You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

A DD is Sub hunting!?

31 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,239 posts
9,038 battles

Upon seeing a DD Blasting away at a small island in the back area early in the battle. They get asked “what they are doing?”

DD replies “ I’m hunting Subs that are trying to come in and kill the team, but don’t worry I’ll get them and save you guys!”

Ok I am more than a little worried to be honest... “ Well good luck with that and I guess carry on”  Making sure to stay beyond Torp range just in case.

DD replies: “ Thank you sir and stay back so they can’t Torpedo your battle ship.” 

Oh do not worry already staying out of somebody’s Torp range.. “ Are you sure you do not need any help?” Thinking Like maybe good night sleep, excercise  and fresh air, cutting back on Caffeine, sugar,  or other substances, maybe some good medical help?

DD replies: “ I can hold them off, but would be helpful if my Depth Charges would launch. Any idea what button activates the Depth Charges?”

” I am afraid I don’t know since I have never had to use those or hunt Submarines in Wows before”

DD replies “ Oh not to worry I will figure it out, after I do and if you want I can teach you how to use the depth charges too” as they obviously are pressing every button on the keyboard trying to trigger those Depth charges...

Umm yeah that will be the day... “ Thank you, that is very kind offer, But I have to get off after this battle to help my family around the house” And while need to save my sanity! Meanwhile enemy goes by and drops Torps into the smoke the DD had created trying out all the keys on keyboard in an attempt to launch death charges while fighting that small island aka the submarine...

The DD replies after getting killed: “ I am so sorry team, I failed to sink the sub and instead the sub sank me with torpedoes. I feel terrible that the sub might hunt you guys next.”

Some how I feel remarkably safe and possibly even safer now with a certain Torpedo armed DD sinking beneath the waves... “ Don’t worry you tried your best and nobody can ask for more  and better luck next time.” Unfortunately you could ask for more such as maybe having put half that energy, time, and firepower into hunting the enemy ships...

DD Replies “ I will be sure to do better, I am going to buy a Harekaze Destroyer before my next battle since I watched High School Fleet  and saw it battle a submarine. So that should work better for me next time.”

Oh have mercy on the teams that have them after this, and that poor Harekaze deserves better than it is about to receive. “ Harekaze is a nice ship, and the Anime series was nice. But are you sure you are ready for tier 8 ships?”

DD replies “ Oh don’t worry I will practice lots using Harekaze after I buy it from the shop.”

“Well have fun and good luck” Now time for me to go offline, go to bed early, get some sleep, and hope I wake up in the morning and realize all of this was a nightmare...

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Funny 6

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
29 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Upon seeing a DD Blasting away at a small island in the back area early in the battle. They get asked “what they are doing?”

DD replies “ I’m hunting Subs that are trying to come in and kill the team, but don’t worry I’ll get them and save you guys!”

Ok I am more than a little worried to be honest... “ Well good luck with that and I guess carry on”  Making sure to stay beyond Torp range just in case.

DD replies: “ Thank you sir and stay back so they can’t Torpedo your battle ship.” 

Oh do not worry already staying out of somebody’s Torp range.. “ Are you sure you do not need any help?” Thinking Like maybe good night sleep, excercise  and fresh air, cutting back on Caffeine, sugar,  or other substances, maybe some good medical help?

DD replies: “ I can hold them off, but would be helpful if my Depth Charges would launch. Any idea what button activates the Depth Charges?”

” I am afraid I don’t know since I have never had to use those or hunt Submarines in Wows before”

DD replies “ Oh not to worry I will figure it out, after I do and if you want I can teach you how to use the depth charges too” as they obviously are pressing every button on the keyboard trying to trigger those Depth charges...

Umm yeah that will be the day... “ Thank you, that is very kind offer, But I have to get off after this battle to help my family around the house” And while need to save my sanity! Meanwhile enemy goes by and drops Torps into the smoke the DD had created trying out all the keys on keyboard in an attempt to launch death charges while fighting that small island aka the submarine...

The DD replies after getting killed: “ I am so sorry team, I failed to sink the sub and instead the sub sank me with torpedoes. I feel terrible that the sub might hunt you guys next.”

Some how I feel remarkably safe and possibly even safer now with a certain Torpedo armed DD sinking beneath the waves... “ Don’t worry you tried your best and nobody can ask for more  and better luck next time.” Unfortunately you could ask for more such as maybe having put half that energy, time, and firepower into hunting the enemy ships...

DD Replies “ I will be sure to do better, I am going to buy a Harekaze Destroyer before my next battle since I watched High School Fleet  and saw it battle a submarine. So that should work better for me next time.”

Oh have mercy on the teams that have them after this, and that poor Harekaze deserves better than it is about to receive. “ Harekaze is a nice ship, and the Anime series was nice. But are you sure you are ready for tier 8 ships?”

DD replies “ Oh don’t worry I will practice lots using Harekaze after I buy it from the shop.”

“Well have fun and good luck” Now time for me to go offline, go to bed early, get some sleep, and hope I wake up in the morning and realize all of this was a nightmare...

I just want to say.......to say.........to say......dammit can't find it! 

200.gif

• Funny 1

[SYN]
Members
4,549 posts
11,437 battles

I am so pissed Netflix took Archer away.  That and a number of other shows I was watching.

Bastards.

