You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Thamelas

Fed Up With Ranked

52 comments in this topic

[WSU]
[WSU]
Members
20 posts
7,055 battles

I'm done with having to carry a gang of useless cowards or lose. I'm damn done with it.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Members
311 posts
2,336 battles

- the person on your team

Never forget to cite your sources.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,083 battles

c7f.jpg

[-TKS-]
Members
303 posts
6,028 battles

Well were not done with you, well at least not till im 10.  Get back in there and carry harder.

• Funny 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
14 minutes ago, Thamelas said:

I'm done with having to carry a gang of useless cowards or lose. I'm damn done with it.

Curious which ship you've been using... 

[WPP]
Members
519 posts
5,480 battles

Why post about it?  Seems like just changing it to another game mode is more than enough to remedy the issue.

• Cool 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
15 minutes ago, Thamelas said:

and so it begins.  they always start bright eyed and bushy tailed when ranked comes to town.  Time to kick [edited] and take some names.

Three or four days into the season the disillusionment threads begin appearing. 

lol...the circle of life...Hakuna matata 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WSU]
[WSU]
Members
20 posts
7,055 battles
8 minutes ago, Gascan75 said:

Curious which ship you've been using... 

HSF Harekaze "Ranked Edition", Kagero, Alabama.

Edited by Thamelas
Class

[ASHIP]
Members
597 posts
5,316 battles

This one didn't last very long... This season is barely two weeks old! There's still a month left.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
19 minutes ago, Thamelas said:

Well this isn't to stat shame you but one thing I noticed is your survival rate in both ranked and randoms is pretty (really) low which translates poorly in ranked since each ship needs to stay in the fight to pull its weight. The fact you're calling everyone else cowards suggests you're having some trouble with over extending. Not surprisingly as a result your average damage is really low in spite of reasonably good main battery and torpedo hit percentages. 

It looks like you actually have the tactical ability to inflict damage but are lacking on the strategic foresight to live long enough to do the amount required to make a difference. 

If I can ask the question... your NC stats in ranked are actually pretty good? Why not take her for a whirl? 

Edited by Gascan75
  • Cool 4

Members
1,345 posts
504 battles

when someone posts this crap and they talk about the TEAM and blame them I cannot help but look them up... and then when I do I am usually not surprised...

I was not surprised

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[IKEA]
Members
139 posts
3,208 battles

A lot of DDs run hydro into the cap so you might be better off using your BBs.  Try playing the Alabama or NC and keep your bow pointed in the general direction of the enemy BBs.  Be close enough to help the cap but not too close that you get over focused.  Don't be greedy with exposing your broadsides and focus more on the DDs and CAs before the BBs (as smart BBs will be bow tanking you back).  The rest of your team may or may not help you, so all you can do is do your best and try to carry.  Run premium consumables and flags and let single fires burn. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,215 posts
9,006 battles
41 minutes ago, Thamelas said:

Lucky :Smile_sad:

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,678 posts
9,083 battles
8 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

when someone posts this crap and they talk about the TEAM and blame them I cannot help but look them up... and then when I do I am usually not surprised...

I was not surprised

He is an average player in randoms. He is having a real bad run and the frustration is understandable but blaming the team loses a lot of sympathy.

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
278 posts
8,494 battles

Ranked Battles this time are a little different than the last time, now we have players that are at Tier 3-4 that buy a Tier 8 Ship and think they rule the world, but in fact have no idea how to play a Tier 8 ship, as long as WG allows this to happen, there will be more useless teams in Ranked.

And as far as the MM goes for Ranked, that is another problem area, when you have  a player with a 6 point captain in a BB, or CL, DD and they go up against a 16 point captain guess who wins that battle. This is problem that has been around since Clan Battles and rentals.

So, if WG does not think they have a problem with Ranked right now just wait another week, it will get worse.

Thanks ,

Sere_Pj

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,678 posts
9,083 battles
1 minute ago, Sere_Pj said:

Ranked Battles this time are a little different than the last time, now we have players that are at Tier 3-4 that buy a Tier 8 Ship and think they rule the world, but in fact have no idea how to play a Tier 8 ship, as long as WG allows this to happen, there will be more useless teams in Ranked.

And as far as the MM goes for Ranked, that is another problem area, when you have  a player with a 6 point captain in a BB, or CL, DD and they go up against a 16 point captain guess who wins that battle. This is problem that has been around since Clan Battles and rentals.

So, if WG does not think they have a problem with Ranked right now just wait another week, it will get worse.

