Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GuntherPrein

Why do you play Midway in ranked???

14 comments in this topic

[DIEBL]
[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,599 battles

A serious question because the only game I had won with one on my side was when he was up against another Midway.... just curious is it because you don't understand the value of spotting or is it the only tier 10 you have???

Midway stands no chance in hell against a Hak in ranked nowadays unless Hak is complete buttery potato its almost to the point where I want to see mirror matching of CV as a way of balancing them until your lame rework is done wg....and when your done I hope to hell the CV pop plummets to Haydes and you just finish them completely and gib me much free exp and doubs for my grinding and premiums

[AR]
[AR]
Members
316 posts
11,844 battles

Perhaps you were unlucky enough to lose the match for any other reason except that a Midway is on your team?

Even with the recent change for both CV's, things are just leveled out in interesting ways. Midway is an awesome CV from what I've seen in ranked. And I have seen it only a few times.

Members
1,640 posts
7,474 battles

Free-exp for the 2 T10s I don't enjoy anymore would be nice..

[ASHIP]
Members
597 posts
5,315 battles

The Mid is inferior to the Hak is just about every way that counts, on paper.

Once you actually start playing these ships you realise that the Mid has certain 'quality of life' advantages over the Hak. Things like having fewer squadrons to manage meaning that you can micro each individual squadron more effectively. Hak captains often have to resort to using auto drops or moving multiple squadrons as a clump, which can lower reaction time and leave these planes exposed to strafes. There are also certain advantages from having bigger squadrons, such as being able to win a 1v1 lock engagement. When push comes to shove, the larger squadrons allow a Midway captain to brute force certain engagements.

• Cool 2

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles
17 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

A serious question because the only game I had won with one on my side was when he was up against another Midway.... just curious is it because you don't understand the value of spotting or is it the only tier 10 you have???

Midway stands no chance in hell against a Hak in ranked nowadays unless Hak is complete buttery potato its almost to the point where I want to see mirror matching of CV as a way of balancing them until your lame rework is done wg....and when your done I hope to hell the CV pop plummets to Haydes and you just finish them completely and gib me much free exp and doubs for my grinding and premiums

The question could be asked why do you play ranked? 

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,143 posts
6,487 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Let's cut straight to the chase. Why does anybody play carriers at all?  It makes me sad.

• Bad 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
3 minutes ago, K538 said:

Let's cut straight to the chase. Why does anybody play carriers at all?  It makes me sad.

I play carriers because they truly shine when playing a team support role.

[DIEBL]
[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,599 battles
43 minutes ago, Aiser50 said:

Perhaps you were unlucky enough to lose the match for any other reason except that a Midway is on your team?

Even with the recent change for both CV's, things are just leveled out in interesting ways. Midway is an awesome CV from what I've seen in ranked. And I have seen it only a few times.

its not awesome when played againts a capable Hak player considering last game I played both CV where deep purlple with hundreds of games under both tier ten CV .... The AS HAK dominated skys got himself king of the skys in under 9 mins kept our entire team spotted while our Unicum Midway could not do anything but drop on a BB and cruiser could not provide vision could not provide AA support ... our Midway player was better in WR and games played in a CV than the opponents so between two extremely good players the Hak player dominated wasn't even close

Edited by GuntherPrein

[DIEBL]
[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,599 battles
23 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

it could be why not start a post about it????

[NADO]
Beta Testers
102 posts
10,484 battles

You do know at R10 people are actually just trying all the tier X's they have right? From R6~10, you will face these players, but you can always dodge CV MM in queue.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles

I think with most situations it is the captain more than the ship.

Members
1,936 posts

After seeing players in the 5-10 bracket throwing games that were absolute wins if they simply didn't actively bungle it,  I no longer feel any responsibility to the team.

I'll play whatever the F I want in ranked

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

Why do you play Midway in ranked???

cause they cant play their Lexington anymore...:Smile_teethhappy::cap_haloween:

I mean what the hell...if youre gonna screw your team at Tier 8, you might as well be consistent at Tier 10.  

[DIEBL]
[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,599 battles
32 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

cause they cant play their Lexington anymore...:Smile_teethhappy::cap_haloween:

I mean what the hell...if youre gonna screw your team at Tier 8, you might as well be consistent at Tier 10.  

ROFL I love it its so true though:Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this