• Cool 1

[JUICE]
Members
820 posts
6,369 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I do not know how you didn't lose it in chat! Good job?????? lol

Members
29 posts
259 battles

Would be nice if we had subs..... I think he came forme steel ocean they had subs there... I wonder if he was in the wrong game but did not notice it. Also, I think some dds could be considered subs. If you think about it weirdly.

• Bad 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,577 battles

Yea some DDs do have depth charges ... but they don’t work

[TBW]
Members
6,418 posts
12,065 battles

They had to be pulling your leg I hope.

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

:cap_book:

Members
1,853 posts
17,674 battles
45 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

I am so pissed Netflix took Archer away.  That and a number of other shows I was watching.

Bastards.

We had seen Archer up until last year & was in the middle of the 2nd season reviewing before watching the newest season that we haven't seen yet & when we came back the next day to continue it was gone...also very pissed.

Members
1,853 posts
17,674 battles

Meanwhile enemy goes by and drops Torps into the smoke the DD had created trying out all the keys on keyboard in an attempt to launch death charges while fighting that small island aka the submarine...

Are you sure it was the enemies torps & not "that island aka submarine" that got the kill? Coulda been a hacker w/a mod that made his ship look like an island aka submarine.

Edit: +1 for the narrative anyway.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,336 battles
Just now, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Are you sure it was the enemies torps & not "that island aka submarine" that got the kill? Coulda been a hacker w/a mod that made his ship look like an island aka submarine.

Yeah ... cuz that's a famous hack!

[RE]
Members
485 posts
18,199 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

:cap_haloween:

Members
1,853 posts
17,674 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Yeah ... cuz that's a famous hack!

9 out of 10 unicums swear by it...:=) :=) :=) :=) :=) :=) :=) :=) :=)...The 9...:=(...the 10th

[RKLES]
Members
7,239 posts
9,038 battles
9 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Edit: +1 for the narrative anyway.

Nope this was definitely a regular island 

[POP]
Members
860 posts
9,853 battles
10 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

Bastards.

wait wot?  Archer is gone?!?!?!

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,046 posts
10 hours ago, BruceC1 said:

Also, I think some dds could be considered subs. If you think about it weirdly.

Any ship can submerge; once.

• Funny 2

[TBOW]
Members
1,263 posts
10,726 battles
12 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

For being calm, through all that I SALUTE YOU Admiral_Thrawn_1.  That must have been all you could do to keep calm.

Members
1,853 posts
17,674 battles
25 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

wait wot?  Archer is gone?!?!?!

It still exists & more are still being made...just Netflix got rid of them.

Apparently they have so much original programming of their own now they are making enough profits to not have to pay licensing fees to other companies to show their titles.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[SBS]
Members
2,488 posts
2,253 battles
11 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Yea some DDs do have depth charges ... but they don’t work

Or you just haven't found the right key yet.......:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,239 posts
9,038 battles
1 hour ago, gcangel82 said:

For being calm, through all that I SALUTE YOU Admiral_Thrawn_1.  That must have been all you could do to keep calm.

Lol I learned at fairly young age how to stay calm, even if it was just being masterful acting job of pretending to be calm in which case you find yourself staying calm. Very helpful skill on so many occasions whether it is dealing with somebody that needs to be kept calm or riding in close to a heavily armed BB to lay some Torps in one of my own DDs. Or I have major chess tournament on the line and manage to get surprised, some people I know would let their emotions cloud their judgment, but me I would just mentally swat the rising feeling of panic out of the way and take calm look at things and find that my opponent had actually made subtle mistake I could exploit and use to actually win.

Now when it comes to WOWs 1 clueless player on a team of 12 is nothing to get angered over especially if the other 11 players are good. And if the clueless player is not trying to team kill anyone and are at least up as far as where islands are, then they can still act as Spotter as well as a decoy to lure the enemy away from our main force. And you have to be little more understanding of lower tiered battles anyway lol.

And If day the DDs in MM are playing miserably I often will switch over to using DDs myself to help provide some quality into battles in that area. Or if CVs are common and yet bad I use CV. Sometimes you just have to be willing to help out on some days. The one area I am short in is good tier 8 Gunboat DD that still can stealth Fire Torps. Taking some time to get there.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,852 battles
14 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Are you SURE you didn't dream this and in fact it was a nightmare? It seems too crazy to believe. hehehehehe.

[RKLES]
Members
7,239 posts
9,038 battles
4 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

It still exists & more are still being made...just Netflix got rid of them.

Apparently they have so much original programming of their own now they are making enough profits to not have to pay licensing fees to other companies to show their titles.

I more likely think it’s a licensing issue with the owners of the content. For example the Star Wars movies would have been on there long ago except for licensing reasons it has never been on there except for Star Wars Clone Wars series.

I have noticed if something was not doing as well it can get added to Netflix for a while until the show or movie gets a little more popularity and then it gets pulled off. But getting pulled off Netflix does not mean it won’t get added back on Netflix at some point. And if something returns it will remember right where you left off which is nice.

[H_]
Members
232 posts
7,292 battles
18 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

almost sounds like a younger person, I mean really pretty young and maybe has not played the game much.. ?  just a thought.  Otherwise that is a really weird conversation. 

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
18 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

this could never happen....never ever

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
18 hours ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

200.gif

wait WHAT!!!??? Archer on a mini sub!  When did that happen?  I missed that one