You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
megadeux

The most unfair game I've ever seen

17 comments in this topic

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles

I was playing my Taiho today when I get pulled into a game immediately. It's a 3 vs 3, the enemy CV, an essex, has obviously been waiting a while for this, and I hope to give him a good show. The team's comps are these; 

Taiho, Missouri, and Chapayev, 

Essex, F de Grobe, and Nagato.

The opening engagement goes well, I wipe his fighters, and the enemy Essex' strike on the Missouri is foiled by the chappy, the F de grobe pushes the B cap and is promptly deleted, I then kill the Essex' fighters and second bomber attack. And then nuke the Nagato, which was hiding near A cap. Then due to a failure on microing, the Missouri is killed by the Essex. (who was spotted by my fighters) We then wrap up the game by nuking the Essex. The whole affair took a couple minutes. 

However, that's not the issue, the problem is that, because of the CVs in the game, the enemy team never even stood a remote chance even if I had been AFK  the chappy and Missouri have more then enough AA to foil the Essex and to defeat the two BBs. Not only that, but the Essex player waited more than five minutes in the queue just to have a crappy game because MM screwed him over utterly. And the two BBs, of course, were just inconsequential, (I think they combined did about 10k in damage to my team) and of course, for my team it was a bad deal too, although it was a free win, and I got no kills, I got 130k out of the 180k available in the match, witch doesn't leave a lot for them.

Edited by megadeux
  • Cool 1

Members
311 posts
2,336 battles

Carriers are either horribly overpowered or horribly underpowered. Its the main reason for the change to how they work so MM doesn't either make carriers unbeatable or unplayble.

[RKLES]
Members
7,204 posts
8,973 battles

And you wonder why I am not wanting to Rank out with tier X? Lol just waiting for Ranked players to figure out that unlike lower tiered Ranked seasons X Ranked could have X CVs ruling every battle lol. And exiting que if you see a CV does not always work since they can get snuck into the que at the last second and then you are stuck with them lol.

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles
6 minutes ago, manon45 said:

Carriers are either horribly overpowered or horribly underpowered. Its the main reason for the change to how they work so MM doesn't either make carriers unbeatable or unplayble.

Pretty much, although the enemy team was very potato, so that made it even worse. Usually I disagree with that statement, as I see the teams role as extremely important in most games. But in a three player game like this....

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,693 battles

There should be a minimum team size in the MM code.  Something like 7 or 8 ships per team.  These tiny teams are simply ridiculous.

[RLGN]
Members
8,249 posts
17,264 battles
16 minutes ago, Crucis said:

There should be a minimum team size in the MM code.  Something like 7 or 8 ships per team.  These tiny teams are simply ridiculous.

1 v 1 in Eries, way back in the day. Tiniest battle (PvP,) I ever had.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,693 battles
7 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

1 v 1 in Eries, way back in the day. Tiniest battle (PvP,) I ever had.

Well, don't get any smaller.  At least you probably didn't lose any credits on that battle due to its small size.  :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,090 posts
14,482 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

And you wonder why I am not wanting to Rank out with tier X? Lol just waiting for Ranked players to figure out that unlike lower tiered Ranked seasons X Ranked could have X CVs ruling every battle lol. And exiting que if you see a CV does not always work since they can get snuck into the que at the last second and then you are stuck with them lol.

You guys exaggerate to such ridiculous amounts that it's comedic.  Tier X CVs are not going to be "ruling every battle lol" because they're extremely rare to begin with.  Hakuryu, Midway are among the least played ships in the game.  They will not dominate Ranked because there's so few of them.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You guys exaggerate to such ridiculous amounts that it's comedic.  Tier X CVs are not going to be "ruling every battle lol" because they're extremely rare to begin with.  Hakuryu, Midway are among the least played ships in the game.  They will not dominate Ranked because there's so few of them.

Not to mention tier X AA and the nature of ranked means that they'll just be glorified scouts.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,842 posts
13,059 battles
6 minutes ago, megadeux said:

Not to mention tier X AA and the nature of ranked means that they'll just be glorified scouts.

Yep....hell, I run DM in Ranked and go with hydro instead of AA.  I'm tempted to re-spec my captain as well...but I've noticed the relatively long reach of the AA is good against spotter planes.  Ranked play has lots of spotters and lots of hiding.  Zapping spotting intel seems to be good for my DM.

