Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Question about Honourable Service Mission 1 (partly humorous)

9 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
6,356 posts
4,288 battles

"Do 200,000 HP worth of damage to Japanese ships."

It may just be me, but every time I take my Edinburgh into Randoms, I seem to experience a rarity of this species on the opposing side. Is it just me and Matchmaker having a bad relationship? Will they suddenly become more plentiful when I've slogged my way through Mission 1 and have to start doing damage to Americans instead? :Smile_teethhappy:

Deliberate sacrifices by opposing players of Japanese ships who have tired of the battle and want "out" without Pink status will be gratefully received. :Smile_great:

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,564 battles

Play Japanese ships, you're more likely to find Japanese ships on opposing side.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,356 posts
4,288 battles
2 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Play Japanese ships, you're more likely to find Japanese ships on opposing side.

Currently on the Kuma; it's a long road to the Mogami.  :Smile_teethhappy:

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
304 posts
5,188 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Buy the atago :Smile_coin:

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,564 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

campaign is forever here to stay, so you have all the time in the world to get there.

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
26 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

"Do 200,000 HP worth of damage to Japanese ships."

It may just be me, but every time I take my Edinburgh into Randoms, I seem to experience a rarity of this species on the opposing side. Is it just me and Matchmaker having a bad relationship? Will they suddenly become more plentiful when I've slogged my way through Mission 1 and have to start doing damage to Americans instead? :Smile_teethhappy:

Deliberate sacrifices by opposing players of Japanese ships who have tired of the battle and want "out" without Pink status will be gratefully received. :Smile_great:

yeah -- I hate the Nation specific damage requirement missions.  Invariably no one is ever playing the nation that needs damaging.  

[RLGN]
Members
8,283 posts
17,327 battles
19 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

yeah -- I hate the Nation specific damage requirement missions.  Invariably no one is ever playing the nation that needs damaging.  

For me that happened at some point when I was trying to get damage versus Germans...

1, 0, 1, 2, 0, 1, 0 etc, most of whom died before I could even get close; made me understand why players get salty and do crazy things when those come up.

And of course, as soon as you decide to focus on something else, ships of the target nation type come out of the proverbially woodwork like roaches ...

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

yeah that sort of mission needs to be coupled with a mirror mission like: "hey -- if youre in a Japanese ship and you inflict X amount of damage you get XXXX"

That will ensure a population of folks driving Japanese boats to shoot at as well as an incentive for folks to drive Japanese boats.  

Edited by Dr_Dirt

[ARGSY]
Members
6,356 posts
4,288 battles

I suspect the dearth of Japanese ships right now is due in part to some of them playing in Ranked. Those who don't have Tier X ships will be back once they either get to Rank 10 or get tired of it, and the odds will shift a little.

Sign in to follow this