You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legozer

EPIC lack of support for our 2 dds

26 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
1,288 posts
8,963 battles

Ranked battle on Hotspot, 2 dds per side. We get saddled with Ognevoi and Kagero to their Lo Yang and Benson. Not a promising start, but I've seen worse matchups and still won, so whatteryagonnado? Team agrees to go a and b. Team moves into position to move toward B....but not the dds! Nope, they both eff off immediately to C.

Team adjusts, and several are caught in bad position now. Kagero dies immediately. Ognevoi follows minutes later. Kagero starts salt in chat about not getting support, and now my head hurts. Oh, yeah, we lost.

• Funny 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

ohhh ranked...you love it...you hate it...you love to hate it

[R-F]
Members
754 posts
6,378 battles

So your title is meant to be sarcasm then, right?

Anyone still in the tier 8 portion of ranked play either doesn't play very often or isn't very good, so you've got to expect a lot of tomfoolery at this point.

[-THOR]
Members
167 posts
2,206 battles

Any time I see a DD post in chat about the lack of "support" I roll my eyes.  If you don't have friendly ships supporting you then you shouldn't be getting in a shooting match you can't win.  Get out of there and head for a different cap.

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,251 posts
10,669 battles

First thing I would have posted in chat the Call was A-B and you didn't say anything, but went off on your own...

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,585 battles

meh its usually better to just follow your DD if you want vision in the game than to just decide a cap because you feel secure

[INTEL]
Members
795 posts
8,264 battles

Match last night. We had 2 Shimas, reds had Gearings. Both Shimas head off to the same cap. Finally one comes back but makes every effort to avoid gaining vision. 

Shima 2 is getting pushed by a Gearing and Moskva. Im in a radar Mino with decent hp left and heal ready. I tell the Shima to run to me as I go to help him. He acknowleges. I radar the Gearing and open up. Gearing runs, Moskva opens up on me, Shima decides to gunfight the Gearing... He dies and now im running for my life. 

"Mino you piece of s###" in cross chat.

It doesnt get better when you hit rank 10.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,096 posts
12,657 battles
4 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

It doesnt get better when you hit rank 10.

^^^

I think some people expect me to shoot out healing beams from my cruiser so they can bow tank the enemy fleet in their destroyers.

• Cool 1

[BBP]
Members
335 posts
4,330 battles

In other news there's a few ranked games where as the DD I was specially asked to stealth cap a cap solo while the rest of the team moved to another cap.  Some teams actually want to do this.  

If memory serves it worked too.

Edited by _MiDKnighTx_

[ARGSY]
Members
6,277 posts
4,243 battles
44 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

I think some people expect me to shoot out healing beams from my cruiser so they can bow tank the enemy fleet in their destroyers.

That's what Halloween missions are for! :cap_haloween:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,002 posts
13,673 battles

So the DDs agreed to go to AB and then went to C.  OK

[BBP]
Members
335 posts
4,330 battles
2 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

So the DDs agreed to go to AB and then went to C.  OK

Maybe they had to stop at C and get gas.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,210 battles

first rule of ranked: chat dont matters to random people

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,082 posts
8,964 battles
1 hour ago, prevans said:

Any time I see a DD post in chat about the lack of "support" I roll my eyes.  If you don't have friendly ships supporting you then you shouldn't be getting in a shooting match you can't win.  Get out of there and head for a different cap.

If we don't get in the position you would be yelling at us for not capping.  Just be happy you have DDs to do the spotting for you.  :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[DAY]
Members
1,178 posts
11,719 battles

t8 rank at this stage?

yes you do occasionally get those OK players that simply started the season late due to reasons

but the vast majority of people that still havent reach to rank10 by now simply dont use their brain when playing

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,288 posts
8,963 battles
1 hour ago, GuntherPrein said:

meh its usually better to just follow your DD if you want vision in the game than to just decide a cap because you feel secure

The kagero wilco'd the plan.

[IKEA]
Members
139 posts
3,208 battles

From how matches have been going I'd recommend against readjusting and heading to C on hotspot if you're a BB/CA as you have to sail broadside the entire way.  I'd send a DD to C if I felt they had the 1v1 advantage, but it's not a high priority cap as most of the fighting will be between A/B.  Unfortunately your DDs will set the opening strategy if they ignore your orders.  I would have stuck with the A/B plan and left the DDs alone at C.  If they died at C then other enemy DDs were at C as well, so your A/B push would have been on even ground. 

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
8 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

t8 rank at this stage?

yes you do occasionally get those OK players that simply started the season late due to reasons

but the vast majority of people that still havent reach to rank10 by now simply dont use their brain when playing

Just hit rank 10 yesterday, was in no hurry since I never bother moving past 10. Surprisingly, other than everyone being incredibly opinionated, only had two games this season where people did things I found perplexing. Granted, they really went for it, doing so much team damage that they sank themselves.

[DAY]
Members
1,178 posts
11,719 battles
10 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Just hit rank 10 yesterday, was in no hurry since I never bother moving past 10. Surprisingly, other than everyone being incredibly opinionated, only had two games this season where people did things I found perplexing. Granted, they really went for it, doing so much team damage that they sank themselves.

weird, i got rank 10 the first day of season so everyone was at least decent at that time (people good enough to move up at the first day or people with high ranks last season)

at my friend's house several days ago?

loyang that was outgunned and killed by asashio (both full HP on confrontation, they were the only 2 still alive)

NC that says "i cant bowtank 2BBs"(at ~6km distance), so instead of go and ram, he did a U turn and got insta deleted

roma that says "you serious?" when i told him to crossfire, and proceed to stalk me for the whole entire game.....ofc enemy angled toward both of us and we both did 0 damage, we were the only 2 BBs in that match

full HP benson that refuse to hunt a 3k HP enemy benson, wanted to smoke cruisers from across the map, and of course cruisers all died before he arrive and i ate several torps from that 3k benson once he left

chapayev that decides it's a good idea to U turn at 13km from NC that was watching him.....i said in chat "go dark before you turn", 2 seconds after i said that he was DS'd by enemy NC

i just really dont know what is going on in people's brain when i revisit r11~15 bracket few nights ago

i think it's less about opinionated, maybe the roma and the benson can be explained this way

but the NC and loyang and chapa.........maybe just lack of knowledge of this game? i can only describe them as not using their brain for the lack of a better description

Edited by jason199506

Members
1,062 posts
4,736 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

^^^

I was able to do that in SWTOR.  Too bad, I probably could carry harder if I could heal the stupid.  Thanks for the laugh though.

Members
1,062 posts
4,736 battles
5 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

weird, i got rank 10 the first day of season so everyone was at least decent at that time (people good enough to move up at the first day or people with high ranks last season)

at my friend's house several days ago?

loyang that was outgunned and killed by asashio (both full HP on confrontation, they were the only 2 still alive)

NC that says "i cant bowtank 2BBs"(at ~6km distance), so instead of go and ram, he did a U turn and got insta deleted

roma that says "you serious?" when i told him to crossfire, and proceed to stalk me for the whole entire game.....ofc enemy angled toward both of us and we both did 0 damage, we were the only 2 BBs in that match

full HP benson that refuse to hunt a 3k HP enemy benson, wanted to smoke cruisers from across the map, and of course cruisers all died before he arrive and i ate several torps from that 3k benson once he left

chapayev that decides it's a good idea to U turn at 13km from NC that was watching him.....i said in chat "go dark before you turn", 2 seconds after i said that he was DS'd by enemy NC

i just really dont know what is going on in people's brain when i revisit r11~15 bracket few nights ago

i think it's less about opinionated, maybe the roma and the benson can be explained this way

but the NC and loyang and chapa.........maybe just lack of knowledge of this game? i can only describe them as not using their brain for the lack of a better description

Last night a smoke Minotaur went to the far side of A on Sleeping Giant, stopped just before the entrance and went broadside in plain view of our team.  Didn't smoke till  I was spotted after coming around the bend in a Montana, but it was too late.  It was a short story for the Mino.  I had no idea what he thought was going to happen, but I couldn't believe what I was watching so much I assumed he launched torps before I deleted him.

....no torps.

Go figure.  Thank god he was on the enemy team lol.

[INTEL]
Members
795 posts
8,264 battles

Someone I "can't" name... keeps bringing a Khaba and claims he's doing fine it's the teams that suck.

Warriors path.. no DDs in the match. I snatch the A cap and use my radar and hydro to keep the red Conq and a pair of Hindys lit. My entire team flanked around the west end of A. Our GK dies sailing broadside in front of... the aforementioned reds.

The now shipless GK Capt decides the best use of his time is to play Fleet Adm and grouch at me for "doing nothing". Lets see. Too close to the island providing intel to shoot anything close and... oh yeah, nobody on my team in position to spot.

We actually won too. Because I guess one Mino is such a threat that a GK, Yammy, and a DM cant rush it, despite knowing for sure I had no support anywhere close.

[-THOR]
Members
167 posts
2,206 battles
2 hours ago, Nachoo31 said:

If we don't get in the position you would be yelling at us for not capping.  Just be happy you have DDs to do the spotting for you.  :Smile_hiding:

Yeah, next to CVs, DDs get the most salt when things aren't going well.  I play DD almost as much as BB these days so I'm well aware. 

As a side-note,  you see tons of salt when the CV is bad, a lot for destroyers (particularly when they get taken out early), and some for wuss-cake BB captains.  You don't, however, see people blaming the loss on the cruisers.  Just once I'd like to see someone write "We lost because our lousy cruisers didn't start enough fires" in chat. 

[-THOR]
Members
167 posts
2,206 battles

1 hour ago, Ares1967 said:

The now shipless GK Capt decides the best use of his time is to play Fleet Adm and grouch at me for "doing nothing". Lets see. Too close to the island providing intel to shoot anything close and... oh yeah, nobody on my team in position to spot.

We actually won too. Because I guess one Mino is such a threat that a GK, Yammy, and a DM cant rush it, despite knowing for sure I had no support anywhere close.

You only won because the selfless GK Captain took it upon himself to organize you bunch of louts into an effective fighting force.  I hope you complimented him in game :Smile_Default:

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
6,029 battles

Going A-B on Hotspot was your first mistake. I can not remember the last time I have seen that work against a non-potato team.