Now, if the CVs start to show, I might give up my hydro for AA.  But a DM, even without the consumable, puts up a good AA bubble. 

[XBRTC]
Members
1,417 posts
7,434 battles
14 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

This. I haven't seen a single carrier in Ranks 10/9/8/7.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,090 posts
14,482 battles
11 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

This. I haven't seen a single carrier in Ranks 10/9/8/7.

I haven't even touched Ranked this season.  It's just I know from a daily basis, from looking at stats all the time, that Tier X CVs are exceptionally rare.  The way people talk about Tier X CVs is like they were Yamato during Operation Ten-Go.  Just constant air attack all the time.  Most High Tier matches are devoid of CVs, to the point where ships that could have very exceptional AA don't even bother with AA Builds because, "I don't see CVs enough anyways."  My Div Mate who does very well with his Des Moines, doesn't even bother with any AA traits, upgrades at all.  No BFT, no AFT, definitely no Manual AA, no AAGM2 or AAGM3.  He doesn't even do Defensive Fire and instead slots Hydro.  "I never see CVs with DM anyways" is all he says every time I mention CVs and potential air threats.  And if one does show up, the reputation of DM drives the planes away (many will, but the elite CV drivers know better).

1 hour ago, manon45 said:

I will agree with this.  There are cases where the CV can literally rip a team apart.  And yet there are cases where the AA is so good that your CV is basically reduced to a scouting, spotting platform and cannot contribute.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[INTEL]
Members
796 posts
8,274 battles
15 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Yep....hell, I run DM in Ranked and go with hydro instead of AA.  I'm tempted to re-spec my captain as well...but I've noticed the relatively long reach of the AA is good against spotter planes.  Ranked play has lots of spotters and lots of hiding.  Zapping spotting intel seems to be good for my DM.

Now, if the CVs start to show, I might give up my hydro for AA.  But a DM, even without the consumable, puts up a good AA bubble. 

Keep the AA range for sure. My DM gets spotted constantly by cat fighters and spotter planes outside my reach. Mino, otoh, swats them before they get off the catapult. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,204 posts
8,973 battles
36 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Because on 12 vs 12 they get countered, but on 7 vs 7 I have seen them butcher entire teams earl morning when not enough players to do 12 vs 12. You point blank manual drop all the Torp bombers at once and they instantly delete targets.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,090 posts
14,482 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Because on 12 vs 12 they get countered, but on 7 vs 7 I have seen them butcher entire teams earl morning when not enough players to do 12 vs 12. You point blank manual drop all the Torp bombers at once and they instantly delete targets.

Should have had an AA Build then and not sail alone.

No sympathy.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,204 posts
8,973 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Should have had an AA Build then and not sail alone.

No sympathy.

Um we had AA builds and were sailing in tight formation and still got picked off.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,417 posts
7,434 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I haven't even touched Ranked this season.  It's just I know from a daily basis, from looking at stats all the time, that Tier X CVs are exceptionally rare.  The way people talk about Tier X CVs is like they were Yamato during Operation Ten-Go.  Just constant air attack all the time.  Most High Tier matches are devoid of CVs, to the point where ships that could have very exceptional AA don't even bother with AA Builds because, "I don't see CVs enough anyways."  My Div Mate who does very well with his Des Moines, doesn't even bother with any AA traits, upgrades at all.  No BFT, no AFT, definitely no Manual AA, no AAGM2 or AAGM3.  He doesn't even do Defensive Fire and instead slots Hydro.  "I never see CVs with DM anyways" is all he says every time I mention CVs and potential air threats.  And if one does show up, the reputation of DM drives the planes away (many will, but the elite CV drivers know better).

Every time I think that seems like a good idea and try it, I regret it instantly. Every time I take hydro instead of DFAA, then it's *poof* HAVE A CARRIER, JERKWAD!

Plus, my DM skipper is the same one I use for TX, ATL, and SIMS, so it makes sense for him to keep the AA-heavy skills. Though... y'know, it might be okay to change that, now. I've built up a 19-point CO for WORCESTER when she arrives, so I could just use *that* one for those other botes and keep DM guy specialized for DD and CA murder instead... hm. Interesting.