You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Crucis

Soviet Commander Mission: Why tier 6+?

48 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
17,098 posts
17,769 battles

Why oh why is the new Soviet commander mission tier SIX+, rather than tier 5+?  For crying out loud, it's going to be murder to get those 3 German and 3 Japanese ship kills with these dang pew-pew boats!  It would have been nice to be able to use the BB Oktober Revolution to work on the second stage kill missions!

I don't mind "get X number of kills" tasks, but to have to get those kills against ships of specific nations using ships of a single different navy makes it a TON harder, since there will be a lot of players running their Russian ships looking for those kills, thus reducing the number of players being in the ships that need to be sunk!  

The first stage of this mission is fine, i.e. get 500 ribbons, because it's tailor made for the available Russian ships.  And the third stage, i.e. earn 25k XP, is fine too.  It's just the second stage that's doubly ridiculous.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,657 battles

I AGREE! No problems at all getting my 3 Japanese kills, but germans?! There's not many of them let's just say... And most soviet premiums are T5 anyways :( Definitely should have been T5 and up.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,876 posts
1,338 battles

Because WG can set the terms for how you can get the free stuff.

Edit: Isn't it lovely that the forums are full of people who like to downvote the truth?

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Members
9,046 posts

Thankfully you can do coop and scenarios which makes it easy.

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles

Lol the rewards are still not good enough to get me into a any tier of Russian ship, lol that is the On nation I do not use in WOWs.

[SALVO]
Members
17,098 posts
17,769 battles
9 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Thankfully you can do coop and scenarios which makes it easy.

Ohhhhhhh..... brain fart.  The current scenario is Raptor Rescue where all the bot ships are Japanese!

As for coop, yes, that's nice for kill missions ... BUT ... if no one brings a German or IJN ship, you're outta luck.

11 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Because WG can set the terms for how you can get the free stuff.

Well, duh, but they shouldn't make it so difficult that it turns of the players.  If this had even just been tier 5+, it'd be a lot more manageable, due to the presence of the OktRevolution BB at tier 5.  Sigh.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,876 posts
1,338 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

Well, duh, but they shouldn't make it so difficult that it turns of the players.  If this had even just been tier 5+, it'd be a lot more manageable, due to the presence of the OktRevolution BB at tier 5.  Sigh.

Oh, I don't disagree with you, but, otoh, that's the pure truth of it.  They set it up that way for <reasons>.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,083 battles

It is over any number of battles, just have patience.

[SALVO]
Members
17,098 posts
17,769 battles
19 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Oh, I don't disagree with you, but, otoh, that's the pure truth of it.  They set it up that way for <reasons>.

It's just that because the Russian tree has no BBs other than the 2 premium ones, it's not well suited to kill missions.  Russian gunboat DDs are down right terrible at them.  IMO, kill missions require some degree of alpha strike capability.   That tends to favor BBs and torp boat DDs, though cruisers aren't totally incapable in this area.

Right now, it just seems like they want us all to suffer with that damned kill 3 German and 3 Japanese ships using only tier 6+ Russian cruisers or destroyers.

Members
1,866 posts

Pew-pew-pew in co-op and scenarios if I bother with the missions. Not a big fan of Russian ships, but do play them some. They have Admiral Markarov out today, which just happens to be tier 6. Coincidence? No.

• Cool 1

[SUCIT]
Members
827 posts
3,637 battles
51 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

I AGREE! No problems at all getting my 3 Japanese kills, but germans?! There's not many of them let's just say... And most soviet premiums are T5 anyways :( Definitely should have been T5 and up.

Go to T10 and you'll see 3-4 Hindenburgs stat padding per game.

Members
525 posts
3,701 battles

I’ll have to look at the scenario rotation, but my first thought was that killing the KM ships was the only difficulty involved. IJN is ready made for us with Raptor.

I’m not taking any RU ship into T10 ranked. Rolling the dice on randoms would take too long. If no scenario pops with KM ships, I guess it’s co-op. Of course, some of us could Div a scenario with KM ships. I know Newport has a ton of KM fodder.

Edited by Uber_Ghost

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,083 battles
2 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Pew-pew-pew in co-op and scenarios if I bother with the missions. Not a big fan of Russian ships, but do play them some. They have Admiral Markarov out today, which just happens to be tier 6. Coincidence? No.

Divison up with a friend or two in German ships and go play co-op.

[VW]
Members
1,946 posts
12,499 battles

Dont have access to the game, can someone please confirm the deadline for the missions?

[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
4,276 posts
7,882 battles
17 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Dont have access to the game, can someone please confirm the deadline for the missions?

May 14th

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,098 posts
17,769 battles

Guys, the easiest way to do these is:

1. To get the IJN Kills, play the current operation Raptor Rescue, where the bots are IJN.

2. To get the German kills, get a div of 4-7 together and play the Killer Whale operation where the bots are German.  

3 Oh, and of course, play a tier 6 Russian ship, probably a cruiser for Operations.

Very easy with plenty of guaranteed enemies of the right nation.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,186 posts
11,702 battles
On 5/4/2018 at 2:34 PM, Crucis said:

Why oh why is the new Soviet commander mission tier SIX+, rather than tier 5+?  For crying out loud, it's going to be murder to get those 3 German and 3 Japanese ship kills with these dang pew-pew boats!  It would have been nice to be able to use the BB Oktober Revolution to work on the second stage kill missions!

