You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Seloth

Killing Self.

18 comments in this topic

[AK]
Beta Testers
334 posts
9,289 battles

Okay I am now pink. This screen shot will show you why I am pink. My question is simple: is this a bug or are you serious WG?

HlEAj1P.png

I was in my zoomed in targeting mode. I had a Kaiser lined up. Double tapped and BOOM! You have sunk ..... yourself. and incurred a penalty.

Edited by Seloth

[RKLES]
Members
7,239 posts
9,038 battles

Lol I have heard about faulty Russian equipment, designs, or maintenance involving military vehicles. But to include that into your ship is hillarious and little too realistic.

Did your turrets or Torp launchers fire while aimed at your deck, superstructure, or other turrets, or inside hull?

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
422 posts
13,079 battles

According to the screenshot above, you died due to TK damage (i.e. reflected team damage after getting TK status.)  Check your detail screen and see how much team damage you did (if any.)  If none, submit a ticket.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,711 posts
9,112 battles
3 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

According to the screenshot above, you died due to TK damage (i.e. reflected team damage after getting TK status.)  Check your detail screen and see how much team damage you did (if any.)  If none, submit a ticket.

That implies that he has been causing more than paint scratch damage for some time.

[TIRP]
Members
69 posts
13,592 battles

Well that tops me getting 2 games for pinging the superstructure of our Iowa, in my Akizuki.  I was trying to save him from an aggressive rush by a Kagero. Must have caught a mast or something while sinking the DD that rushed him, at just the worst time. Kagero's torps hit, just as the shell hit.

I got the pink lol, for 140hp. But self inflicted wounds are funnier. I did see a DD torp himself a long time back. For whatever reason the torps launched behind him and running in his direction, it was kinda funny as it happened right in front of me. He wasn't pleased either.

However did you maybe accidentally torp a teammate who couldn't repair a flood? That would do exactly what you see due to the reflected damage. I lost about 20K today in Ranked after a teamate did a near impossible U turn during an intense fight for the AB cap. I took all the damage in reflection for the torp hit instantly.

Edited by CJSII
brainfart

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
607 posts
9,428 battles

I'd honestly like to know the secret on how to flood someone WITHOUT using torpedoes. :cap_hmm:

Fire on the other hand, THAT might be a reason. :Smile_hiding:

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,357 posts
9,549 battles
8 minutes ago, Volron said:

I'd honestly like to know the secret on how to flood someone WITHOUT using torpedoes. :cap_hmm:

Ramming, though it doesn't work on allies.

Members
1,348 posts
506 battles
44 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

That implies that he has been causing more than paint scratch damage for some time.

the people that complain the most about being pink almost ALWAYS seem to be guilty of this....

odd

Edited by neptunes_wrath

[RKLES]
Members
7,239 posts
9,038 battles
47 minutes ago, Volron said:

Ramming can cause flooding 

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,069 battles
2 hours ago, Seloth said:

Okay I am now pink. This screen shot will show you why I am pink. My question is simple: is this a bug or are you serious WG?

[snip]

I was in my zoomed in targeting mode. I had a Kaiser lined up. Double tapped and BOOM! You have sunk ..... yourself. and incurred a penalty.

That's really odd. I don't see any fines for causing damage to friendly ships. I've heard of players somehow torpedoing themselves, but I've never seen it happen. Do you have a replay? If you don't, try sending a ticket to WG Support. Hopefully they can provide some info on what happened.

607 posts
9,428 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Against an ally though?

My point is, some folks were mentioning flooding, but OP has no torpedo strikes on anyone unless it doesn't count against allies?  I honestly don't remember.  Last time I TK'd a bot, was a while ago.:Smile_hiding:

[AK]
Beta Testers
334 posts
9,289 battles
13 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

All of the "team" damage was on me. It was a two turn pink, I worked it off. But you should NOT be able to sink yourself with your own guns.

[CVA16]
Members
2,314 posts
9,900 battles
13 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

AFAIK it only causes flooding when the ramming is between enemy ships, not ramming a friendly.

[AK]
Beta Testers
334 posts
9,289 battles

You can not flood a friendly with a ram. 

[CVA16]
Members
2,314 posts
9,900 battles
11 hours ago, Volron said:

My point is, some folks were mentioning flooding, but OP has no torpedo strikes on anyone unless it doesn't count against allies? 

You don't get a ribbon for torping a friendly, so he COULD have actually been killed by torp/flooding damage that would not show on the screenshot above. It may just be coincidental that the final damage happened while the OP was firing a gun salvo. The Battle Chat screen would have shown this. Other after action screens would show a -1 in the ships sunk or damage totals to the friendly ship. OR this is a wierd glitch.

When pink, don't you get double reflected damage? If so, a torp hit on a friendly will easily sink a DD.

Edited by Sabot_100

[AK]
Beta Testers
334 posts
9,289 battles

If I had hit a friendly with a shot or torpedo then the above screen show me being docked silver and xps. But to be clear NO I did not hit a friendly in the game with either a shell or a torp. I did not even trade paint in this match.

I did not post this about being pink, I was posting the SS because a. I found it a riot that I sunk my self with gun fire, and b. to ask how it is even possible to do it. 

Edited by Seloth

[CVA16]
Members
2,314 posts
9,900 battles
6 hours ago, Seloth said:

I did not post this about being pink, I was posting the SS because a. I found it a riot that I sunk my self with gun fire, and b. to ask how it is even possible to do it. 

All the logical explanations based on known game mechanics require you to have hit a friendly some how. If that didn't happen,  (and you are correct the screen doesn't show anything indicating it did) then this is indeed some sort of game glitch, possibly introduced inadvertently with the new patch. Maybe the new penalty system detected you THINKING about shooting teammate and reacted to that:Smile_teethhappy:

Shame since it looks like you were doing fairly well up until that point.

607 posts
9,428 battles
On 5/4/2018 at 10:12 AM, Seloth said:

If I had hit a friendly with a shot or torpedo then the above screen show me being docked silver and xps. But to be clear NO I did not hit a friendly in the game with either a shell or a torp. I did not even trade paint in this match.

Someone once posted about how they sank themselves with their own torpedoes, but I think it was Tash or Uda?  Either way, it's very rare.

Well, least THIS didn't happen.  From my understanding...

shot-18_04.12_18_33.08-0312.thumb.jpg.4f2aeb068f14431ce3f1df2c91209f2d.jpg

...this CANNOT happen.  And yet, here is the screenie.

I was trying to torpedo a DD that got in the harbor and was charging past me, and that was the result.  I've torpedoed myself a few times in the past trying to get a pesky ship in the harbor but nothing happened...:cap_hmm: