You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OgreMkV

Do Not Allow Pink Players in Ranked

15 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,235 posts
8,332 battles

Once again I request that pink players not be allowed to play in competitive events like ranked and clan wars. If it is accidental, then they can quickly redeem themselves and get back into ranked play. 

But if it's with cause, then they won't be able to destroy matches in ranked. 

I just had a pink player in a Hindi follow my Montana for an entire match threatening to torp me if I wasn't "acting aggressively enough" or if I wasn't moving in a direction he approved of.  Yes, we lost. He was too busy hounding me and the other BB to actually do anything useful. I ignored him after the first few minutes, but that kind of play is not cool. 

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

[-TKS-]
Members
303 posts
6,035 battles

i would like to submit my own request that red players not be allowed in rank also. Ive been playing and it seems they all pick on me .

• Cool 5
  • Funny 12

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

lol -- I thought the whole purpose of the new overwatch system was to relegate pinks and reds to Co_Op.  So they can make an end around of the new system and play ranked?  Dafuq??

[PVE]
Members
5,658 posts
18,248 battles
20 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

lol -- I thought the whole purpose of the new overwatch system was to relegate pinks and reds to Co_Op.  So they can make an end around of the new system and play ranked?  Dafuq??

Well someone who is pink is under the old pink penalty rules only. Being pink just means you damaged another teammate (not necessarily sinking them) or have the new AFK penalty. They can still play all modes. Now if they keep up the team damage or continue to be afk they turn orange BUT no one else can see if a player is orange. They still show up as pink in the game. Only the offending player sees the orange status in his port. An orange player can only play in co-op.  It is a bit confusing I think. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[INTEL]
Members
6,667 posts
25,801 battles
19 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

No. Pinks can still play anywhere. Orange are the ones limited to the sandbox.

As for the suggestion on reds, you may have a point, but you'd get no damage and no XP.

Members
627 posts

Too funny, 

This game should be used for a psych masters thesis.....perhaps doctoral? 

Having been short on time my play time is purely for fun. So lately reevaluating the game.  I am thinking that the war is over and time to mothball my fleet.  Then in a couple of years peek in to see what WOWs has become.  

I had something similar in Randoms but he decided that using his guns was better than torps.  Pink, combined with spamming chat and boxes on the Minnie me map.  

At some point Wargames will have the legal mess sorted and a clear way to close accounts for good. At that point they will have to make a decision where to go.  Until then This sort of thing is just hilarious to watch. Crazy chatters and Freacky forum posters are just the cherry on top of the 5150 cake.  

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,039 posts
11,241 battles

Agreed, pinks should not be able to play ranked. Ranked its not about fun place, thats random, ranked people want be more competitive.

[-TKS-]
Members
303 posts
6,035 battles
34 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

As for the suggestion on reds, you may have a point, but you'd get no damage and no XP.

thats the crux of the problem . its not about damage or acquiring xp its about teamwork.  imagine all the teamwork getting done with no reds.....

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,874 battles
57 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

But...  If there were no reds I'm thinking we would get more pinks.  I think we are onto something here.

Edited by Warped_1

[RKLES]
Members
7,229 posts
9,022 battles
42 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Too funny, 

This game should be used for a psych masters thesis.....perhaps doctoral? 

Having been short on time my play time is purely for fun. So lately reevaluating the game.  I am thinking that the war is over and time to mothball my fleet.  Then in a couple of years peek in to see what WOWs has become.  

I had something similar in Randoms but he decided that using his guns was better than torps.  Pink, combined with spamming chat and boxes on the Minnie me map.  

At some point Wargames will have the legal mess sorted and a clear way to close accounts for good. At that point they will have to make a decision where to go.  Until then This sort of thing is just hilarious to watch. Crazy chatters and Freacky forum posters are just the cherry on top of the 5150 cake.  

