You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Starfleet1701

Star trek online: Taris

30 comments in this topic

[LOIN]
Supertester
868 posts

Hello everyone, I thought I would show a photo I thought was kinda cool. This picture was taken from the new updated mission Taris in the Romulan series in STO. the person in the foreground is a LT from the Romulan Republic flagship Lisset, I honestly cant remember his name some kind of random alien name. And of course the MACO in the white armor is me with my rifle pointed at Taris (Romulan terrorist). In the background are my officers

prisoner.png

Edited by Starfleet1701

Alpha Tester
4,720 posts
12 battles

Oh, yeah, I just completed that mission not to long ago. You have a nice looking crew. Fully decked out with maco armor. Even my level 50 fed character doesn't have that. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,298 posts
6,909 battles

You play STO?  I do too :D.

I will play the Romulan missions soon...I'm busy trying to save Harry Kim from himself :P.

Alpha Tester
4,720 posts
12 battles

You play STO?  I do too :D.

I will play the Romulan missions soon...I'm busy trying to save Harry Kim from himself :P.

I find that mission to be rather...annoying. 

6,298 posts
6,909 battles

I find that mission to be rather...annoying. 

I wanted to kill that Harry Kim :D.  I've been electrocuted, lost in a maze, and thrown down a cavern with him at the controls :D.

Alpha Tester
4,720 posts
12 battles

I wanted to kill that Harry Kim :D.  I've been electrocuted, lost in a maze, and thrown down a cavern with him at the controls :D.

I didn't mind the electrocution, the maze was a nice distraction. Things like that help break up the wash rinse repeat common to a lot of STO missions. But that darned cavern made me angrier than a Klingon forced to marry a Romulan. Then once you finally get the end you think "ha, finally did it, now we have you!" then the guy beams up and you have to go chasing after him through space. I was all :angry:.

Alpha Tester
922 posts
5,325 battles

I didn't mind the electrocution, the maze was a nice distraction. Things like that help break up the wash rinse repeat common to a lot of STO missions. But that darned cavern made me angrier than a Klingon forced to marry a Romulan. Then once you finally get the end you think "ha, finally did it, now we have you!" then the guy beams up and you have to go chasing after him through space. I was all :angry:.

My thoughts exactly. That cavern was a pain. How the hell do you go through that without dying 10+ times from falling. :angry:  That maze has a Kobali boff you can pick up, which is sort of cool. I don't remember where exactly though. She was in one of the dead ends.

Nice screenshot and great to see other people here play STO also. :) I pretty much have all my characters boffs outfitted with MACO and Omega gear.

6,298 posts
6,909 battles

My thoughts exactly. That cavern was a pain. How the hell do you go through that without dying 10+ times from falling. :angry:  That maze has a Kobali boff you can pick up, which is sort of cool. I don't remember where exactly though. She was in one of the dead ends.

Nice screenshot and great to see other people here play STO also. :) I pretty much have all my characters boffs outfitted with MACO and Omega gear.

I have the Christmas jackets on my boffs :).  I fly an Akira because it's Fed, looks cool (I loved them in DS9), and has a hanger (which currently holds Elite Scorpion Fighters). 

I got past that cavern by pure luck :amazed:.

[LOIN]
Supertester
868 posts

It took me a long time to get through that, to the dang lag made it forever just to get past the electrical discharges, then the maze took a long time to. trying to chase the crazed harry in space was frustrating to my reaction was the same as yours I was happy I finally got past all of that  stuff then he hijacks a ship and goes to warp.

6,298 posts
6,909 battles

I may start playing this game, this and SWTOR

It's a good time to join now since they are giving bonuses for new characters :D.

Alpha Tester
475 posts
106 battles

I know SOOO little of Star Trek though, I personally find myself a Star Wars fan, I guess I can be a fan of both, how big is the game?

6,298 posts
6,909 battles

I know SOOO little of Star Trek though, I personally find myself a Star Wars fan, I guess I can be a fan of both, how big is the game?

In regards to player size and world-size?  I personally think that the player size is a bit smaller than TOR, but the worlds are quite elaborate since they trek (heh :P) through all the old movies and TV show sites with their myriad of characters :)

Watch some footage of the game to see if it's your cup of tea :).  Heck!  Maybe just download it and try the tutorial to see if you'll enjoy it.  I can confidently say that ship battles in STO are better than those in TOR due to the usage of the xyz axis, enabling for a more 3D environment for fighting :).

6,298 posts
6,909 battles

Maybe you misunderstood, I was referring to the size of the download.

I think it's about 6.76 GB...according to a thread made by a STO dev.

0 posts

STO, a game that has sucked around almost 200 hours of my time (casual player) 

6,298 posts
6,909 battles

I guess that's reasonable, and does that count updates?

I think so...

I recall that the update included all the updates up to this point...which Season 10 will be upon us soon :).

STO, a game that has sucked around almost 200 hours of my time (casual player) 

...and money as well, in my case :P.

I was always a bit of a die-hard Trekkie :).  My dad introduced it to me when I was a kid and he has all sorts of Trek stuff lying in his office :).  He was more of a TOS guy, but I'm more of a DS9 fellow :P.

6,298 posts
6,909 battles

I am initializing the game as we speak

I'm a little late to the party, but tell me how you think of the game :D.  It's changed a lot over the years :).

0 posts

I'm a little late to the party, but tell me how you think of the game :D.  It's changed a lot over the years :).

Indeed, I've a bit of a recent player, compared to several others friends, but its nice. 

6,298 posts
6,909 battles

Indeed, I've a bit of a recent player, compared to several others friends, but its nice. 

I joined the game when it first went to F2P :)