You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Big specials in the premium shop on WOW

14 comments in this topic

Members
240 posts
4,670 battles

They have the VICTORIOUS OKTYABRSKAYA REVOLUTSIYA for sale and The Arizona as well. I'm a little strapped for so cash if I had to get only one which would it be?

Edited by crazyferret23777

[PVE]
Members
5,709 posts
18,273 battles

I have both and if I had to choose, I would take the Arizona. It isn't that the October Revolution is bad, the AZ is more useful to me because I have the USN battleship line to tier 9. 

[O_O]
Members
4,438 posts
9,620 battles

Arizona, easy.  She is a go-to when I need a good game.  She is tough, even when facing tier 8 ships.  One of my favorites.  And...she is the Arizona.  I play her with the Pearl Harbor flag every December 7.

Edited by desmo_2

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Another vote for AZ assuming you already have played tier 6. 

[SF-A]
Members
2,902 posts
5,725 battles

AZ is more reliable, OR is more unique.

Personally, I have fun with OR, but not with New Mexico (closest facsimile for me) simply because OR can see T4. Rare, but MM has a soft spot for me in the ship.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,601 posts
3,753 battles

Well, AZ has strengthened armour at 25mm, so you can't be overmatched by 356mm, has very good accuracy at almost all it's ranges and good torpedo protection I think. In addition, though this is a very slight possibility, if Ranked takes place in tier VI (It did a few seasons ago), it's a very capable ship.

Even if it didn't have all those traits, just for the history would be worth it.

Also, check LWMs reviews of both ships, that might help you

Edited by warheart1992

[INTEL]
Members
6,675 posts
25,841 battles

I have both. AZ would be my choice. Just expect the same molasses in a cold day speed as before.

[RKLES]
Members
7,243 posts
9,040 battles
17 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Well, AZ has strengthened armour at 25mm, so you can't be overmatched by 356mm, has very good accuracy at almost all it's ranges and good torpedo protection I think. In addition, though this is a very slight possibility, if Ranked takes place in tier VI (It did a few seasons ago), it's a very capable ship.

Even if it didn't have all those traits, just for the history would be worth it.

Also, check LWMs reviews of both ships, that might help you

The fact many of us our protesting Ranked Tier X and there has been a lot of favorable chat about tier 6 I would say odd are favorable for seeing another tier 6 Ranked.

Alpha Tester
2,208 posts
7,240 battles

I actually like the OR. Sure, there are definitely better tier 5 BBS out there but I just enjoy playing the ship.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,887 posts
11,607 battles

Neither, save your money for something better. 

AZ is popular, and she is a 'good bote' but slow and not fun to play, sailing bathtubs isn't fun,

OR is just kinda crap.

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles

Was a fan of the AZ when it first came out, but now that Bayern/QE can overmatch its bow along with IFHE making its 25 mm deck, upper hull, bow and stern easy mode for cruisers its just not that tanky anymore.  Guns are fine but its really easy to die if you end up just slightly out of position since everything is faster and some Russian DDs are literally twice as fast.  Can't speak to the OR, but I would rate AZ as the worst US BB premium since TX can see tier 4 and the others are vastly superior ships.  If you must have a US BB and can't take advantage of the Amazon prime offer for a free Texas than its not a terrible ship its just not great.

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
8,285 battles

I am sorry but id do not understand the question unless your love for BBs is some sort of passion i cannot understand.

Your choice is either a slow moving old boat with a heart( the Arizona)

or

A slow moving trop target that cannot defned it self in Training rooms let alone battles( The OCT REV)

save your cash on these two, or check with Little White Mouse