You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
redblurr

Alpha and Beta rewards

45 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,719 posts

You know what? I really sincerely hope they announce that there will be NO rewards for alpha or beta testing.

This way, all the moochers, freeloaders and quote "testers" unquote who only care about what they can get will go away and leave. Then those who actually care about helping this game succeed can keep on doing what they have been doing since day 1. Making this game better.

now here is some free popcorn and I am going to bed. See ya'll tomorrow for some more testing.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

• Cool 6

Alpha Tester
2,800 posts
1,291 battles

This would be nice, actually. As much as I would like one, you need to realize we are not entitled to anything. 

Beta Testers
1,585 posts
4,110 battles

I signed up to test the game, give my input, and report bugs. Wether or not they reward anything to us is only a bonus and IMO not required

Edited by Newin331
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
312 posts
43 battles

Didn't WoT beta testers only get their reward for testing after playing a certain amount of battles during the test? What makes you think it will be different?

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
157 posts
85 battles

I've seen a ton of them as well but only justified one with a response and i think it says what all of us who joined to test or wanted to join to test believe is what are true rewards are for making the game better

View PostRekiru, on 29 January 2015 - 08:07 PM, said:

all of the above, yes in a way it is early access but it is are main responsibility as testers to report bugs so that when the game is ready for release it is more enjoyable for everyone, are rewards are knowledge of the game so that we have an advantage over those who had not played before the release, the comradeship that we form with other testers as we talk about the game, and the shear joy we get from playing an amazing game. should WG chose to give us some form of premium ship which is completely up to them then that's just icing on the cake yes it would be nice to get but its not needed. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,800 posts
1,291 battles

Didn't WoT beta testers only get their reward for testing after playing a certain amount of battles during the test? What makes you think it will be different?

This isn't WoT... they don't have to give anything to us. 

Beta Testers
134 posts
2,995 battles

I mean, like world of warplanes, if you were part of closed and open beta (and played a certain amount of matches) all you get is some emblems (one for alpha I think and one for closed beta and one for open beta) ... I mean if emblems are added into world of warships we might get ourselves an emblem :P

Edited by krazydude4

Beta Testers
312 posts
43 battles

This isn't WoT... they don't have to give anything to us. 

Of course they don't. But why wouldn't they, when they did the same thing with WoT (and WoWP I think)?

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,298 posts
6,909 battles

I'm just happy that I got into the game early :)...it'll help me kill the noobs quicker...I mean...it'll help me HELP the noobs learn the game easier :P.

Edited by TheStarscream
  • Cool 3

Beta Testers
1,585 posts
4,110 battles

Of course they don't. But why wouldn't they, when they did the same thing with WoT (and WoWP I think)?

that might be true, and they probably will reward us in some way. But it's not why I'm here

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,068 battles

Hey if they give me a freebie ship, I'm all for it. If they don't oh well.  Least I got to try out the game early and give feedback.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,315 posts
27,013 battles

I'm not playing this for a gift !  I'm Playing it because I enjoy the game a hole lot. Being on a Destroyer for four years and seeing half the world in that time going through the panama canal into the pacific Ocean also doing the north- Atlantic cruise Chasing Soviet Subs and stopping off in spain to be able to watch 7 bullfights and then head into the mediterrinean sea and stopping off at Rome was some experience for a young man back in the day. Playing hide and seek against the soviet navy with their nice green uniforms. Something I'll remember for ever. Yep I was a tin can sailor and proud of it too.

Alpha Tester
374 posts
3,067 battles

I'm not playing this for a gift !  I'm Playing it because I enjoy the game a hole lot. Being on a Destroyer for four years and seeing half the world in that time going through the panama canal into the pacific Ocean also doing the north- Atlantic cruise Chasing Soviet Subs and stopping off in spain to be able to watch 7 bullfights and then head into the mediterrinean sea and stopping off at Rome was some experience for a young man back in the day. Playing hide and seek against the soviet navy with their nice green uniforms. Something I'll remember for ever. Yep I was a tin can sailor and proud of it too.

Dude, if you were in US military, your avatar is rather unusual. The US and USSR were allies against monsters responsible for killing 50 million people, at least. Majority of the dead were not military by any extent. Also, in what pipe dream have you seen USSR navy seamen in green uniform?

The uniforms at best were changed after 2000 for Russian army and still Russian Navy does not have anything green. Could you elaborate, please?

Regarding the actual subject of this topic; reward or no reward is fine. As playing ahead of 50 Million of eager to participate fellow players is a reward in itself.

