You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

Think I figured out the logical reason why Challenges/Missions have all been T5 instead of T4 lately.

12 comments in this topic

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles

Note: Please disregard if there is already a thread for this subject...I didn't look...

So good CV players have to at least have the option of going against CVs that can strafe while they can't if they try seal clubbing their way through them (aka try using a T5...they can get MMed into a battle against a T6 CV)...& T4 CVs can still practice while events are going on w/out being clubbed/farmed.

2nd Note: Please disregard if you aren't interested in off (or at least on the far side of the) topic ramblings...

I still miss being able to use my Kuma for them...sniff...still my 2nd most run ship...even when I run Co-Op (rarely...but if I get started late & there's a challenge/mission I really want the items from I'll finish them off in Co-Op sometimes if I need to)...I'll still target a Kuma 1st (especially if they are targeting me) because even in the "hands" of bots they can burn things to the ground fast (maybe less so if you use signals in Co-Op but I never waste any signals/consumables in Co-Op...Scenarios yes but not basic Co-Op...I do use those worthless type 1 camo's I get in abundance in containers in Co-Op because I would never run them in Random though)...but now that I have figured out why I see the reasoning...at least how CVs are presently balanced...maybe the CV changes will bring about a new situation where my Kuma can shine again in Challenges & Missions (aka they can change challenges/missions back to T4 & up)...

3rd Note: Warning: Even more off topic...

Where's the crossed finger emogi...they should add 3 of those...1 each for the Captain/Fishy/& Smiley Face emogis.

But then again that would probably encourage a bunch of "I wish for this"/"I wish for that"/"Nothing is ever right"/"Please-Please-Please" threads...probably not a good idea after all...good thing I didn't start a new post w/that title (would have gotten down voted out of the forums...well...if that was a thing)...but instead I buried it this deep in an unrelated thread w/a warning (& after 2 other warnings too) so if somebody has read this far it's there own fault.

I Really-Really-Really hope my OP is an original thought to at least some people or I'm gonna be up for "Biggest Troll" award...& that doesn't sound like an honorable achievement at all...I wonder if it comes w/flags (I'm not sure how honorable Detonations are & they come w/flags) it should come w/flags...at least a Warning flag (so I don't have to keep typing out the word "Warning"...I can just paste a flag there).

• Boring 1

[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
106 posts
12,552 battles

:cap_wander:  You ramble and never mention logical reasons.  This can be an interesting topic.  Please edit and try again.

I would like to understand why WarGaming punishes Tiers below V ... never a single mission allowing beginning players.  The Varyag Mission, for instance, should have been open to all Tiers because only a Tier II/III player would be excited to get a garbage Tier III Premium ship.  My low-Tier ships are unhappily sitting in port because of all the recent Tier V+ missions.

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles

How is a free tier 3 premium garbage? At the worst it is a free port slot and a reserve captain, at best it is a tier 3 captain trainer. Think of this as well a friend gets interested in the game that has never played before and now it is one low tier ship you do not need to repurchase to div with your friend.

I have it and have not played a match in it yet because I have been playing ranked but free stuff is free stuff and it is mine just for playing the game. Thank you Wargaming!

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

My theory for why tier 5 is simple: by forcing players to play at least tier 5, they are giving people who would have to move up in tier an incentive to purchase a premium ship to help them complete these missions.

Members
9,980 posts
20 minutes ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

How is a free tier 3 premium garbage? At the worst it is a free port slot and a reserve captain, at best it is a tier 3 captain trainer. Think of this as well a friend gets interested in the game that has never played before and now it is one low tier ship you do not need to repurchase to div with your friend.

I have it and have not played a match in it yet because I have been playing ranked but free stuff is free stuff and it is mine just for playing the game. Thank you Wargaming!

Who in the world would train a captain in a tier 3 premium? :Smile_amazed:

With the xp earning at that tier, you may as well leave him in any ship above tier 5....:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
9 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Who in the world would train a captain in a tier 3 premium? :Smile_amazed:

The people who don't like to venture above tier 4?

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles

It is not as crazy as it may sound flags with daily bonuses add up fast and if you are a newer player why not?

Maybe the same reason I will take my 19pt Bismark captain and pop him in Koneig Albert, just to have some fun. I just fail to comprehend how people can complain about free stuff.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles

Because if Tier 4 ships were ok, I would crush every mission with Nikolai or Arkansas Beta. . . and they want me to have to put some effort in.

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles
19 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Because if Tier 4 ships were ok, I would crush every mission with Nikolai or Arkansas Beta. . . and they want me to have to put some effort in.

They also let you do the missions in co-op. It is not like it was hard to complete most did them in an evening or two.............

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles

It's mildly inconsistent in that they let me use my Danae to help win my Vampire... but I guess if you want the rewards they want you to play in the big league (or the big pond with all the big fish, why hello there, little minnow!).

Members
18,271 posts
5,224 battles
54 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

And T4 is protected too, so even easier.

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
4 hours ago, Daffyd9x said:

You ramble and never mention logical reasons.

So CV players can't club newly protected T4s(as it was a new thing at the time they changed it...that is when the T4 challenge/mission options stopped...at the same time they protected T4).

& you're not guaranteed to get a T6 CV if you run a T5 but the chance is there so if you jump down to T5 in a CV to do them you have the chance of being pitted against a T6 that can strafe you while you do not have that option.

Already stated...nothing to edit...& they aren't punishing T4 CVs they are protecting them from total annoyance anytime there is an event so they can continue practicing anytime w/out being farmed/clubbed (well they still can be clubbed...but there is no benefit other than the sadistic satisfaction of clubbing them for those that are into just that...but you can't farm any bonuses from clubbing them anymore).