You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MalakieUSN

Military Appreciation month question?

14 comments in this topic

[USNM]
Members
3 posts
180 battles

How can someone be nominated if they do not use or have facebook or twitter?   Not everyone uses those services or will sign up for them?

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
352 posts
5,186 battles
44 minutes ago, MalakieUSN said:

How can someone be nominated if they do not use or have facebook or twitter?   Not everyone uses those services or will sign up for them?

It does get kind of annoying when games continue to push people to use outside communities in order to join events or contests specific to that game.  I don't plan to ever sign up for Facebook, especially considering recent events, and I really see no need for Twitter at all.

Another thing that would be real nice would be for Wargaming to release the Military Month flag or an equivalent through an event again.  They made it available once, and haven't done so since.

• Cool 5

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,606 battles
2 minutes ago, Deno said:

Another thing that would be real nice would be for Wargaming to release the Military Month flag or an equivalent through an event again.  They made it available once, and haven't done so since.

inb4 when can I fly my MMC flag alongside another flag :Smile_trollface:

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles
2 minutes ago, Deno said:

It does get kind of annoying when games continue to push people to use outside communities in order to join events or contests specific to that game.  I don't plan to ever sign up for Facebook, especially considering recent events, and I really see no need for Twitter at all.

Smart man; screw the bookface.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
5,619 posts
18,209 battles
1 hour ago, Deno said:

I would never use Twitter, way too much moronic stuff there tweeted out by idiots. I tried Facebook a long while back when they replaced MySpace, just was so worthless and pointless. It was fun to hear from high school friends I haven't thought of in decades but when the ex girlfriends started messaging me, felt it was just a bit too weird for me. In light of recent events, my decision was a good one. Luckily have always been a bit paranoid about info online so I only put required information there, never anything else. Wargaming can use it, don't care what they give away I refuse to be a part of that social media sewer. I get it that they want exposure for their product, IMHO they would be better off improving the game to boost their rating on Steam. I think their reviews there are mostly "meh". 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
4,546 posts
11,437 battles

I stay absolutely the [edited] away from Twitter, Facebook, and any other social media site where 99% of the bandwidth is wasted on idiotic "hey! look at me/us/my lunch/etc!" drivel.

Literally the only time I ever use Facebook is if I'm out of the country and I want to call someone back home.  Otherwise my account just sits idle, not being logged in for months at a time.

A third-party push to use those sites just annoys me that much more.

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Cool 2

[PRDEF]
Members
80 posts
3,575 battles
8 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

I stay absolutely the [edited] away from Twitter, Facebook, and any other social media site where 99% of the bandwidth is wasted on idiotic "hey! look at me/us/my lunch/etc!" drivel.

Literally the only time I ever use Facebook is if I'm out of the country and I want to call someone back home.  Otherwise my account just sits idle, not being logged in for months at a time.

A third-party push to use those sites just annoys me that much more.

Agree 100%.  I only got a Facebook account before my final deployment so I could keep in touch with the family and friends.  Now that I'm retired, I pretty much only use it to stay connected with old Air Force buddies and mentors.  Let me PM a Mod whatever they want to enter and they can put my name into the hopper for the drawing, but I'm not going to put my face out on the Warships Facebook/Twitter.  That's my contribution to Keep America Beautiful :Smile_glasses:.

[DNTZ]
Members
215 posts
11,542 battles
10 hours ago, Deno said:

I thought WG had mentioned that this was a mistake and that they don't plan on doing it again.  Maybe it is because it can be flown on every ship the player owns.

With that being said it would be nice to be able to fly two flags.  Anyone that has the MMC flag is highly unlikely to fly any other flag that has been earned since as all other flags don't add bonuses of any kind...

[O_O]
Members
4,408 posts
9,548 battles

I'm a vet, but don't use Twitter.  I'm not going to win any doubloons.  My son plays and is in the Navy...also not on Twitter.  He's out, too.

Good luck to you Twitter vets who submit a pic!

Edited by desmo_2

[KSC]
Supertester
53 posts
7,437 battles

The whole point of getting people to post to those social media site is the free advertising they get from it. The people you connect with see the posts about the game and it spreads the popularity of the game by a “pseudo” word of mouth . I do use almost all of the social media’s as it does provide a convenient link to a lot of what developers are doing with games as they post regular updates of what they are working on. It’s not for everyone but I get why they push using these sites and services.

[PVE]
Members
5,619 posts
18,209 battles
23 minutes ago, Braak said:

The whole point of getting people to post to those social media site is the free advertising they get from it. The people you connect with see the posts about the game and it spreads the popularity of the game by a “pseudo” word of mouth . I do use almost all of the social media’s as it does provide a convenient link to a lot of what developers are doing with games as they post regular updates of what they are working on. It’s not for everyone but I get why they push using these sites and services.

You don't have to have a Facebook account to look and see what the developers have posted there. I read what they write on FB and I don't have an account. I agree that they are wanting buzz about their product and social media is the way to go nowadays. You just have to remember that many of the players are old farts like me who don't like those newfangled thingies. Granted the idea was great but it has turned into a toxic online crapfest of just unimaginable scale. 

The best way to get attention is to make a great product that people want or need. Since games really don't fall into a "need" category, they need to make a game everyone wants to play. Competition is tough but if you have a good product, you will get players. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,527 posts
4,416 battles
11 hours ago, pikohan said:

inb4 when can I fly my MMC flag alongside another flag :Smile_trollface:

I fly it alongside my alpha tester flag. With bonuses from both combined, I get an extra 10% exp, 10% capt exp, and 5% credits on ships that can mount two flags.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
352 posts
5,186 battles
8 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I fly it alongside my alpha tester flag. With bonuses from both combined, I get an extra 10% exp, 10% capt exp, and 5% credits on ships that can mount two flags.

That is precisely why they need to re-release the flag, or add bonuses to more event flags.  People that have the Military Month flag usually fly it and nothing else because of the bonuses.  If they added the bonus to other flags, people would be able to fly those instead.

[TAFY3]
Members
353 posts
7,333 battles

Anybody not using Fakebook and Twitter are already a winner.