You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
digitaljustice

New Soviet Commander

27 comments in this topic

[FADES]
Members
152 posts
3,803 battles

Am I missing something here or do his skill bonuses not match up with Russian DD's or Cruisers all that well? 

Good for the Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya?

Unique Skills:

"Routine Maintenance": 

-45% (Default: -30) to the risk of incapacitation of modules.
"Expert Marksman": 

+3 deg/sec (Default: +2.5) to the traverse speed of the guns with a calibre of below 139 mm.
+1 deg/sec (Default: +0.7) to the traverse speed of the guns with a calibre of 139 mm and above.
"High Alert": 

-20% (Default: -10%) to the reload time of the "Damage Control Party" consumable.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles
Just now, digitaljustice said:

Am I missing something here or do his skill bonuses not match up with Russian DD's or Cruisers all that well? 

Unique Skills:

"Routine Maintenance": 

"Expert Marksman": 

+3 deg/sec (Default: +2.5) to the traverse speed of the guns with a calibre of below 139 mm.
+1 deg/sec (Default: +0.7) to the traverse speed of the guns with a calibre of 139 mm and above.
"High Alert": 

-20% (Default: -10%) to the reload time of the "Damage Control Party" consumable.

Matches up great for my Nikolai.  Seems like they would be good for cruisers too.

[NGA]
Members
1,291 posts
7,840 battles

Well, several of the early Russian DDs do have rather slow turret rotation.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
622 posts

Going on Donskoi when I open her.  Should do well on Moskva also!

Members
1,577 posts
9,998 battles

I think it would be a great captain to have if they ever release a RU BB line. Those skills serve best on a battleship. I might just throw it on the Revolutsiy until that happens. It's a bit of a waste on CAs and DDs

• Cool 1

[MBR]
Members
228 posts
5,679 battles
17 minutes ago, digitaljustice said:

Unique Skills:

"Routine Maintenance": 

"Expert Marksman": 

"High Alert": 

I suggest putting Viktor Znamensky at your DDs and then go to the Khabarovsk, because you'll be under heavy fire and Routine Maintenance will help to keep your turrents functioning, Expert Marksman will be useful for quick reactions and changes of targets and the other skill will improve your survivability. And you can use it on your October Revolution, turrents will rotate faster, less chance of turrent incapacitation and almost an instant Damage Control Party.

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,156 battles

I wish the missions did not require taking a Soviet against Germans and Japanese. Result? No Germans or Japanese.

• Cool 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,412 posts
9,576 battles

No problem getting him on this account, but I have neglected the VMF line on my Alt account.

Only up to the Izyaslav and Svietlana (tier 4).

Got construction this weekend - so not much time.  Thinking of 'buying' a T6.  Molotov is $23

Free XP to the Budyonny is $13.24 in converted XP (Don't need to - but I need to assign it a value)

Free XP to the Gnevny is $12.04.

Looking over the missions and the effectiveness of these ships -- who has the least effort to accomplish the tasks?

Looking at Co-OP/Scenario for all the work -- lots of IJN ships in Raptor Rescue !!  German.. not so many.

All in all..  It looks like a free XP to the Budyonny gives me the better ship for the job.  Gnevy in Raptor ???  >Gasp<

Bud is rumored to be tankier and more maneuverable than the Molotov.  Never got a Molotov in either account (despite hundreds of Christmas crates), so I don't know.

What do you think??

[FADES]
Members
152 posts
3,803 battles

The Molotov is a fun ship IMO, the guns are great, handling is ok after equipment.  Plays a lot like the Budyonny, gets wrecked when hit in the sides, starts lots of fires.  If you enjoy it, I think you will like the rest of the VMF Cruiser line, I just unlocked the Chappy and hopefully will buy it soon.

Edited by digitaljustice

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
8,948 battles

New commander is great for premium soviet DDs. Slow traverse on Leningrad and Gremyaschy means EM is necessary and improved version will be great particularly for the Gremy. PM is required for DDs as well. Especially the Leningrad will benefit from the improved version which many people use the Spood Beest mod on which means no propulsion mod 1. 

Moskva benefits from the EM but PM isn't in every build.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,412 posts
9,576 battles

Got the 500 flags -- easy button Budyonny/Chappy/Kutuzov. 

RNG was playing me for the kills, though. 

3 Scenario wins (one with 5 stars) and I'm averaging 60-90K damage...  NO KILLS !!!!!

---are you kidding me ???? ---

Took the Gnevny into co-op..   3 games....  Always in the top 2-3...   NO KILLS !!!!

I hit a DD with 2 torpedoes and the kill went to a BB who wasn't even paying attention..  secondary hit.

But my luck broke with the Kiev and I have 3 of the 6 kills.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,412 posts
9,576 battles

KILLER WHALE is the operation with all the German and IJN ships

Gather your team together and go there with your Budyonnys..   Then trade off the battleship/CV duties..  Remember--  battleships don't kill anyone.

[PNP]
Beta Testers
886 posts
17,238 battles
8 hours ago, Dodgy_Cookies said:

New commander is great for premium soviet DDs. Slow traverse on Leningrad and Gremyaschy means EM is necessary and improved version will be great particularly for the Gremy. PM is required for DDs as well. Especially the Leningrad will benefit from the improved version which many people use the Spood Beest mod on which means no propulsion mod 1. 

Moskva benefits from the EM but PM isn't in every build.

that was what I was leaning too also,  I like and do real good in both dd (have 19pts captain in both now) but I can not make up my mind on which one to put him in, ha ha

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,131 posts
14,535 battles

The special EM is good for the RU DDs because they're in the medium side of traverse speed.  Not as slow as IJN and not as fast as USN, so the special EM bridges that gap towards USN to be even smaller.  As others stated, Leningrad, Gremy, and some lower tier RU DDs have bad turret traverse.  Gnevny is just as bad as Gremy.

10 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Looking over the missions and the effectiveness of these ships -- who has the least effort to accomplish the tasks?

Looking at Co-OP/Scenario for all the work -- lots of IJN ships in Raptor Rescue !!  German.. not so many.

All in all..  It looks like a free XP to the Budyonny gives me the better ship for the job.  Gnevy in Raptor ???  >Gasp<

Bud is rumored to be tankier and more maneuverable than the Molotov.  Never got a Molotov in either account (despite hundreds of Christmas crates), so I don't know.

What do you think??

Budyonny is more rugged than Molotov.  Her faster shooting 152s are better for bagging more Ribbons than Molotov, but Molotov's powerful AP can help "secure kills," which is the harder part as people are looking to KS.

As for Co-op, it's a lot of RU ships playing right now, barely any German ones.

Gvnevny, or pretty much any DD, in Raptor Rescue is just simply terrible.  Hell, majority of Operations are terrible places for Destroyers.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,680 posts
3,824 battles
3 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

KILLER WHALE is the operation with all the German and IJN ships

Gather your team together and go there with your Budyonnys..   Then trade off the battleship/CV duties..  Remember--  battleships don't kill anyone.

There's also Defense of Naval Base Newport which I think is more easier to get the kills compared to Killer whale since they all come to you anyways.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,412 posts
9,576 battles

Problem I'm having is getting 4 people together to do a 'out of rotation' scenario.

After all, we aren't trying to win..  just kill German ships.

Now I'm working on the Alt account..  Free XP'd the Budyonny...  and now it's the ONLY T6 VMF ship I've got.  I'm going to get awfully tired of seeing it.

Half way through the ribbons now.

[TNG-D]
[TNG-D]
Members
348 posts
8,865 battles

Yep he is meant for battleships. The Krohnstadt is classified as a cruisers but it plays like a battleship. He is perfect for it.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

Every rusky DD except the Khab, new CA's coming and the Nikoli & Okt BB's

I used a Khab in co op to get what I needed in ship kills, 4 games, done

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,863 posts
10,641 battles
7 hours ago, MackDye said:

Yep he is meant for battleships. The Krohnstadt is classified as a cruisers but it plays like a battleship. He is perfect for it.

That is what I am thinking too. Seems like a good Capt for BB's but we only have 2 so far in the line. Probably be a good fit for Kronstadt (and Stalingrad) as you say.

Most of my Russian ships are Premiums so I can use him anywhere I want. I think he would work good on Kutuzov for instances with a faster smoke reload and turret traverse. Doesn't hurt protecting the torp tubes better either.

For now he will stay in the reserves though. I have a 16pt dedicated Cruiser Capt on Chapayev I am trying to get to 19, and that works great on my Premiums, so I don't need to use him. Am loaded up with Free/Elite XP waiting for Kronstadt. Probably will use him there and spec accordingly.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,863 posts
10,641 battles
7 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I used a Khab in co op to get what I needed in ship kills, 4 games, done

You got very lucky!

I went multiple, multiple, games a couple times in Co-op without even seeing a single German or Japanese ship. When I would see one it was usually just the single which of course was priority target #1 for everyone LOL.

Germans were the hardest as you had a chance at Japanese CV's. It took me forever to get the German kills.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,814 battles
21 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I think it would be a great captain to have if they ever release a RU BB line. Those skills serve best on a battleship. I might just throw it on the Revolutsiy until that happens. It's a bit of a waste on CAs and DDs

Im thinking same thing. This commander and the trait's WG has given him, could be a single that RU BB's are not the far away from 
being implemented into the game ?

Members
2,395 posts
7,710 battles

Yep, it seems pretty good for a BB captain. 

Got this cpt, but he will stay "rusting" in my port until soviet BBs. I have OR, but i use my 19 pts moskva cpt on my OR. 

[FLS]
Alpha Tester
568 posts
2,542 battles

I'll be running this guy in Kiev and eventually Trashkent/Khab, for one simple reason: buffed Preventive Maintenance. This greatly makes up for running the Spood Beest Mod, which prevents you taking tankier propulsion.

I mean, it's kind of a waste of his buffed Expert Marksman and High Alert, but high tier Russian DD don't need either of those things.

--Helms