Edited by max2006
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
134 posts
2,995 battles

I'm not playing this for a gift !  I'm Playing it because I enjoy the game a hole lot.

yeah im not playing it for a gift either :P Im playing it since I love it~

[ERN]
Beta Testers
67 posts
4,682 battles

From my perspective, the reward of being in the alpha and beta tests should be that we have the privilege of helping Wargaming put together a great game. If they decide on giving a ship for a reward, I won't complain. But at the same time, I won't complain about not getting a ship either. The choice is theirs and theirs alone. I'm just glad to help out. 

Beta Testers
22 posts
345 battles

You know what? I really sincerely hope they announce that there will be NO rewards for alpha or beta testing.

This way, all the moochers, freeloaders and quote "testers" unquote who only care about what they can get will go away and leave. Then those who actually care about helping this game succeed can keep on doing what they have been doing since day 1. Making this game better.

now here is some free popcorn and I am going to bed. See ya'll tomorrow for some more testing.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

This is actually quite a sound idea. I've no idea how many alpha & beta tests I've participated in but I know in quite a lot of them, I've had no reward for doing it. 

The reward you get is actually being able to have an impact in some way on how the game turns out. You're right in that people simply get into these things and just play. No testing of anything at all. It's just irritating.

Beta Testers
787 posts
1,476 battles

The real reward will be a game with the less bugs, glitches, and fawls as possible, all thanks to the multiple reports the testers do!

That's the best reward, of course none of us would mind something extra, buth as I said, the best reward will be a very good game.

[BS]
[BS]
Beta Testers
16 posts
5,891 battles

I would like to like the hell out of this post, im getting sick and tired of these rewards threads, how about the reward is to test this awesome game, spoiled little brats always wanting more

Beta Testers
312 posts
43 battles

Just an fyi, I'm not asking for them to reward us. I'm simply questioning people saying we shouldn't get a reward, even though WG has always done it in the past.

Beta Testers
3,315 posts
27,013 battles

Dude, if you were in US military, your avatar is rather unusual. The US and USSR were allies against monsters responsible for killing 50 million people, at least. Majority of the dead were not military by any extent. Also, in what pipe dream have you seen USSR navy seamen in green uniform?

The uniforms at best were changed after 2000 for Russian army and still Russian Navy does not have anything green. Could you elaborate, please?

Regarding the actual subject of this topic; reward or no reward is fine. As playing ahead of 50 Million of eager to participate fellow players is a reward in itself.

New generation using  the word Dude which I never used. We used the word Man. No the monster was Stalin who killed more 50 million of his own people.  Hitler didn't even come close to that. And you're questioning me about the uniforms that  they had on their ships when they came  less then 50 yards from us out in the North Atlantic while protecting our carrier USS Wasp. Having their long range bombers called Bears flying low right over the carrier and my destroyer seeing those Big Red Stars on the wings was not a made up story (Dude) and that was during the so called Cold War 1969 or maybe 1970. And yes the uniforms were GREEN unless I was color blind and did not know it.

Beta Testers
69 posts
1,712 battles

What is it with this new breed of gamer who thinks that its a "privilege" to play a game?  These companies make games to make money. Back in the day they had to pay people to Alpha and Beta test games. Now these companies have huge pools of players ready to test their products for free and they get even more data sets then the devs back then could have dreamed of.  Every battle you enter, every time you tinker in the techtree and every feedback or bug report you send is data that helps the Dev finalize a product that they are going to make tons of cash on. And yes even those who do not submit reports are still contributing to the data the Devs recieve.  And what do we, the testers get? We get to play an incomplete game, spend time dealing with glitches or bugs. All of the time spent in the tests is time spent helping the Devs since none of your progress will be saved and except for a limited few you can not even make vids or even talk about it to help your youtube channel.  

Do not get me wrong. I am very glad I got into the last beta and hope to continue to help develop this awesome game, however it is Wargaming and Devs like them that are privilaged to have such a supportive community of players who are willing to do for free what they used to have to pay for.

So it is not wrong for a Dev to want to show appreciation to that community by giving them some token. I do not expect anything, and I don't see why anyone would since I have never seen anything saying they would give us something. However it is always nice to know the Devs appreciate the community that helps them make great games and tons of money.

Edited by Orumus
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,354 posts
735 battles

Being a tester is not mandatory, Orumus. Nothing wrong with making money. Not making money? Always suspect. Many of us like the testing process, finding bugs or making suggestions for improved game play. Recognition is nice, but hardly the motivator. Wulf

• Cool 2