet or computer issues from time to time are not being lumped into the same group as people who rage quit at the beginning of or during a battle. Even setting the system to not issue a pink warning till the third AFK in a 24-hour period would go a long ways towards a compromise here. I know that not everyone will still be happy with that, but it is a good compromise for the people experiencing internet and computer issues and people that want AFK players to be punished.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Ever since this update, I've been crashing like a mother.

I even went so far as reinstalling video drivers (even older), and even WOWS itself. WOWS is the only game that's crashing on my system. It's actually causing my drivers to crash.

I was able to log back in the majority of the time, but I got pop'd twice and turned pink. 

It really isn't a big deal turning pink, but it just goes to show that when I actually have issues with the game crashing, a penalty system was introduced to further my dismay.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

[-DZ-]
Members
6 posts
4,795 battles

The whole system smells like snowflake game development. 

[13TH]
[13TH]
Members
3 posts
4,290 battles

I've gotten punished twice.  1st time cuz i didn't know I was in a game after being kicked to the login screen, and the 2 cuz it took forever to get back in and I was dead.