Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Capitan_Incognito

Got dev struck by a BB's first salvo, game marked me as AFK

12 comments in this topic

Members
404 posts
4,440 battles

So, I was sailing my Ibuki towards a cap to support our DDs there and got spotted really early. Dodged a bit of fire. The DD that spotted me got spotted by our DDs and I fired one salvo at him. Then a Montana just landed a devastating strike as I was trying to get into cover. The game marked me as being AFK.

I'm attaching the result screen. You can see the part where I died less than 2 mins in having taken a total of 7 hits, which is well, fine... The dangers of playing a high tier cruiser too aggressively. The "Inactivity in Battle" part is completely inaccurate as I was moving the whole time (otherwise I'd have never been close enough to be spotted in the first place).

I'm concerned that your attempts to toughen enforcement without having a better way of screening out false positives is going to be a problem. I've certainly killed cruisers before they ever got in range as a battleship or won a torpedo duel super early as a DD against a guy who never fired his guns because he was trying to line up the perfect torpedo or was sitting in his own smoke and never saw it coming. Maybe a minimum time alive before you can be marked as AFK would help? (You're almost certainly never dying that fast if you don't move out of your start area.)

shot-18.05.03_21.52.29-0861.jpg

[NOBS]
Members
521 posts
5,860 battles

That seems harsh, so moving isn't enough to show that you played. Guess that is to defend against heading to the edge of the map. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
33 minutes ago, Capitan_Incognito said:

So, I was sailing my Ibuki towards a cap to support our DDs there and got spotted really early. Dodged a bit of fire. The DD that spotted me got spotted by our DDs and I fired one salvo at him. Then a Montana just landed a devastating strike as I was trying to get into cover. The game marked me as being AFK.

I would send in a ticket along with your replay.

Members
404 posts
4,440 battles
3 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I really need to start saving those :(

Actually, it probably wouldn't have helped. I played a game in my Minotaur while waiting for the Ibuki to get unstuck in the game. I think it would have gotten overwritten?

Members
273 posts
4,705 battles
4 minutes ago, Capitan_Incognito said:

Actually, it probably wouldn't have helped. I played a game in my Minotaur while waiting for the Ibuki to get unstuck in the game. I think it would have gotten overwritten?

No you're fine. Each game has it's own individual file so it will be there in the replays folder.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,102 posts
11 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Jesus dude, do you know what the penalty for that is? He's better off just turning plaid than trying to deal with customer lack of service.

• Cool 1

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

when they first explained the afk system i had high expectations. i thought surely they would have tested it thoroughly like they do with most other things.

i'm extremely disappointed with how much they dropped the ball on this. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
1 hour ago, Doombeagle said:

Jesus dude, do you know what the penalty for that is? He's better off just turning plaid than trying to deal with customer lack of service.

It is just a suggestion, I did not say he had too.:Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles
20 minutes ago, MidnightShamalan said:

when they first explained the afk system i had high expectations. i thought surely they would have tested it thoroughly like they do with most other things.

i'm extremely disappointed with how much they dropped the ball on this. 

It seems as if they made a mess of things. I am really starting to question the capabilities of the play testers or whether Wargaming is even listening to them. Either way it is needing some sort of change. 

Members
1,834 posts
17,617 battles
2 hours ago, Capitan_Incognito said:

I'm attaching the result screen.

Just to clarify...10km is the minimum distance required to not get the 0 credits/0 XP & the ever loved "you have not participated in this battle"...that now comes w/a pink warning/status (not sure which...did you turn pink OP or just get that message at the bottom of your results screen)?

Before the update I had a 9.94 & a 10.28 (in which I never entered a cap) for comparison w/the 10.28 giving me pity XP even though I never got any kind of ribbon...so in that .34km difference I'm assuming the rounded off 10km is the dividing line.

Members
404 posts
4,440 battles

I suppose, I should say it's good that they have some safeguard then, but apparently it's still not enough to prevent false positives. 

Edited by Capitan_Incognito

Sign in to follow this