Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SansPeur

Please if you Bring the Harekaze to Ranked ...

43 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

134
[-HON-]
Beta Testers
380 posts
9,645 battles

have IFHE.

In my Harekaze I meet a red Harekaze on the high seas and start pew pewing - this is going to hurt.

After I kill him, I still have close to full health and think his aim was really bad, but...

5aec286e667df_Harakazeranked2.jpg.9b1dbaf4643746313dc6bc78ef33c541.jpg

verses with IFHE

5aec286c386a1_Harakazeranked1.jpg.a5f11b05088092ab7df073d4687a8a06.jpg

 

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,740
[INTEL]
Members
8,603 posts
25,771 battles

The reason for this post would be????

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
672
[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
Just now, Taichunger said:

The reason for this post would be????

He is asking people to have IFHE, if they are using the Harekaze, (especially if they are using the Akizuki guns on it),  and was showing the damage difference between the 2 in the pictures, 1 with, 1 without.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
134
[-HON-]
Beta Testers
380 posts
9,645 battles
4 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

The reason for this post would be????

I'm sorry you can't see the images.

The red Harekaze hit me in my Harekaze with 21 HE shells causing 791 hp damage (~38hp per hit).

I hit the red Harekaze with 16 HE shells causing 5,618 hp damage (~351hp per hit)

I have IFHE and the red Harekaze obviously does not.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,740
[INTEL]
Members
8,603 posts
25,771 battles
16 hours ago, SansPeur said:

I'm sorry you can't see the images.

The red Harekaze hit me in my Harekaze with 21 HE shells causing 791 hp damage (~38hp per hit).

I hit the red Harekaze with 16 HE shells causing 5,618 hp damage (~351hp per hit)

I have IFHE and the red Harekaze obviously does not.

ok....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
66 posts
2,037 battles

Sorry for the question but, what is IFHE? Some type of special fuse or something like this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10
[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
76 posts
3,197 battles
22 minutes ago, Komarov60 said:

Sorry for the question but, what is IFHE? Some type of special fuse or something like this? 

Inertia Fuse for High Explosive (IFHE) is a 4 point captain skill that increases the penetration of your HE rounds at the expense of your chance to start fires.  You gain 30% penetration for a slight reduction (one percent in this case) in your chance to start a fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
364
[ARP2]
Members
1,244 posts
3,569 battles

Since you brought it up, my Harekaze captain is one point shy of being able to get IFHE.  What's the reasoning behind getting it (and spending points I could use elsewhere) verses just switching to AP?  

I use the B hull like most folks.  I'm not a DD driver for the most part, so don't really know how underaged botes optimize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[WOLF2]
Members
162 posts
4,783 battles
5 minutes ago, Hatework said:

Since you brought it up, my Harekaze captain is one point shy of being able to get IFHE.  What's the reasoning behind getting it (and spending points I could use elsewhere) verses just switching to AP?  

I use the B hull like most folks.  I'm not a DD driver for the most part, so don't really know how underaged botes optimize.

The HE is very anemic, and you'll get a ton of shatters if you don't have IFHE.  I used my Akizuki cpt in my Harekaze and he worked great.  Use IFHE when there is any sort of angle between you and the target, if they are broadside spam AP.

My Harekaze got me to rank 10 this morning!  

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
160
[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,087 battles
11 minutes ago, Hatework said:

Since you brought it up, my Harekaze captain is one point shy of being able to get IFHE.  What's the reasoning behind getting it (and spending points I could use elsewhere) verses just switching to AP?  

I use the B hull like most folks.  I'm not a DD driver for the most part, so don't really know how underaged botes optimize.

The B Hull HE without ifhe cannot pen most same or higher tier dd hulls. This means you will do very little damage to them if you are close due to angling and AP. Adding ifhe allows you to pen their hulls meaning you can damage a dd angled to you. Otherwise you’ll end up like in the pictures. Without ifhe you’re better off using the US gun hull. I think it’s C

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
335
[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,159 battles

Or use the US 127mm guns if you have a captain with less than 14 skill. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
364
[ARP2]
Members
1,244 posts
3,569 battles

Cool, thanks for the answers.  I'll give it a shot once she has that 14 the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,234
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,423 posts
9,614 battles

So now you tell me this after the free captain resets are over....    Hahahahahahahahahaha..  Gee thanks...  not (lol)

What I discovered that's even more important to the survival to a DD is the VIGILANCE captain skill.

About every 3-4 battles, I end up boosting into a spread of torps - and the closing speed is so fast there's little time to react...

They are moving 65 knots, I'm going into them at 40 knots..   On our whacky map scale, that's about 2KM/second.

WHAM -- half my health gone.

I also make a lot of blind torpedo hits this way.

Haven't hit one like that that since I switched over to that 3 point captain skill on all my DDs.  Now it gives me 1.5 seconds to react instead of 1 second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
525 posts
3,702 battles
9 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

So now you tell me this after the free captain resets are over....    Hahahahahahahahahaha..  Gee thanks...  not (lol)

What I discovered that's even more important to the survival to a DD is the VIGILANCE captain skill.

About every 3-4 battles, I end up boosting into a spread of torps - and the closing speed is so fast there's little time to react...

They are moving 65 knots, I'm going into them at 40 knots..   On our whacky map scale, that's about 2KM/second.

WHAM -- half my health gone.

I also make a lot of blind torpedo hits this way.

