Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ReddNekk

Asashio torps on tier 10 Cruisers

8 comments in this topic

Members
3,796 posts
14,076 battles

How about Tier 10 torpedo armed Cruisers getting a choice of their standard torp armament or torps like Asashio's? Give us a chance to return the favor to the BBs who exclusively focus fire on CAs. Setting the culls on fire is fun but torpedoing and flooding their butts from 20km away would be fun too. And it would serve them right! :Smile_izmena:

• Bad 1

Members
1,640 posts
7,476 battles

Cruisers don't need 20km torps. There is a reason they don't have them already, or had their torps nerfed down long ago.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
11 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

How about Tier 10 torpedo armed Cruisers getting a choice of their standard torp armament or torps like Asashio's? Give us a chance to return the favor to the BBs who exclusively focus fire on CAs. Setting the culls on fire is fun but torpedoing and flooding their butts from 20km away would be fun too. And it would serve them right! :Smile_izmena:

I think a torp reload option would be better

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,050 battles

I thought you were going to say, that Asashio torps should be able to hit heavy cruisers too, when the split happens.

Members
3,796 posts
14,076 battles
1 minute ago, manon45 said:

Is HE spam not broken enough for you?

If your reference to (Cruiser?) HE being broken means that it doesn't start enough fires, then I agree with that. I'll settle for more fires over longer ranged torpedoes.

• Boring 1

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
6,046 battles

Tier X cruisers as a whole do not need any buffs. A couple might need balance tweaks (especially once the new USN CLs come out and they change BB shell arming) but as a class they are easily capable of contributing as much or more as any BB or DD can. 

This is PEBKAC, plain and simple. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,844 posts
17,666 battles
2 hours ago, manon45 said:

Is HE spam not broken enough for you?

Getting good results HE spamming went out w/Fire Prevention commander skill...occasionally you get a high tier BB or 2 w/out it in a battle & you get some OK fire damage on a ship or 2 (but you can waste a lot of volleys doing minimal damage trying to figure it out if a ship has it or not) whereas you used to be able to crisp them all for OP stats every battle...nowadays you need High tier British BBs to guarantee any HE spamming success because at least they take off big chunks of life fire or no.

Sign in to follow this