You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Vulgarr

Monaghan USN Tier 6 Destroyer

7 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
304 posts
6,749 battles

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,827 posts
10,383 battles

I think this'll be a hard pass for me. 8-9 minutes in and nothing to show for it except turn-up caps?

The Benson torpedoes reload is painful, and they've super vulnerable to being dodged because they're just so slow. Boring torpedo boat. At least with that ship you have 5 guns to either hunt DD or shoot from smoke during the torpedo cooldown of over 2 minutes. With this you get to launch a pretty crummy salvo of torps every now and then and enjoy getting outgunned by Gallant and Fubuki.

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
304 posts
6,749 battles
On 5/4/2018 at 6:41 PM, mofton said:

I think this'll be a hard pass for me. 8-9 minutes in and nothing to show for it except turn-up caps?

The Benson torpedoes reload is painful, and they've super vulnerable to being dodged because they're just so slow. Boring torpedo boat. At least with that ship you have 5 guns to either hunt DD or shoot from smoke during the torpedo cooldown of over 2 minutes. With this you get to launch a pretty crummy salvo of torps every now and then and enjoy getting outgunned by Gallant and Fubuki.

Bear in mind that what you see in the video is not the final release version. Just yesterday Wargaming released this update on the ship.

"Torpedo Reload Booster consumable is added to the "Defensive AA Fire" slot. It has the following stats:

Torpedo launcher cooldown - 30 seconds, consumable active for 1 second, cooldown - 360 seconds, 2 charges (240 seconds cooldown and 3 charges for premium version)."

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles
On 5/4/2018 at 6:41 PM, mofton said:

I might pick it up, because I like US DDs, but I certainly would not consider the B hull at all.

Members
842 posts

Oh, great, so they're adding TRB to a non-IJN ship, and not fixing the IJN torp detection, ever?

Bunch of [edited]

Edited by EAnybody