Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

10 comments in this topic

Members
161 posts
1,304 battles

Hello!

I'm about to get my 13th captain point in the T7 Gadjah Mada and am wondering weather BFT or DE is better for increasing damage. I've decided to invest more in guns than torps given the really long torp reload time and great smoke.

I read a couple comments suggesting that BFT was better if your shells can regularly do damage and DE if not. With a base 8% fire chance adding DE to get to 10% almost seems the way to go but I'm wondering how it plays out in-game and if anyone has suggestions based on their experience. My present build through 10 points is pretty standard for a DD - PT, LS, SE and CE.

Thanks!

Edited by coletrain_commander

[CUTER]
Members
699 posts
19,003 battles

BFT, DE, AR, PM

Edited by Kongo_Pride

Members
161 posts
1,304 battles
42 minutes ago, Kongo_Pride said:

BFT, DE, AR, PM

Would be interested in your thinking about BFT before DE

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,726 posts
4,737 battles

It's the volume of fire over increased fire chance theory.  BFT makes you reload faster, throw more shells down range.  Base fire chance on Gadjah is 8% I think.  So faster reload means more fires through more shells, and more shells mean an easier time gunboating enemy DD's.  More experience per match doing it that way which will make the grind faster to Demolition Expert.  Demolition Expert, while a very good skill, really comes into play with BB's and the perma-fire after they burn their damage control.  So while it is good, you get more bang for your buck with a skill that capitalizes on DD's, Cruisers, and BB's instead of just BB's.  At least, that's the way I've always looked at it. 

[CUTER]
Members
699 posts
19,003 battles
2 hours ago, coletrain_commander said:

Would be interested in your thinking about BFT before DE

Your Torpedoes handle the Cruisers and Battlewagons...but you need all the guns you can muster in a knife fight. 10% equates to a lot of extra firepower.

Members
842 posts

AR is more productive than either DE or BFT at this point.

And use that extra point for PM - you'll lose your modules FAR less often than you do now.

Members
161 posts
1,304 battles
31 minutes ago, EAnybody said:

AR is more productive than either DE or BFT at this point.

And use that extra point for PM - you'll lose your modules FAR less often than you do now.

Why do you say AR is more productive "at this point"? It does look really useful but if I take it now it'll take a long time to get points for a 3-point skill.

Members
842 posts

AR gives you the same average bump in ROF that BFT does, AND gives that bump to torps too.

Plus, as a DD, particularly a gunboat one, PM is really a needed skill, otherwise you lose modules waaay to often.

[BBP]
Members
335 posts
4,330 battles

I have a 17 point Yueyang captain that I've used all the way up the PA line.  

Pretty sure he has:

PT/PM
AR LS
SE SI 
CE

Last skill will be radio search (for ranked).  Some PA ships require EM.  In those cases maybe swap SI for that.  I like SI in Yueyang for the extra radar.  

Edited by _MiDKnighTx_

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

Honestly, for me, the two first 3 pointers on that line should be SE and SI. SE is pretty obvious ... more health is more better. SI means more smokes. PA DD smokes are shorter lived but spammable, so you'd probably run out quite fast if you're playing aggressively. An additional smoke might be a good idea.

Now between the BFT and DE, I'd go for BFT. Increased fire chance is nice, but you're a good anti-DD gunboat due to rapid fire guns at high tiers, so getting more shells in the air would be a good idea.

That being said, if you already have SE, then getting the 2 point AR or the 4 point RL would be better than the other 3 point skills.

Sign in to follow this