Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HMCS_Devilfish

Russian Special Captain

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

658
[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles

Not soon enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,834 posts
17,617 battles
1 hour ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Anyone know when the campaign for the Russian Special Captain is coming ?

Sorry No.

 

1 hour ago, LancerUlysses said:

This weekend. IIRC.

 

Actually there's a Mission for a German Commander this weekend (it's listed in the May calendar):

Final Reward

German Commander Helmut Schiffman's Recruitment, with 10 Skillpoints. 
Specialized for  I Hermelin 

Helmut Schiffmann boasts these Unique Commander Traits: 

 Improved Vigilance: The torpedo acquistion range bonus of Vigilance increases from +25% to +35%

 Handyman: The consumable reload time reduction of Jack of All Trades increases from -5% to -10%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
185
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,771 battles

Maybe 22 June ? A significant date in the Russian calendar. Interesting. Barbarossa and Bagration both start with a B and started on the 22 June

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
443
[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,305 battles
11 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

German Commander Helmut Schiffman's Recruitment, with 10 Skillpoints. 

Specialized for  I Hermelin 

Helmut Schiffmann boasts these Unique Commander Traits: 

 Improved Vigilance: The torpedo acquistion range bonus of Vigilance increases from +25% to +35%

 Handyman: The consumable reload time reduction of Jack of All Trades increases from -5% to -10%

Wow, those are some lame traits compared to the other captains. Improved vigilance, really? The German ships all have super hydro acoustics...

Edited by Ju87s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
185
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,771 battles
1 minute ago, Ju87s said:

Wow, those are some lame traits compared to the other captains. Improved vigilance, really? The German ships all have super hydro acoustics...

I will take 35 percent on vigilance, as a commander trait and whack em on the GK. I would not say it be insignificant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
443
[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,305 battles
1 minute ago, Crusin_Custard said:

I will take 35 percent on vigilance, as a commander trait and whack em on the GK. I would not say it be insignificant.

But then you would have to sink in 3 points on vigilance and would have to sacrifice, SI or BFT for it. You have 5.88km hydro on the GK. Vig just doesn't seem at all worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,834 posts
17,617 battles
32 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

Wow, those are some lame traits compared to the other captains. Improved vigilance, really? The German ships all have super hydro acoustics...

It seems as though they have changed the Vigilence skill...I just checked it & it now reads, "extends the torpedo acquisition range, including the time when the "Hydroacoustic Search" consumable is activated".

Not sure if that means the hydro range is now extended by 25% (or 35% w/new German commander). If so they snuck that in the update w/out stating it.

It seems irrelevant to state it otherwise as it would provide 0 benefit over the all hydro ranges already if it didn't extend that range...meaning all cruiser hydro will now be boosted to DD annihilation ranges like never before...especially German hydros...would almost bring them up to OP radar ranges.

Evil to do that w/out even giving fair warning in the update notes if that's the case.

I have 0 commanders w/the skill to compare with & would appreciate a clarification if anybody has 1 (they can transfer from a BB maybe to a premium to check it out if the BB doesn't have hydro)...but a free retraining for all instead of just "Clannies" is in order if that's what the change means.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,064
[OPG]
Members
3,967 posts
5,666 battles
4 hours ago, Crusin_Custard said:

Maybe 22 June ? A significant date in the Russian calendar. Interesting. Barbarossa and Bagration both start with a B and started on the 22 June

May 9th would make more sense as that's one of the biggest holidays of the year in Russia...even bigger than June 22nd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,541
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles

Fantastic!  My Nikolai is about to become even more OP!

Looks like some of the premiums I never play will be useful in completing it too.  Leningrad can farm ribbons, while Oktober R can get me kills. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
185
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,771 battles
1 hour ago, yashma said:

May 9th would make more sense as that's one of the biggest holidays of the year in Russia...even bigger than June 22nd.

LOL, forgot bout that one :Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266
[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
7 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Anyone know when the campaign for the Russian Special Captain is coming ?

Admiral Kolchak?  Although he was a White Russian...Perhaps the old Communists are still sore about his poor choice in sides.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
[WOLF2]
Members
884 posts
7,196 battles
34 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Fantastic!  My Nikolai is about to become even more OP!

Looks like some of the premiums I never play will be useful in completing it too.  Leningrad can farm ribbons, while Oktober R can get me kills. 

Unfortunately, T5 Russian ships don't count.   While the event notes on the link https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/victorious/ say T5+ for the victory missions, the tier is not mentioned for the Russian mission.   In the game, it'll show T6 or above.    Figured that one out after a couple of games in the Murmansk.   Racked up half of the 500 ribbons, only to find they didn't count.   Meh.

But thanks WG for the missions.  It'll keep me busy this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266
[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

But seriously -- who else is there?  I mean its not like there were a bunch of Nimitzs'/Yamamotos'/Halseys'/Togos'/Toveys'/Beattys'/Spruances' laying around in the 20th Century history closest of Russian fleet actions.  

Edited by Dr_Dirt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,541
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
26 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

Unfortunately, T5 Russian ships don't count.   While the event notes on the link https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/victorious/ say T5+ for the victory missions, the tier is not mentioned for the Russian mission.   In the game, it'll show T6 or above.    Figured that one out after a couple of games in the Murmansk.   Racked up half of the 500 ribbons, only to find they didn't count.   Meh.

But thanks WG for the missions.  It'll keep me busy this weekend.

Huh, that sucks.  Guess I'm going to have to rebuy some Russian cruisers or something.  It would be really convenient if they just gave us a good Tier 7 Russian Premium Battleship to do these sorts of things with!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×