Haven't hit one like that that since I switched over to that 3 point captain skill on all my DDs.  Now it gives me 1.5 seconds to react instead of 1 second.

After you run DD's enough, especially in high tiers, you'll develop a sixth sense on when to expect them. It's not a bad skill to take, but there are so many valuable 3 point skills that it's hard to justify the cost.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
285
[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,109 posts
10,305 battles

so, OP wants red Harakaze to have IFHE so he will get wreaked rather than take minimal damage.  You really want to die?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
122
[DAKI]
Members
629 posts
6,494 battles

IF I were in the t8 bracket id bring kagero harekaze or non ifhe harekaze just for you~

 

Edited by SuzutsukiKaiNi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,234
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,423 posts
9,614 battles
2 minutes ago, Uber_Ghost said:

After you run DD's enough, especially in high tiers, you'll develop a sixth sense on when to expect them. It's not a bad skill to take, but there are so many valuable 3 point skills that it's hard to justify the cost.

Not all of us are teen agers with lightning skills.  Being older, I need all the warning I can get.

And my last encounter was from a Martel who blind-fired them around a corner in my direction.  I was boosting into that second cap hugging the island and neither of us knew the other was there.  Those torps were there faster than my rudder could respond.

Never again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
525 posts
3,702 battles
Just now, AVR_Project said:

Not all of us are teen agers with lightning skills.  Being older, I need all the warning I can get.

And my last encounter was from a Martel who blind-fired them around a corner in my direction.  I was boosting into that second cap hugging the island and neither of us knew the other was there.  Those torps were there faster than my rudder could respond.

Never again.

I really wish I was a teenager again. But, alas, the 80's are far behind me. My warning is based on experience, not my old Atari-based reflexes.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
134
[-HON-]
Beta Testers
380 posts
9,645 battles
19 minutes ago, RobertViktor68 said:

so, OP wants red Harakaze to have IFHE so he will get wreaked rather than take minimal damage.  You really want to die?

The problem is non IFHE Harekazes usually end end up on my team, and so we're done one from the start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
134
[-HON-]
Beta Testers
380 posts
9,645 battles
20 minutes ago, SuzutsukiKaiNi said:

IF I were in the t8 bracket id bring kagero harekaze or non ifhe harekaze just for you~

 

As long as you stay on the red side I'll be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,839 posts
10,762 battles
47 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

So now you tell me this after the free captain resets are over....    Hahahahahahahahahaha..  Gee thanks...  not (lol)

Doesn't the free respec end tomorrow (5/5) morning?

  • All players that played at least one Clan Battle during the Season 2 will get a special bonus—a 100% discount for resetting Commander skills and demounting Upgrades. The discount will be available until May 5, 04:20 PT (07:20 ET).
  • All players that played at least one Clan Battle during the Season 2 will get a special bonus—a 100% discount for resetting Commander skills and demounting Upgrades. The discount will be available until May 5, 04:20 PT (07:20 ET).
  • All players that played at least one Clan Battle during the Season 2 will get a special bonus—a 100% discount for resetting Commander skills and demounting Upgrades. Th
  • e discount will be available until May 5, 04:20 PT
  • (07:20 ET).
Edited by chewonit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,234
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,423 posts
9,614 battles
4 minutes ago, chewonit said:

Doesn't the free respec end tomorrow (5/5) morning?players that played at least one Clan Battle during the Season 2 will get a special bonus—a 100% discount for resetting Commander skills and demounting Upgrades. The discount will be available until May 5, 04:20 PT (07:20 ET).

  • All players that played at least one Clan Battle during the Season 2 will get a special bonus—a 100% discount for resetting Commander skills and demounting Upgrades. The discount will be available until May 5, 04:20 PT (07:20 ET).
  • All players that played at least one Clan Battle during the Season 2 will get a special bonus—a 100% discount for resetting Commander skills and demounting Upgrades. Th
  • e discount will be available until May 5, 04:20 PT
  • (07:20 ET).

That's a nope...   Gone this morning.  As usual, WG jumps the gun on these.  If you didn't anticipate this 'USUAL' practice of theirs, it's going to hurt.

Last 'Free Reset', I had to endure my 19 point Montana captain set up for the Atlanta for a couple months.

Another example of this behavior was the Anniversary missions where you could only buy crates to finish them off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
676
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
1,338 battles
3 hours ago, Jack_Tar said:

Inertia Fuse for High Explosive (IFHE) is a 4 point captain skill that increases the penetration of your HE rounds at the expense of your chance to start fires.  You gain 30% penetration for a slight reduction (one percent in this case) in your chance to start a fire.

Only -1% fire chance for guns below 139mm, though, iirc.  Above that, it's -3%.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266
[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
5 hours ago, SansPeur said:

have IFHE.

In my Harekaze I meet a red Harekaze on the high seas and start pew pewing - this is going to hurt.

After I kill him, I still have close to full health and think his aim was really bad, but...

5aec286e667df_Harakazeranked2.jpg.9b1dbaf4643746313dc6bc78ef33c541.jpg

verses with IFHE

5aec286c386a1_Harakazeranked1.jpg.a5f11b05088092ab7df073d4687a8a06.jpg

 

word...the guy obviously just bought the thing...for his anticipated triumphant sweep of Tier 8 Ranked...with a 6 skill captain.  He'll be on the forum later to cry about how Harekaze needs a serious buffing

Edited by Dr_Dirt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×