Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Panzer1113

US Ship Discount this weekend

20 comments in this topic

[NOOOB]
Members
1,457 posts
12,292 battles

Used this weekends US ship discount to buy back some of US cruisers for upcoming line split.  While I had bought back Cleveland and Pensacola earlier, was waiting on some kind of discount to buy back New Orleans and Baltimore.  Not a great discount, but pulled the trigger anyway.  Spent about 40 million credits to buy ships, upgrades and modules.  Popped a couple of captains in, hopefully the investment pays off when then line split happens (hopefully this month).  May have to play them a few times to remind myself what a painful experience grinding the US cruiser line was, and enjoy the new modified split lines.

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles
14 minutes ago, Schindlers_Stink_Fist said:

The discount on higher tiers was better a few weeks ago. I think it was at 15%. Why not buy them back then?

It was only for DDs,  US cruisers have not been on sale since Christmas.

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,563 battles

Naw it's for all US ships, I just bought Des moines at 17 900 000 credits instead of the standard 22 million ( stacked with clan discounts) , and bought Alsace also since the 10% discount applies to all T8-T10 French, US and british ships :)

I hadn't bought the ships on previous discounts since I didn't have the experience, but with the mosaic camo I won this golden week, the 24 hours premium from reaching rank 16, the 24 hours premium from ww2 victory, the 24 hours from the Russian victory mission, the 200% first win bonus, the 50% EXP flag and the Hydra flags from umm... was it ranked? Anyways my first win bonus alone in Baltimore gave me 18k exp plus 3k free exp, and my first win in Alsace was 22k exp and 4.5k free XP, so it brought me over the edge to finally buy up that DM and Alsace will get upgraded in no time... This is really awesome!

(Here's some pics of NOM NOM NOM class XP :cap_wander: , keep in mind these are pretty regular games too)

2018-05-04 (1).png

2018-05-04.png

Edited by The_Grand_One

[ARGSY]
Members
6,225 posts
4,189 battles
10 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

but with the mosaic camo I won this golden week, the 24 hours premium from reaching rank 16, the 24 hours premium from ww2 victory, the 24 hours from the Russian victory mission, the 200% first win bonus, the 50% EXP flag and the Hydra flags from umm... was it ranked?

You sound like you've had a busy and productive morning!!

Part of me wonders whether I should have ground like hell through the Cleveland as I did through the Omaha, but against this:

1) If all is as advertised, I'm getting the Pensacola automatically anyway (along with a premium camo for her).

2) I am in no hurry to rush up the US cruiser lines once they split. Slow and steady, and for fun. Plus I've sailed in the Space Des Moines and did not do as well in her as others, so it's not like I'm burning with lust and eagerness to reach Tier 10.

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,563 battles

2) I am in no hurry to rush up the US cruiser lines once they split. Slow and steady, and for fun. Plus I've sailed in the Space Des Moines and did not do as well in her as others, so it's not like I'm burning with lust and eagerness to reach Tier 10.

To each their own buddy! I wanted to get a Des Moines since I did well with her in the space battles myself. this is my 5th Tier 10 ship anyways, and I've been grinding to get this DM since around the holidays so yes, I was busy and took full advantage, kept my 5 mosaic camo's for the week-end since I knew there would be an XP bonus, waited also to grind to rank 16 so i'd have premium this week-end, kept the flags for the week-end, and just stacked it all up this morning to amazing results. Also I recommend you buy the premium camo for Cleveland since it's on sale at 500 doubloons right now if as you say you are grinding Cleveland... when it goes to tier 8 it will cost 2000 doubloons regular. You can earn those doubloons for free from grinding the Russian commander campaign anyways, so why not, right?

EDIT: I was wrong sorry, the discount on the camo ended last night, it is now too late if you hadn't bought it already :fish_palm: ( I bought it last night, had some dubs laying around from some previous SC's)

Edited by The_Grand_One

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
614 posts

There was (at least last night) discounts on perm camo also.  Pulled trigger on Baltimore camo.  Should net me VIII Balti camo and IX Buffalo camo on split.

Did Cleveland camo a couple of weeks ago - should net VI Pensa and VIII Cleveland camo on split.

2x free tier VIII perm camos is not too shabby!

[SF-3]
Members
1,502 posts
8,097 battles

Serious, I checked a few days ago and didn't see anything about a US CL sale, just bought the NO.

Beta Testers
845 posts
5,984 battles
3 hours ago, mrh308 said:

It was only for DDs,  US cruisers have not been on sale since Christmas.

I  must have some clan discount fir Tier 8 since the little discount symbol has been by them for quite a while.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,386 posts
2,377 battles

Dang you, WG!  One day notice would have saved me 30% on re-buying Omaha.  That (combined with your error on the previous USN sale) has cost me over 1,000,000 Cr in the last month.

Not thrilled.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,386 posts
2,377 battles
1 hour ago, Happy668 said:

do i need to buy Omaha? is there benefit?

Yes, we think so.  After the cruiser split you will have to earn the T6 Dallas and T7 Helena.  You need Omaha to do it.

Of course, in the event it may not be needed. It's starting to appear that WG's silence on the matter means that our assumptions are wrong.

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles

I'm out of Port Slots... lol

Waiting for a port slot deal to come up. 89 ships and only 185 doubloons atm.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,171 posts
18,862 battles
4 minutes ago, BURN_Miner said:

I'm out of Port Slots... lol

Waiting for a port slot deal to come up. 89 ships and only 185 doubloons atm.

Port slots was last weekend...

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles

Welp, there it is. Such is life. Day late and a dollar short.

Oh well.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,828 battles
14 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Port slots was last weekend...

Yeah...i saw no announcements, nor any posts about it, when i logged in late sunday and saw it, ran to store to grab a gift cert, and by the time i got back sale was over....

[BYOB]
Members, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
747 posts
1,976 battles

Bah, I always buy something expensive right before a sale.  Got my Fletcher on Tuesday night.

Members
16,039 posts
14,407 battles
4 hours ago, Happy668 said:

do i need to buy Omaha? is there benefit?

Omaha benefits the red team with an easy to kill ship.

360 posts
194 battles

I double checked because of the sale and it turns out I had actually kept all of the US Cruisers as I was going up the line. Still going to try and figure out my permanent camo situation.

Sign in to follow this