I don't mind "get X number of kills" tasks, but to have to get those kills against ships of specific nations using ships of a single different navy makes it a TON harder, since there will be a lot of players running their Russian ships looking for those kills, thus reducing the number of players being in the ships that need to be sunk!  

The first stage of this mission is fine, i.e. get 500 ribbons, because it's tailor made for the available Russian ships.  And the third stage, i.e. earn 25k XP, is fine too.  It's just the second stage that's doubly ridiculous.

You're being incentivized to pick up a Makarov.

[SALVO]
Members
17,098 posts
17,769 battles
3 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

You're being incentivized to pick up a Makarov.

Already own the Molotov.   Not feeling the incentive.  :Smile_teethhappy:

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,186 posts
11,702 battles

I've been punching around a lot of Nurnburgs in my Molotov tonight.  there seem to be a lot of IJN DDs suiciding on my rail guns too.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,186 posts
11,702 battles

While I've been punching them around, it appears I am not getting kill credit from them.  I've finished my japanese but still three germans to go it seems :/

[SALVO]
Members
17,098 posts
17,769 battles
8 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

While I've been punching them around, it appears I am not getting kill credit from them.  I've finished my japanese but still three germans to go it seems :/

I'm trying to get my clan to group up and do the operations plan I outlined above.  It should be an easy way to get the kills quickly.

EDIT:  heck, I don't think that you really need to do it as a clan, as long as you can get a large division together for the operation.

Edited by Crucis

[POP]
Members
1,166 posts
15,101 battles
On 05/05/2018 at 4:34 AM, Crucis said:

Hi

I agree a find it rather baffling the tier level and nation ship kill, sure there is a bit of breathing space in the the form days for the tasks to be done also there is another safety valve Coop but that still causes problems but i will come back to this particular event shortly. 

The bigger quest is why all of a sudden has WG decided to use tier 5 now as its cut off point for events, missions and tasks in general.

Up until  3 or 4 months ago maybe longer it has always been tier 4 and up, at that level it was a safety net, sure you got the odd  tier 5 or 6  and rare tier 8 and above but now its changed and i feel not for the better in regards to new and inexperienced players.

I don't know if this is WG trial by fire and or sink or swim new player game learning policy if so they could not have picked the worst tiers for that as tier 5 and 6 are a nightmare for the MM. 

Now confident and veteran players wont worry all that much as they can play higher tier matches for these events leaving the new players down at tier 4 to learn the game and enjoy it at the same time which is what we we want, we don't want them to leave because its to hard and they being seal clubbed because they had to play at a higher tier. 

Now back to this particular event not only do new players have to face the tier 5 and 6 MM there is not a lot VMF BBs at tier 6 and up ( sarcasm ) fight German ships so it means your VMF DD or CA  if your lucky in random you could be facing KMS BBs .

So what happens frustrated new players all flock to Coop trying  to get the kills and the salt flies as people kill steal.

Time limit well despite wishful thinking by WG and the fact that there is 10 days to get it done not everybody can sit in front of there computer 24/7 like some zombie and play this game, people have only so many hours in a day and so many times a week they can play and you all those people trying to to finish this together with limited targets of opportunity more salt flies.

And last but not least the players of particular nations and in this case KMS players who play end up being chased half way round maps by almost half  the enemy team that's real fun for those player too.  

I'm not a great player but i can hold my own at all tiers and i will get the missions done but we want to increase the server numbers not have people leave, there is not a day that goes by where there is at least 1 post by new players wanting to give it away ( and that's the ones that actually post on the forum ) because of things like this.

regards   

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
17,098 posts
17,769 battles

@tm63au  Like I've outlined above, the real solution is for getting part 2 done is to play scenarios.  The current one, Raptor Rescue, is good for getting the IJN kills.  Then get a div of 4-7 people together and play Killer Whale for the German kills.  And because all the enemy bots are of those nations, you could probably get a group of people all with the same goal and have plenty of ships for everyone to kill, even if you might have to play the op a couple of times.  But it's a LOT easier than playing randoms or coop and praying that you might get a German or IJN ship to kill and actually GET the kill.

[POP]
Members
1,166 posts
15,101 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

@tm63au  Like I've outlined above, the real solution is for getting part 2 done is to play scenarios.  The current one, Raptor Rescue, is good for getting the IJN kills.  Then get a div of 4-7 people together and play Killer Whale for the German kills.  And because all the enemy bots are of those nations, you could probably get a group of people all with the same goal and have plenty of ships for everyone to kill, even if you might have to play the op a couple of times.  But it's a LOT easier than playing randoms or coop and praying that you might get a German or IJN ship to kill and actually GET the kill.

I agree lets hope people that need help getting the kills read your post 

cheers