Speaking of legal messes lol, I can only imagine why Wargaming had to close the WOT Blitz public chat thread in game. Likely legal pressure from FBI, CIA, Home Land Security, DEA, have I left any law enforcement agencies out? And sadly I am not exactly joking, at night when Moderators were offline I would sometimes open the app to play some battles and would happen to check on that chat and after very brief moment, would quickly close the chat, close the game, and maybe even switch off my iPad internet connections. I would be like I am not seeing that, not in anyway getting linked to that, I was not even on chat or the internet!!!

Lol although the one discussion on what caliber of Tank or Tank Destroyer gun you would need to rob a bank and blast open the armored vault doors, but at same time not blow up all the money was a priceless conversation... and sadly one of the more legal sounding of what would go on at night in that chat. :Smile_facepalm:

Wargaming does seem to attract some really toxic people at times. Not entirely sure why.

Best thing we can do is get screen shots when chat goes bad and send them into Wargaming support where they can get them banned. Had snall group of friends and me do this heavily in WOT Blitz for up to a month after Wargaming instituted the 5 strike and then perma banned penalty system. And let me tell you for few Months after that there was noticeable improvement both in chat and player quality.

We might need to do the same in WOWs PC because I have noticed in general a direct link between players that spam profanity in chat and less intelligent play. So we get them banned then WOWs might improve a bit. Sure it won’t take care of entire pool of bad players, but at least should knock out decent percentage of them. And Wargaming support is far more effective report system than the in game report system I will tell you that.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,885 posts
1,338 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Only the offending player sees the orange status in his port. An orange player can only play in co-op.

And Clan Battles; i.e. that's up to the Clan.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,051 posts
28 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Speaking of legal messes lol, I can only imagine why Wargaming had to close the WOT Blitz public chat thread in game. Likely legal pressure from FBI, CIA, Home Land Security, DEA, have I left any law enforcement agencies out? And sadly I am not exactly joking, at night when Moderators were offline I would sometimes open the app to play some battles and would happen to check on that chat and after very brief moment, would quickly close the chat, close the game, and maybe even switch off my iPad internet connections. I would be like I am not seeing that, not in anyway getting linked to that, I was not even on chat or the internet!!!

Lol although the one discussion on what caliber of Tank or Tank Destroyer gun you would need to rob a bank and blast open the armored vault doors, but at same time not blow up all the money was a priceless conversation... and sadly one of the more legal sounding of what would go on at night in that chat. :Smile_facepalm:

Wargaming does seem to attract some really toxic people at times. Not entirely sure why.

Best thing we can do is get screen shots when chat goes bad and send them into Wargaming support where they can get them banned. Had snall group of friends and me do this heavily in WOT Blitz for up to a month after Wargaming instituted the 5 strike and then perma banned penalty system. And let me tell you for few Months after that there was noticeable improvement both in chat and player quality.

We might need to do the same in WOWs PC because I have noticed in general a direct link between players that spam profanity in chat and less intelligent play. So we get them banned then WOWs might improve a bit. Sure it won’t take care of entire pool of bad players, but at least should knock out decent percentage of them. And Wargaming support is far more effective report system than the in game report system I will tell you that.

Not just Wargaming  Onlne Gaming Period of any franchise WoW  was so bad South Park made a parody show about it  IE PKing....................How it was it was worse than D2's  I'm not sure never I played WoW.   That's one of the only thing's Blizzard(Buzzard) did/got right in D3 PVP is allowed only in a Separate Arena.   Toxicity in chat seems to be universal

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
43 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Not just Wargaming  Onlne Gaming Period of any franchise WoW  was so bad South Park made a parody show about it  IE PKing....................How it was it was worse than D2's  I'm not sure never I played WoW.   That's one of the only thing's Blizzard(Buzzard) did/got right in D3 PVP is allowed only in a Separate Arena.   Toxicity in chat seems to be universal

.... because for the most part, those same toxic people hit all the sites.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,235 posts
8,332 battles

Aw the freedom of internet anonymity. People's true behaviors come out. Sadly, it makes me wonder just how much we haven't evolved from our ape cousins.