Strachwitz666

Retraining Cost; for the Same Ship

8 comments in this topic

Members
821 posts
3,891 battles

I had a Russian commander on my T7 Minsk DD.  Needed the credits so I sold the ship. Now months later I rebuy the Minsk and the captain who has sat in reserve , WHO IS STILL LISTED AS THE COMMANDER, they want the 500 doubloons to "retrain" this commander , or the 200K for 1/2 that, then I got to do 12500XP for full skills. This is not right , is this some kind of bug?

Members
9,960 posts
9 minutes ago, Strachwitz666 said:

I had a Russian commander on my T7 Minsk DD.  Needed the credits so I sold the ship. Now months later I rebuy the Minsk and the captain who has sat in reserve , WHO IS STILL LISTED AS THE COMMANDER, they want the 500 doubloons to "retrain" this commander , or the 200K for 1/2 that, then I got to do 12500XP for full skills. This is not right , is this some kind of bug?

Yes?

And no it should not ask you to retrain....double check you are putting the right commander in the right ship...it does happen.:Smile_teethhappy:

[-BSS-]
Members
394 posts
6,211 battles

I would love to see a heavy discount on retraining for any ship that a captain has previously been trained.

it could be a service record system or something where if a captain has x number of battles in a particular ship they gain a ribbon for that ship and no longer require retraining, or heavily discounted training.

This could be part of a build out of deeper commander content 

• Cool 1

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,323 battles
47 minutes ago, Visidious said:

I would love to see a heavy discount on retraining for any ship that a captain has previously been trained.

it could be a service record system or something where if a captain has x number of battles in a particular ship they gain a ribbon for that ship and no longer require retraining, or heavily discounted training.

This could be part of a build out of deeper commander content 

I kind of like this idea because some ship lines don't have premiums yet or the premiums don't really fit the captain skills used in the rest of the line. Belfast, for example, has HE that is greatly benefited by IFHE but the rest of the line doesn't even have access to to HE. So even though Belfast and Edinbourgh are the same class there is a bit of separation that could cost you 4 points. It would be nice to progress the Fiji captain up to Edinbourgh but always be able to move him back to Fiji.

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles
1 hour ago, Visidious said:

I've suggested this many times. If a captain gets to 10-pt + the ship goes on his/her Service Record. No retrain cost for this captain on these ships.

[PS They'll never do it]

Edited by Stauffenberg44
  • Cool 1

[-BSS-]
Members
394 posts
6,211 battles
5 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I've suggested this many times. If a captain gets to 10-pt + the ship goes on his/her Service Record. No retrain cost for this captain on these ships.

[PS They'll never do it]

I’d like to see it be based on number of battles as another way to earn the benefit as I would want to be able to move my 19 pt captain up and down a tech tree and not retrain every time if the captain had completed x number of battles in the ship, make it 100 battles or something so it’s not easy but also attainable.

Members
821 posts
3,891 battles
1 hour ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Was that T7 a Kiev or Minsk? Was it after the split?

I do not recall when this split happened. I went back and reviewed my ship purchases on WOWS stats , and I cannot find any dates for either      and there are some blank spaces no ship and no commander listed in places. Potentially you may have the answer. I might have bought a Kiev rather than a Minsk. last blank date , which I think might be the date I bought the  USSR T7 DD was Oct30 17 but I can't recall the details. going to review my battles listing.

Checking my battles listing, neither Kiev or Minsk are listed. So no help, I have no XP listed on this Minsk either. in game. Idon't know. Possibly I bought it and did not fight a battle. I'll just let this go since I can't be certain of what occured.

Modsyou can lock the topic, although a couple side convos have happened so up to your discretion there.

Edited by Strachwitz666