Thanks ,

Sere_Pj

Six points isn't enough, you need at least 10. I just threw an extra 10 pointer I had onto my NC. High skill, 10 points or more captains is a problem for me for the non=premium tier 8's but I suppose it is for others too but I am doubloon poor so restraining for ranked is not viable.

Members
1,345 posts
504 battles
11 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

He is an average player in randoms. He is having a real bad run and the frustration is understandable but blaming the team loses a lot of ALL sympathy.

• Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,678 posts
9,083 battles

I am being generous, I am having a Mother Teresa moment.

Members
1,345 posts
504 battles
16 minutes ago, Sere_Pj said:

Thanks ,

Sere_Pj

that happens EVERY season that no one has the tier for....
Happened last season and will ALWAYS happen,....

[NOBS]
Members
546 posts
5,936 battles

Isn't the whole point of ranked to separate the good from the bad? 

Otherwise it would just be random on one map!

I figure since I'm stuck in that 14-15 range, that it's probably where I belong, I have no delusions of reaching rank 10. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,278 battles
1 hour ago, Thamelas said:

I'm done with having to carry a gang of useless cowards or lose.

Someone on this Forum, and for the life of me I cannot remember who, once said that if you lose one game, you can blame whoever you want; if you lose two games, you can blame who you want; but when you're losing all of your games, you should start looking for a common denominator.

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
55 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I was not surprised

You know, I hear rants like this often, both in randoms and in ranked. Though this ranked is unique in the fact that Tier 10 is involved.

Now the other day I posted a situation where I played aggressively in my GK and it upset people in the Ranked battle. I feel I should have been supported, they felt otherwise, as you can imagine, the conversation went south and so did the game.

With that said, I have always considered myself an "average" player. I've tried to be as well rounded as possible, even though I am a bit bias towards BB's, I play CA's/CL's and DD's to a fair extend and efficiency. I have a lot of ships, 89 in total, 3 Tier 10 BB's, 3 Tier 10 Cruisers, but no Tier 10 DD's (2 Tier 9's though) and everything in between. However, in the days after that post I reflected on my own play. I stepped out of ranked and went into randoms, back into Tier 10 to see how I did.

I played normal, but with a "rank" attitude. I tried to play with a "survivalist" mentality in all of my Tier 10 ships, pushing when needing to in BB's, supporting in Cruisers, etc. You know what??? I need to work on my Tier 10 game play... Plain and simple. It's me, nothing more, nothing less. I am not efficient in my Tier 10's enough to "carry" like I am in Tier 8, 7,6.

So I am hanging it up for the season as I won't drag a team down. The first part of fixing a problem is recognizing there is a problem... I need to work on my Tier 10 game play. :)

Just throwing that out there.

Members
1,345 posts
504 battles
2 minutes ago, BURN_Miner said:

You know, I hear rants like this often, both in randoms and in ranked. Though this ranked is unique in the fact that Tier 10 is involved.

Now the other day I posted a situation where I played aggressively in my GK and it upset people in the Ranked battle. I feel I should have been supported, they felt otherwise, as you can imagine, the conversation went south and so did the game.

With that said, I have always considered myself an "average" player. I've tried to be as well rounded as possible, even though I am a bit bias towards BB's, I play CA's/CL's and DD's to a fair extend and efficiency. I have a lot of ships, 89 in total, 3 Tier 10 BB's, 3 Tier 10 Cruisers, but no Tier 10 DD's (2 Tier 9's though) and everything in between. However, in the days after that post I reflected on my own play. I stepped out of ranked and went into randoms, back into Tier 10 to see how I did.

I played normal, but with a "rank" attitude. I tried to play with a "survivalist" mentality in all of my Tier 10 ships, pushing when needing to in BB's, supporting in Cruisers, etc. You know what??? I need to work on my Tier 10 game play... Plain and simple. It's me, nothing more, nothing less. I am not efficient in my Tier 10's enough to "carry" like I am in Tier 8, 7,6.

So I am hanging it up for the season as I won't drag a team down. The first part of fixing a problem is recognizing there is a problem... I need to work on my Tier 10 game play. :)

Just throwing that out there.

well said.... and I agree 100%/// There are many times when , YES, A CERTAIN PLAYER OR PLAYERS screw up the game that you, otherwise, would have won and there are times that yourself is the one to blame because You might have made a mistake.. and that will happen... with ranked it is more involved and you need to be more aware.. more responsible for your actions or inaction... I make it to rank ten as much as I can every season to at least know I did that well... lst season got to 14...(Obviously not with  Neptune so....)I digress...
So this season if I make 10 I will give the Hindy a shot at it... Khab maybe or the MOskva, as those three ships possess a 19 Point capt, the Zao 18....

• Cool 1